PDA

View Full Version : JL Audio XR650-CSI

sacsking916
03-12-2011, 02:45 PM
anyone ever used them? or heard them? any input on them by chance? i have a set of these lying around that i got a couple years back. im looking for a good front stage component set (6.5 go figure). and since i had these lying around was considering using them. but never heard them in person so wanted to get some info on them

link to jl audio site about them
JL Audio XR650-CSi Evolution Car Audio Speakers (http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_components.php?comp_id=120)

any input is appreciated

sacsking916
03-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Anyone?

Bass911
03-14-2011, 10:39 PM
I know a few that like them, but they don't impress me at all. I think they're overrated! I don't know how loud your Solo X is, but the xover seems to stop the Xr's from getting real loud. Some people think they are real loud. It's all opinion I guess? I've sat in about 3 maybe 4 cars with the Xr's, and every time the bass drowned them out. The owner thought the Xr's were keeping up just fine. I don't understand why so many people think that one component set can keep up with a lot of subwoofer cone area? I run at least 2 comps sets for front stage. I think you'd like the Boston comps better.

sacsking916
03-14-2011, 11:58 PM
Yeah I was originally going to get a set of Boston comps. I just love how clear Boston sound is. I found them in a box I had an figured I'd ask. I've seen some cheaper Hertz components on eBay. Hsk-165 is the number. I know the saying you get what you pay for but I'm on a budget for my front stage at the moment

Bass911
03-15-2011, 12:25 AM
What is your budget?