PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Speaker

Fender5
03-23-2011, 10:44 PM
I have the Cerwin Vega D5 towers. The date on the back is 1986. I bought them earlier last year used. One of the woofer does not play unless it is being pressed down on.
the part #: LSCGM1030
i was not able to find any online
i contacted CV and they want $95 per woofer plus shippin!

i paid $90 for both of them used so thats too much right now.
any alternatives? I have no clue how to tell how much airspace i have, etc.
i looked at some goldwood and daytons

1rockford1
03-23-2011, 10:46 PM
dont b cheap do it right the first time. by the way i miss you

Bassin Buick
03-23-2011, 10:52 PM
probably the tinsel leads. You may be able to fix them yourself with a razor blade/soldering iron/and some glue. Oh and obviously new tinsel leads too. LOL

Bassin Buick
03-23-2011, 10:54 PM
Razor blade to get the dustcap off. soldering iron to solder the new leads in. and glue for the lead holes and to glue the dustcaps back into place. those are common dustaps so you may want to just buy new ones. Its very hard to remove them without causing visible damage.

Fender5
03-23-2011, 11:22 PM
do you know where to get tinsel leads? partsexpress?

budahbuddy803
03-23-2011, 11:38 PM
i would probably go a different route, and do my best to approximate the volume of the enclosure and then find new/cheap woofers that would fit nicely in your application. parts-express has so many woofers for such different uses its ridiculous and im sure you would find something to suit your needs

buildmeabox
04-12-2011, 12:29 AM
Bassin Buick

Razor blade to get the dustcap off. soldering iron to solder the new leads in. and glue for the lead holes and to glue the dustcaps back into place. those are common dustaps so you may want to just buy new ones. Its very hard to remove them without causing visible damage.

I'm surprise the surrounds haven't fallen apart. Listen to this man, what do you have to loose? If it doesn't work replace it with something from partsexpress.com. Dust caps are available on the net run a search. If you decide to throw it away send it in my direction.