PDA

View Full Version : Dynaudio......anyone used these before?

DJ FURY
02-09-2004, 12:36 PM
need opinions on these components...anyone ever use these of hear them?

paikiah
02-09-2004, 03:25 PM
oh yeah~ I've been using them for a bit.. i've known of their reputation for quite a while now.

They priduce some fantastic components, but as I begint o get used to them, I realise that a lot of poeple might not appreciate the mids and would be much happier with somethig that offers more midbass. Dynaudio is all on SQ and it does not get loud.

DJ FURY
02-09-2004, 04:28 PM
Yeah ill steer clear of those...i need some components that will play loud....any suggestions??

paikiah
02-09-2004, 04:30 PM
everyone's gone for the CDT CL61A's from thezeb.com..at $149.99, it's a steal...

DJ FURY
02-09-2004, 04:32 PM
Do u know if they play loud?

paikiah
02-09-2004, 09:28 PM
They SHOULD play loud.

One another note, seeing that you were looking at dyns, it must mean your budget is over $400... at that price, you can get a LOT of diff component options that will play LOUd and clear.

DJ FURY
02-10-2004, 03:17 PM
U have any suggestions on comps that will play loud and clear then paikiah?im up for any opinions on components that u might have.

paikiah
02-10-2004, 08:58 PM
U have any suggestions on comps that will play loud and clear then paikiah?im up for any opinions on components that u might have.
Well, check the following places:

www.stereointegrity.com (http://www.stereointegrity.com) (the 307's are supposed to be awesome)

www.reaudio.com (http://www.reaudio.com) (their new comps are due out on april)

If you know how to build crossovers, then I suggest you try using scanspeak or vifa midbass, they are supposed to give satisfying bass.

SilverSpec2002
02-10-2004, 09:25 PM
I don't know just how loud you want these speakers to get, but I was very impressed with the dyn's that I heard. They have plenty of midbass with the 7" driver and a silky smooth tweeter. I enjoy the sound of them more than my focal 165w's.

If you are in houston, go listen to them at Custom Car Stereo off of 59.

helotaxi
02-10-2004, 10:08 PM
With a proper crossover setting, most any good set of speakers will get louder than you can handle without distorting audibly. On some set, the tweeter might beign to scream a bit (some higher end ones use a lightbulb in the crossover to compensate for this; as the bulb gets more power it gets brighter and hotter and its resistance increases, taking power away from the tweet). A large-ish dedicated midbass (6.5" or preferrably larger) getting the crap powered out of it will help the mids get louder by allowing you to raise the crossover freq of the mids and dump more power into them before they start to approach their mechanical limits. Another consideration is having enough power on tap to get as loud as you want and still have plenty of amp power left. If you are taxing your amp and clipping it to approach the volume you want: 1) you are either deaf or soon will be, 2) you need a bigger amp, 3) you will soon be replacing your components. You also need speakers that can handle the power you are throwing their way without breaking a sweat both with respect to voicecoil heat and physical limitations. Crossovers play a huge role in this both for the mid and the tweet. It would seem as mentioned above that you have some money to spend. Get a dedicated midbass and a set of good components and go with a 3-way system. If you can get another amp to power the midbass, even better.

Shugarra
02-12-2004, 01:05 AM
I've got a pair of rs tec 165's and dang are they nice speakers. They are definitely pricey but they will get extremely loud and sound incredible all the while.

Check out www.rs-audio.de for specs and see if there is a dealer near you. You can also talk to Scott Buwalda (?) on the carsound forums and he can help ya out.

By the way, don't let the power ratings scare ya. I've got 200 rms going to each side and the local distributor has at least 360 rms going to each side (2 zapco 500m's) with absolutely no problems.

Bill T.
02-12-2004, 01:41 AM
My CDT cL-6a's sound awesome. They do get very loud but I would quickly turn down the tweeter to -3db as they get overly bright.

Bill T.