PDA

View Full Version : Looking for good 6x9's and 5.25's

stereonoob
04-08-2011, 12:06 AM
Hello all! My first post! I am looking for some 6x9's for my beat around town car. The head unit is a Pioneer DEH-2200UB.

I know it's a dink, but hey, it's for my grocery getter and not my truck. Anyway, I bought some Kicker DS693's and they sound like crap. I assume they are maybe being underpowered as I am only running the head unit and no amp. I also bought some Kicker DS525's for the front panels, but didn't hook them up yet after how bad the 6x9's sounded.

I understand I'm not building a monster system here, but I still like to rock in my commuter car and am looking for something that sounds good with some boom to it. Any recommendations out there? Thanks in advance!

Louisiana_CRX
04-08-2011, 12:10 AM
I have some nice Boston Accoustics 6x9's and 5 1/4s I'm selling if intrested PM me...

stereonoob
04-08-2011, 12:16 AM
I appreciate the offer, but I'm one of those guys that likes to buy things new. More than anything, I am looking for what speaker(s) would be good to purchase that have the right fitting specs with my head unit (PMS, range, etc) I'm not entirely sure what to look for in these. Again, not trying to blast your offer, but buying new would be my preference.

Louisiana_CRX
04-08-2011, 12:20 AM
buy Digital Designs then if you want the best....

trumpet
04-08-2011, 11:35 AM
You need to provide enough power for aftermarket speakers to sound as they should. Good 6x9s can easily take over 100W RMS and they will be vastly underpowered on head unit power. You might be happier putting in adapter plates and using smaller round speakers in your 6x9 holes.