PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations Please

s-typejagman
02-10-2004, 05:35 PM
As the name would suggest the car is an s-type Jaguar. I am looking to improve the system and not sure what to put in the front. Has anyone had any experience with this motor? Since they are now built by Ford I can see that the doors have 7x5's in them. I was seriously thinking about Diamond HEX S500s, as I have found someone that would send them to me in the UK for $299 + shipping. If nobody has fitted out the car can I have an opinion on the speakers please or others that are comparable
TIA

Willie

outbacksport
02-13-2004, 02:20 PM
IMO, i would just get a Rainbow Profi set or DLS iridium set which is available in europe.

Berry47
02-13-2004, 03:36 PM
Diamond hex are great speakers.

BulldogSr04
02-13-2004, 03:42 PM
are the diamonds components or coaxials?

I would get a set of 6.5 components and just make a baffle for them that fits. Put them on a nice amp and it should sound nice. My mom has a jag s type so i can look later on.

I bet your could take those little 8s out of the rear deck and upgrade them with some good 8s and make an enclosure that bolts up in the trunk. That should sound nice. If you would get a 4 channel 600 watt amp like a Kicker KX600.4 that would push the system nicely.

s-typejagman
02-13-2004, 05:19 PM
Thanks for the replies guys. The rears are in the doors. Thinking of getting two 10" in the trunk powered by a nice amp. Have been recommended a DLS amp which is a Swedish make. I notice DLS iridium are recommended and I will have a look at them.
The Diamonds were components.
Keep it up and thanks for your help.

Willie