PDA

View Full Version : Contributing/Sponsor Memberships

CarAudio.com Admin
03-25-2011, 04:35 PM
Are coming soon. I just want to get some feedback on what you want to see, in addition to:

Username different color with special logo by username.
Very upgraded PM box
Can post your business ads in signature with a link.
Can post your business related threads in the classified forums.
Can post threads in a special forum, for new car audio products, news, etc.
Can post giveaways, prizes, contests, etc.
Less ads!

And: ?

Price: It will be comparable pretty much to other sites. Remember though, this is targeted toward dealers, not individual members who want their name a different color. The price will reflect that. In other words, don't confuse this with a Premium membership, etc.

mossberg385t
03-25-2011, 04:40 PM
Are coming soon. I just want to get some feedback on what you want to see, in addition to:

Username different color with special logo by username.
Very upgraded PM box
Can post your business ads in signature with a link.
Can post your business related threads in the classified forums.
Can post threads in a special forum, for new car audio products, news, etc.
Can post giveaways, prizes, contests, etc.
Less ads!

And: ?

*no ads

CarAudio.com Admin
03-25-2011, 04:47 PM
*no ads

I'll see what I can do :)

pro-rabbit
03-25-2011, 04:58 PM
Any idea on annual or monthly prices? I can see this working out depending on prices. You can pm a pricing structure if you like. I can pm you who I am affiliated with if that matters.

pro-rabbit
03-25-2011, 05:01 PM
I'm not your average member, I promise lol :D

CarAudio.com Admin
03-25-2011, 05:01 PM
Any idea on annual or monthly prices? I can see this working out depending on prices. You can pm a pricing structure if you like. I can pm you who I am affiliated with if that matters.

It will be comparable pretty much to other sites. Remember though, this is targeted toward dealers, not individual members who want their name a different color. The price will reflect that. In other words, don't confuse this with a Premium membership, etc.

dbeez
03-25-2011, 05:02 PM
Depending on price i would be interested.

CarAudio.com Admin
03-25-2011, 05:05 PM
Depending on price i would be interested.

That i why I'm posting to get as much feedback as possible, to make it worth it. If you're a seller/dealer, I would consider this fee to be nominal in relation to other avenues.

pro-rabbit
03-25-2011, 05:05 PM
It will be comparable pretty much to other sites. Remember though, this is targeted toward dealers, not individual members who want their name a different color. The price will reflect that. In other words, don't confuse this with a Premium membership, etc.

No confusion here. I'm asking on behalf of a manufacturer.

CarAudio.com Admin
03-25-2011, 05:09 PM
No confusion here. I'm asking on behalf of a manufacturer.

Good deal. Yes, it's def. for them also. ;)

dbeez
03-25-2011, 05:10 PM
The no ads is a definite plus also our own section woud be nice and we can mod it ourselves.

pro-rabbit
03-25-2011, 05:18 PM
A sub forum would be nice. When you get some price structures and what is included pm me with it. Thanks. If you can not tell depending on everything I think this will work put great. I'm sure sundown will be on this.

Will this change forum rules on sigs and such?

slim2fattycake
03-25-2011, 05:37 PM
interested. please let us know price structure and if there are going to be subforum sections.

CarAudio.com Admin
03-25-2011, 05:39 PM
I'll be back in a little while to reply on this.

slim2fattycake
03-25-2011, 05:52 PM
With the ending memberships on ****, I foresee lots of vendors wanting membership on ca. ;)

pro-rabbit
03-25-2011, 05:57 PM
With the ending memberships on caco, I foresee lots of vendors wanting membership on ca. ;)

Indeed. As long as the price and what you get equals out, I can see this working out very well for ca.com.

sundownz
03-25-2011, 05:57 PM
Sounds interesting.

slim2fattycake
03-25-2011, 06:00 PM
If things go right, **** will vanish... .. .

pro-rabbit
03-25-2011, 06:02 PM
If things go right, caco will vanish... .. .

I don't that is the intent of this what so ever. The company in which I am speaking for will likely stay on caco and come here if everything works out.

slim2fattycake
03-25-2011, 06:06 PM
I know its not but I'm sure it'll happen. Why go there when you can go here for the same thing? You know?

whitedragon551
03-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Lets not start any rumors. This isnt about a CACO vs CA thing. We are only interested in improving this site and nothing more.

slim2fattycake
03-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Sorry about that. Just saying...

CarAudio.com Admin
03-25-2011, 11:22 PM
A sub forum would be nice. When you get some price structures and what is included pm me with it. Thanks. If you can not tell depending on everything I think this will work put great. I'm sure sundown will be on this.

Will this change forum rules on sigs and such?

Yes, if you're a dealer or manufacturer, you will need to be a contributing/sponsor member, to show ads in sigs, etc.

You will have a forum to post threads on new products, giveaways, contests, etc also.

pro-rabbit
03-25-2011, 11:24 PM
Works for me, just let us know when you get a price structure lined out. I'm sure they may be different levels of prices with different perks for each level.

Kangaroux
03-25-2011, 11:25 PM
*no ads

just use adblock lulz

whitedragon551
03-25-2011, 11:29 PM
just use adblock lulz

Go ahead and dont support the site you love. Without those ads the site wont exist.

Kangaroux
03-25-2011, 11:32 PM
Go ahead and dont support the site you love. Without those ads the site wont exist.

sorry if i dont like my browser cluttered with ads lulz

CarAudio.com Admin
03-25-2011, 11:33 PM
Works for me, just let us know when you get a price structure lined out. I'm sure they may be different levels of prices with different perks for each level.

Different levels of pricing etc, is kinda something I wanted to avoid. That will make it really hard to enforce everything. I'd rather keep it as minimal as possible and straight forward.

slim2fattycake
03-25-2011, 11:36 PM
That's cool too so what's the details? spill the beans. :)

pro-rabbit
03-25-2011, 11:40 PM
Different levels of pricing etc, is kinda something I wanted to avoid. That will make it really hard to enforce everything. I'd rather keep it as minimal as possible and straight forward.

That is very understandable.

CarAudio.com Admin
03-29-2011, 01:56 PM
So, anymore input on what you would need/want this to include? Would be good to get this up and running asap, just want to cover all the bases first.

pro-rabbit
03-29-2011, 02:00 PM
So, anymore input on what you would need/want this to include?

I think you have the right idea for the most part. I'm just interested to see the pricing when ever you get it lined out. I think most of anyone who is interested is already a vendor on other forums.

slim2fattycake
03-29-2011, 02:01 PM
Maybe scroll through banner at the top of each vendor? If that makes any sense. Basically to feature a certain company for a couple of seconds or minutes or whatever to show some exposure. Just a thought.

Random1010
03-29-2011, 02:20 PM
Interested in pricing

CarAudio.com Admin
03-29-2011, 02:29 PM
Maybe scroll through banner at the top of each vendor? If that makes any sense. Basically to feature a certain company for a couple of seconds or minutes or whatever to show some exposure. Just a thought.

I'm trying to visualize. Can you elaborate?

pro-rabbit
03-29-2011, 04:10 PM
I'm trying to visualize. Can you elaborate?

I think he is referring to something similar to the add banner at the top of the forum now. Not sure though.

slim2fattycake
03-29-2011, 04:12 PM
Yes. Just a thought.

TurdFergueson2
03-29-2011, 04:19 PM
You should go for it. It will most likely work out. A lot of the vendors are already here. I saw 2 post in this thread alone. You will most likely have to enforce some rules about people thrying to cheat the system. It works well on other sites.

cthedinger
03-29-2011, 04:51 PM
I am interested in a vendor section. Just waiting to see the price.

CarAudio.com Admin
03-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Yes. Just a thought.

If I'm understanding right, that's another option nearly ready. Actually ready now. You will be able to advertise throughout the forums, where the adsense ads are located now. When your ad is live, it will simply override the adsense ad. Cost per thousand impression rates will be very very low. If anyone wants to try it out now (before it goes live) for half the normal price, PM me to sign-up.

05fronty
03-29-2011, 06:17 PM
does it have to be car audio related or can it be other things? for example fiberglass work?

CarAudio.com Admin
03-29-2011, 06:21 PM
does it have to be car audio related or can it be other things? for example fiberglass work?

Pretty much anything you want to advertise, as long it's legal and not obscene, is what I'm thinking.

pro-rabbit
03-29-2011, 06:23 PM
no mail order brides huh :crap:

CarAudio.com Admin
03-29-2011, 06:26 PM
You can also target particular forums.

pro-rabbit
03-29-2011, 06:29 PM
You can also target particular forums.

Care to PM me with some info on this with options and price? I'm very interested personally as well as for AQ perhaps.

Also any other info for pricing on being a vendor would be grateful.

cthedinger
03-29-2011, 06:41 PM
Care to PM me with some info on this with options and price? I'm very interested personally as well as for AQ perhaps.

Also any other info for pricing on being a vendor would be grateful.

Goob could you PM me also with details and pricing please.

CarAudio.com Admin
03-29-2011, 06:49 PM
PM'd both of you.

cthedinger
03-29-2011, 06:56 PM
Replied

slim2fattycake
03-29-2011, 07:08 PM
If I'm understanding right, that's another option nearly ready. Actually ready now. You will be able to advertise throughout the forums, where the adsense ads are located now. When your ad is live, it will simply override the adsense ad. Cost per thousand impression rates will be very very low. If anyone wants to try it out now (before it goes live) for half the normal price, PM me to sign-up.

PM me pricing and details on this ad setup. Thanks. I'm asking more to relate the info to SPL-Lab US.

pro-rabbit
03-30-2011, 01:50 PM
PM'd both of you.

going over a few things right now for it. Should have something together when I get back from this business trip.

Please be sure to let me know when you get the vendor info/price situated.

whitedragon551
03-30-2011, 06:07 PM
I see green user names available.

9515ROB
03-30-2011, 06:12 PM
I might have misread or missed it but i didnt see this. On this membership is it going to be a lifetime member ship, yearly, or monthly?

CarAudio.com Admin
03-30-2011, 10:44 PM
It will be monthly. Can cancel at anytime.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

going over a few things right now for it. Should have something together when I get back from this business trip.

Please be sure to let me know when you get the vendor info/price situated.

Will do!

9515ROB
03-31-2011, 01:20 AM
It will be monthly. Can cancel at anytime.

---------- Post added at 09:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:44 PM ----------

Will do!

just an idea maybe you could do a yearly member ship as well for a couple bucks less than what you would pay in total over a 12 month period

iamamp3pimp
03-31-2011, 01:32 AM
im down depending on pricing.

MikeofTulsa
04-06-2011, 05:26 PM
im down depending on pricing.

same here.

pro-rabbit
04-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Any updates on this?

CarAudio.com Admin
04-14-2011, 08:27 PM
Any updates on this?

I had a death in the family and unfortunately got a little sidetracked on this. But I'm shooting for the next week or 2. :)

JL Audio
04-14-2011, 08:29 PM
I had a death in the family and unfortunately got a little sidetracked on this. But I'm shooting for the next week or 2. :)

sorry to hear.

Suicide Bobb
04-14-2011, 08:30 PM
I think you should make premium membership as well...

---------- Post added at 04:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------

:crap:

pro-rabbit
04-14-2011, 08:52 PM

Sorry to hear that, just worry about your family matters and get to this once things calm down and you have time.

CarAudio.com Admin
04-15-2011, 10:11 AM
Thanks everyone. It wasn't anything sudden, so wasn't as traumatic...

Bosstradamus
04-19-2011, 09:58 PM
No vendor wants to be on this forum,why would they? There are way to many disrespectful people here,hardly anything car audio about this site.

MikeofTulsa
04-20-2011, 11:27 AM
if you see anything that is disrespectful outside of the thunderdome feel free to report it. this stuff is handled quickly if its reported. this forum is far too large for us to view every single post made.

cthedinger
04-22-2011, 06:37 PM
Any updates on this Goob?

pro-rabbit
04-25-2011, 02:38 PM
Any updates on this Goob?

He said it would be a couple of weeks. It has only been about a week.

cthedinger
05-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Any updates now Goob?

CarAudio.com Admin
05-05-2011, 07:30 PM
Any updates now Goob?

Hey everyone. I'm making progress on it and hoping to get it going next week hopefully. IF that doesn't happen then the other sponsor method will definitely be ready and live at that time, with the vendor memberships shortly after.

I apologize for the wait, just a few unforseen issues keep popping up...

power_turd
05-05-2011, 08:00 PM
Around 2 or so years ago you stated you did NOT want dealers, wholesalers, or any other distributer types on here. You now want to have them?

With these types coming here are you going to make sub sections for their companies like some of the other forums?

The reason I ask is because this site has always been unbiased of brand, manufacture, and/or representitive of companies. Most people use to want to keep it that way. I myself still do want to keep it that way. Personally, if you would go about redisigning this site for more technical aspects of car audio and a learning center, I see you getting far more hits and revenue from that. Having a system on the front page that offers wiring diagrams, box tutorials, ect.

Its ultimatly up to you I guess. I see your point of wanting to put money in your pocket. Having vendors pay you to use your site for their products is a way. However, I truly believe that there are other ways to make this website grow and still up your earning potentials.

-Johnny Drama

cthedinger
05-18-2011, 06:55 PM
Any updates on vendor sub-sections?

CarAudio.com Admin
05-18-2011, 09:43 PM
Coming very soon. I'm shooting for next week for Vendor memberships. Anyone have any last requests on this?

power_turd
05-18-2011, 11:39 PM
Wow, strait ignored...

CarAudio.com Admin
05-19-2011, 03:05 PM
Around 2 or so years ago you stated you did NOT want dealers, wholesalers, or any other distributer types on here. You now want to have them?

With these types coming here are you going to make sub sections for their companies like some of the other forums?

The reason I ask is because this site has always been unbiased of brand, manufacture, and/or representitive of companies. Most people use to want to keep it that way. I myself still do want to keep it that way. Personally, if you would go about redisigning this site for more technical aspects of car audio and a learning center, I see you getting far more hits and revenue from that. Having a system on the front page that offers wiring diagrams, box tutorials, ect.

Its ultimatly up to you I guess. I see your point of wanting to put money in your pocket. Having vendors pay you to use your site for their products is a way. However, I truly believe that there are other ways to make this website grow and still up your earning potentials.

-Johnny Drama

My bad, I missed this. Honestly, the site has always had dealers, shopping sites on the front page, etc. This is just a way to help them grow their business and also help out the site in a number of ways. The vast majority of visitors are interested in purchasing car audio, so why not cater to that? This is simply a way for them to expand their presence on the forum.

And yes, I do plan on offering sub-sections on the forum for their business use, for those who want to go that route.

sobe3yourself.
05-19-2011, 03:09 PM
n00dz in the dome?

CarAudio.com Admin
05-27-2011, 01:07 PM
Update: The comet chat was updated so was itrader this week, as was a server issue.

So, if all goes as planned, next week we well have Vendor memberships available.

I apologize for the delay, just want everything to be perfect as possible when it's launched.

dumple
05-27-2011, 01:22 PM
I think it's a great idea seems to be working fantastically for other forums and it would give dealers (new and previous) and the like an avenue to reach new or more customers I've been waiting for something like this to happen. Keep up the good work!!!

tpmeredith
05-27-2011, 01:29 PM
My bad, I missed this. Honestly, the site has always had dealers, shopping sites on the front page, etc. This is just a way to help them grow their business and also help out the site in a number of ways. The vast majority of visitors are interested in purchasing car audio, so why not cater to that? This is simply a way for them to expand their presence on the forum.

And yes, I do plan on offering sub-sections on the forum for their business use, for those who want to go that route.

Not only that, but I don't see having dealers here as making CA biased. I see it as an extra level of support to get in touch with companies a lot of us probably have at least one product with. This allows for better support from companies on our own turf, questions specific to products to be answered, and for better development from them as well as they'll be talking directly to the people using products =P

Only using CACO as an example here, but I would like to see the classifieds a little further diversed, I know they've been worked on in last few months. Not quite as diverse as the CACO in my opinion, but a little more specific. For example, make an amplifier section that is split in two, Mono Amps and Multi-Channel amps.

Then 8-10" Sub's, 12-15", 18+", parts/motors/odd sized subs or something along the lines.

Personally people can complain all they want about "mean people" here, but the fact is the majority of people getting disrespectful responses A. Do not report it, and B. Ask a question that could have been answered via a search through the forum in 5 minutes.

I'd prefer this forum and sifting through responses myself with real people answering than 'other website(s)' which aren't quite as free (much more strict) on the modding front.

CarAudio.com Admin
06-03-2011, 10:18 AM
Just wanted to give everyone a heads up that this is now live, incase you haven't already noticed.

Anymore input or questions?

Bosstradamus
06-05-2011, 01:27 AM
Dealers don't come here because of all the bs that goes on here. There are very few knowledgeable people on this forum most posts are in the thunderdome. This site has very little to do with car audio most of the time.

Bosstradamus
06-05-2011, 01:30 AM
n00dz in the dome?

My point exactly,this is how most on this forum act. Show me a thread that stays on topic without some idiot coming in saying something stupid.

whitedragon551
06-05-2011, 09:57 AM
Dealers don't come here because of all the bs that goes on here. There are very few knowledgeable people on this forum most posts are in the thunderdome. This site has very little to do with car audio most of the time.

My point exactly,this is how most on this forum act. Show me a thread that stays on topic without some idiot coming in saying something stupid.

Which is exactly why we are cracking down on the BS outside of the dome.