PDA

View Full Version : CDT cl-650fg vs Image Dynamics csx64

Matt6906
03-23-2011, 02:09 PM
The guy from woofersetc told me the components I was planning on getting (Image Dynamics ctx65cs) are on backorder.

He offered me either to get the CDT cl-650FG's for the same price I was buying for the ctx's, or to get the Image Dynamics CSX64's for only $80 more (originally $170 more).

Does anyone have any opinions on these sets? Is it worth upgrading? What about comparing each set to the CSX64s ?

budahbuddy803
03-23-2011, 02:18 PM
The CSX64s are pretty darn sweet. I am and have run cx62 mids for the past few years. I have an upgraded tweeter from the nx30 and run active, but I think it would be the best deal to go with the csx64s. Image Dynamics customer service is top of the line.

whitedragon551
03-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Id get the ID's. CDT from what Ive read at more reputable sites than this classify CDT as an over priced and cheap set. They rank right with $100 component sets where as ID is a great set for the money. If your budget is $170 and you dont want to spend the full $250 look at some Diamond Audio D662S. S if you prefer silk, A if you prefer an aluminum dome tweeter.

whitedragon551
03-23-2011, 02:21 PM
The CSX64s are pretty darn sweet. I am and have run cx62 mids for the past few years. I have an upgraded tweeter from the nx30 and run active, but I think it would be the best deal to go with the csx64s. Image Dynamics customer service is top of the line.

ID is going out of business. Their CS will be no more.

budahbuddy803
03-23-2011, 02:22 PM
ID is going out of business. Their CS will be no more.

Are they really?!?!?! OH NO!!! I better see if i can send in my mids for recones or replacements before they do all that

Matt6906
03-23-2011, 08:37 PM
ID isn't going out of business. They are switching ownership and apparently one of the previous owners was bitter about it and is starting rumors (at least thats what I heard).

Anyone else have any opinions on this? Has anyone else actually heard these models? I'm leaning towards the CSX's

whitedragon551
03-23-2011, 08:38 PM
ID isn't going out of business. They are switching ownership and apparently one of the previous owners was bitter about it and is starting rumors (at least thats what I heard).

Anyone else have any opinions on this? Has anyone else actually heard these models? I'm leaning towards the CSX's

Might as well go out of business. The two people who hold the company up are leaving. The remaining owner doesnt know anything about audio.

disturbed471985
03-24-2011, 08:01 AM

Eric and Matt the guys that created ID and made the company what they are have left the company. I hear it has to do with the other partners stealing money and are engaged in shady business practices. ID in my eyes is dead they are now owned by a bunch of nobodys that don't care about anything other than money.

ID will turn into the new usamps. Only 1/10th what they use to be. Sad but oh well Eric and Matt will start a new company and will again rise to the top.

JT1652
03-24-2011, 11:43 AM
The guy from woofersetc told me the components I was planning on getting (Image Dynamics ctx65cs) are on backorder.

He offered me either to get the CDT cl-650FG's for the same price I was buying for the ctx's, or to get the Image Dynamics CSX64's for only $80 more (originally $170 more).

Does anyone have any opinions on these sets? Is it worth upgrading? What about comparing each set to the CSX64s ?

I got the same call yesterday after ordering the same speakers. Seems like the ID set is the way to go.

Horsemanwill
03-27-2011, 12:23 PM

not once did Eric or Matt say ID was closing down. Eric only stated he was no longer with ID. They did not start no "rumors". it's the reaction that ppl had to him leaving is wat started the rumors.

with that said to the OP. what type of power do you plan on feeding the speakrs

trumpet
03-28-2011, 04:39 PM
CDT from what Ive read at more reputable sites than this classify CDT as an over priced and cheap set. They rank right with $100 component sets where as ID is a great set for the money.

From what I have used and sold, they design products that do what they say they can do and they back up their products with great customer service. Almost every time I have read about someone considering CDT Audio on this site they have mentioned discontinued or refurbished models. Look into current models, check out the promotional prices, and pay for the extended 5 year warranty. It's only $10 and it's available on any CDT Audio product. Prices on low- to mid-line speakers, subs, and amps have all been reduced over the last 5 months or so. They also offer trade-in discounts.

whitedragon551
03-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Sure a Boss speaker works like they say, but do they compare in SQ to other speakers in their price range. Heck no they dont. Customer service does jack squat if the speaker is over priced.

trumpet
03-28-2011, 04:55 PM
Have you heard or even seen CDT Audio speakers? You'll find the same bias against JL Audio and Alpine. Overpriced for what the products can do, but you can find plenty of praise about them too. It's the price you pay when you care about a well-engineered product. In regards to SQ compared to other products in their price range, you're talking about the most subjective of all comparisons.

whitedragon551
03-28-2011, 04:56 PM
Have you heard or even seen CDT Audio speakers? You'll find the same bias against JL Audio and Alpine. Overpriced for what the products can do, but you can find plenty of praise about them too. It's the price you pay when you care about a well-engineered product. In regards to SQ compared to other products in their price range, you're talking about the most subjective of all comparisons.

Klippel testing is not subjective.

trumpet
03-28-2011, 04:59 PM
The Klippel test itself is debatable because the products under testing usually are not destroyed in the process.

Twista89
04-18-2011, 09:21 PM
I was just offered the same deal and went with the csx64s. I hope that was a good choice...