PDA

View Full Version : New HU gets sound for 2 seconds then nothing

fox_forma
03-12-2011, 08:43 PM
I just put a kenwood BT945u to see if I would like it along with the BT. I have a 2003 Silverado with premium bose so I have the adapter needed. I had a Avic D3 hooked up untill yesterday when i sold it so putting this unit in should of been a snap. Throw it all together, hook the battery back up and the HU powers on. My door chimes are working but I get nothing from the HU. I shut my truck off and start it back up and I get music for like two seconds then it goes quiet again. The adapter is the Axxess GMOS-04 and I have no idea why I will get a short taste of music then it stops. I thought maybe the adapter couldn't handle the 4v preamp but now I'm just not sure since I do get sound for a short period of time upon start up. Its not loud or crackling or anything. Does this sound like bad RCA's or would this in fact be the axxess harness? Am I missing a setting somewhere within the HU I need to change since I have to connect directly to the rear RCA's?

whitedragon551
03-12-2011, 09:35 PM
Check your harness wiring. Sounds like a lose wire or improper connection in the harness somewhere.

fox_forma
03-12-2011, 10:21 PM
Well after 4hrs of toying with this thing I got it working. Apparently the RCA's on the harness needed to be back off a little bit on the RCA outputs on the HU. Not sure why as I tried that but I just went through it all again and hooked it back up with the RCA's pressed on but not all the way in and seated and its working fine now.