PDA

View Full Version : fm modulator for in car dvd/video question.

rockey95
03-31-2011, 03:01 PM
Folks, i have a question and wasnt sure exactly where to post it but i have a aftermarket dvd/video player that has to have a FM modulator with it, my question is this, can i use pretty much any FM modulator with this in order for the sound to play thru my speakers or do i need some special type of modulator?
The reason i ask is that the local shop here was going to charger me $79.99 for one and i see them on the net for anywhere from $14 to $49.00.
Thanks

kcso85
04-07-2011, 01:19 PM
Hey Rockey, FM Modulators are not exactly component specific. They basically take over the antenna connection to your stereo system. The modulator goes in-line on your antenna connection. As far as I know, what makes them different or unique is the connector for whatever ever compnent your trying to hook up. Hope that helps.

kanyeofthebay
04-26-2011, 03:13 PM
You're REALLY going to want to hardware the audio in your system if at all possible. If its really not possible you may want to consider selling the player and getting a new one. Even if you have to pay a bit more in the long run you may save if the modulator costs 80 bucks and you can get better hardwired sound with a $2 cable from radioshack.