PDA

View Full Version : Sq setup advice

hurley_srt
03-22-2011, 02:37 PM
Hello everyone,
i am new to this site and need some help putting my system together. Le tme start with what i have done thus far.my car is a custom 2009 dodge challenger srt-8 that i owered,custom painted and lambo'd the doors. I installed the current system and am planning on doing the next step myself also. I currently have the stock nav unit do to the appearence. I used a 3sixty.2 to start with and am running a jl 300/2 for the doors and deck and a 500/1 on the 10w7 in the trunk. I installed infinity perfects in the doors and deck. I also used lots and lots of sound deadener throughout the car. The problem is the sound leaves much to be desired. I am currently ripping the door panels apart to mold in two 6w3's and doubling my amp combo. I also am ready to go with a aftermarket hu for some sound upgrade. I still want the double din setup with nav but would like to run the components active 3way or 4way. Where should i start with hu's and dsp's? Thanks, guys and i will get some pics of the current setup soon i made a pretty killer enclosure for it.

whitedragon551
03-22-2011, 02:46 PM
For headunits you can look toward the Pioneer PRS800/PRS880. Only difference there is one is black, the other silver, and one has a copper chassis. You can also look at the Kenwood x993, x994, or x995 units. The Alpine CDA-9886 or 9887. And lastly the Eclipse CD7000, CD7100, or even the CD7200MKiii. The 7200 is a dead head unit meaning there is no internal amp so to hear your speakers its imperative that you have an external amp for them.

Any of those have time alignment, active capable with your crossovers and slopes, and 4v+ preouts. They are also readily available on the forums. The only ones you may have a hard time finding are the Pioneer's or the CD7200MKiii.

the727kid
03-24-2011, 12:55 PM
Check out the build for my Challenger... you don't need to tear up the doors for good mid bass. I use ID X69s that shred, and some neo magnet 8s will have no problems fitting. I think you need to look into other products for your speakers. I had Kappa Perfects in my first set up ever and they are nothing to be desired.

ramos
03-24-2011, 02:32 PM
What's your current setup lacking that your looking for ? :)

SPLAudioHz
03-24-2011, 02:36 PM
Not trying to hack, but I am very interested in hearing about that 3sixty.2. I am looking at the same processor, but do not know anyone who has ran it, just read semi-bias reviews.

ramos
03-24-2011, 03:35 PM
Not trying to hack, but I am very interested in hearing about that 3sixty.2. I am looking at the same processor, but do not know anyone who has ran it, just read semi-bias reviews.

Honestly if your interested in the 360 I would wait a couple months. Fosgate is releasing the 360.3 in july, with a feature list that rivals the ms8 and bit one :)

Rockford Fosgate® - 3SIXTY.3 (http://www.rockfordfosgate.com/products/product_details.asp?cat_id=1&series_id=49&family_id=50&item_id=117203&locale=en_US&p_status=)