PDA

View Full Version : 1978 Chevy C10 Truck, I'll pay half shipping...

ace_800
03-07-2011, 03:12 AM
Item(s) for Sale:
1978 Chevy C10 Shortbed Truck

Truck is in Tucson, AZ where I am stationed

Item(s) Description/Condition:
Selling an good running all black 78 Chevy C10 shortbed. Its a 4 speed Saginaw Muncie SM465 manual trans. Has the original 350 that was rebuilt about 3 years ago. It has a Holley 650 carb, small cam, high rise air intake, headers msd ingition, 2 gas tanks but the drivers side need to be hooked up again. It has two flowmaster exhausts that come out the side, this beast is pretty loud. Engine doesn't leak at all. The front end has drop springs installed about a 3" drop, not sure on the brand. There is very little rust, none in the bed. I've only found 2 small quarter rust through the floor board on the drivers side, easy fix with a piece of sheet metal and a welder. I just haven't had time and am deployed.

Has a CD player and speakers in it that work. The dash and doors were starting to get worked on but I decided that I would rather fiberglass them and stopped. They are covered with a fabric and are not that bad looking. The tires have a good amount of tread left on them. The bed door has been shaved and the rear lights are blacked out. The hood scoop was fiberglassed on and the hood was cut, apparently it was too much air getting through and part of the hood was welded back on. Has a Hurst shifter, all the lights work. I have 2 sets of seats as well, bucket seats that were getting reupholstered soon so they have a set of light blue seats in it at the moment from a blazer or something.

The issue I've noticed with it since I've had it for about a month. Going past 45 makes it surge like its out of fuel. I've replaced all the ignition parts so its not an ignition issue. I believe it is the sock in the fuel tank being balled up. The fuel lines are good and the filter has been replaced. could be the carb needing rebuilt too. I might be able to get the carb rebuilt before shipping it....maybe. I just don't have the time or tools to drop the tank to get to the sock. The lights work, but there is a short cause when you turn on the headlights the gauges loose power. No A/C, the parts aren't even there. Glovebox is loose. Runs great besides that, clutch feels good, not loose or anything.

I'm taking a loss on this but I need to finish out my GTO first.

Price:
2600 shipped!!!!! I might be flexable with a small trade and cash. Looking for 2 8's for the new ride in Aug.

Shipping and Miscellaneous Item Information:
Shipping will depend on your state and depending on our agreement will be paid by both parties or just one. Will be trailer'd to your house directly.

Item Pictures:
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h301/xconcepts/truckfront.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h301/xconcepts/truckside.jpg

Slayerx
03-07-2011, 03:28 AM
man if only I didnt live in cali or this was '75 or older I'd definitely be interested. Nice truck.
Glws

ace_800
03-07-2011, 08:44 AM
78's better than the 75's:)
Whats wrong with owning this in Cali?

nateberrier
03-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Looks like my 76 :)

stangman67
03-07-2011, 09:41 AM
700r4 is not a manual trans though. Must be something else

ace_800
03-07-2011, 09:56 AM
sry, corrected trans.....buy me....

Louisiana_CRX
03-07-2011, 10:33 AM
man if only I didnt live in cali or this was '75 or older I'd definitely be interested. Nice truck.
Glws

73-78 are the same style body...interior and exterior are pretty much the same....this body style was basically unchanged till the 80's.....somewhere in there i think 81 they got rectangle headlights....72 and older had a diffrent body style..

ace_800
03-07-2011, 11:24 PM
bump for offers

Rich B
03-07-2011, 11:30 PM
78's better than the 75's:)
Whats wrong with owning this in Cali?

1975 and older are exempt from California's strict smog laws.

Free bump, thats a really nice truck.

ace_800
03-08-2011, 12:37 AM
Stupid smog law...truck will pass in Cali thou I can guarantee it.

ace_800
03-08-2011, 07:33 AM
morning bump for offers.

ace_800
03-08-2011, 11:12 PM
$2800 shipped!!!!

Cabin_Pressure
03-08-2011, 11:21 PM
Stupid smog law...truck will pass in Cali thou I can guarantee it.

How? When was the last "passed" smog test on this truck? Where is the truck now?

psychoacoustics
03-08-2011, 11:33 PM
ok i might have missed this but is it in afghanastan? cali? i dont see a location mentioned

ace_800
03-08-2011, 11:46 PM
Sorry truck is in AZ.

This is what I was told by a smog place I called
"Just have all the stock parts on it and have it tuned up and running good(no dead cylinders). If its an out of state truck they will have you take it to a Referee to verify its all intact and they will pass you."

Truck was just tuned in Jan. New plugs, cap, rotor, filters, oil change, all the ignition parts. She doesn't spit fumes or smoke. No leaks.

cheeseburger35
03-09-2011, 02:07 AM
Sorry truck is in AZ.

This is what I was told by a smog place I called
"Just have all the stock parts on it and have it tuned up and running good(no dead cylinders). If its an out of state truck they will have you take it to a Referee to verify its all intact and they will pass you."

Truck was just tuned in Jan. New plugs, cap, rotor, filters, oil change, all the ignition parts. She doesn't spit fumes or smoke. No leaks.

your truck is carburetor'ed and has no cats i can guarantee it will not pass smog in cali ..

Slayerx
03-09-2011, 02:25 AM
your truck is carburetor'ed and has no cats i can guarantee it will not pass smog in cali ..

I'm sure it would be possible to get it to pass, but most likely not the way it sits now.
Plus if I were to buy a truck like that, with what I would wanna do to it, it definitely wouldnt pass lol

ace_800
03-09-2011, 02:28 AM
Well then ****, I'm just trying to get it gone...I still think it would pass, but my offer still stands 2800 shipped...

ace_800
03-09-2011, 08:36 AM
morning bump

ace_800
03-10-2011, 01:15 AM
price drop bump

ace_800
03-10-2011, 01:53 PM
bump

ace_800
03-11-2011, 01:49 PM
bump for a good price

gmctrucks
03-12-2011, 12:52 AM
Im not saying this is a scam but my daughter lives in San Antonio and some girl she knows read a posting on craigs and some truck that was in Arizona and the owner was over sea's wrote it would be delieved as well and it turned out after this poor girl sent the money she got screwed again im not saying this is like the other truck. On another forum im on some member read in two different states a same story about a truck being sold because some guy was over sea's and the truck needed to be sold well it was a scam. My step daughter found on craislist some person was selling a Land Rover and it would be sent to one's door after they got the money well I wrote the person saying I was the uncle and I wanted to see the truck I lived in that town the seller never wrote my step daughter or me, so I wrote a letter two months later acting as other buyer but he came up with excuses that I couldn't see the truck. Again I write im not saying this is a scam I just want you members to see how mean some people can be. I know this member has been on here for a long while I hope he sells the truck it looks nice and shipping can cost a lot and he's helping one out with that.
Good luck! RJ

ace_800
03-12-2011, 02:29 AM
Dude this ain't a **** scam, here are some other pics of the truck my wife took. Yes its in AZ and I'm deployed to Afghan atm. Next time before you post dump why don't you ask questions shithead

http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h301/xconcepts/NewImage2.jpg
http://i67.photobucket.com/albums/h301/xconcepts/NewImage1.jpg

gmctrucks
03-12-2011, 06:27 PM
Settle down little boy take your time and read what I wrote down. All I wrote down was facts and don't call people names if you don't know them think hard about it. Being a bad boy is wrong shame on you. Be careful over there if your in the arm forces and may god protect all you guys.

ace_800
03-13-2011, 04:31 AM
LOL at the little boy remark, you talk about not calling people names you don't know, but you postdumped someone you didn't know shhit about. You posted a fact about 1 truck, that doesn't look like this one btw, being a scam. You could have said do you have any other pics??

Thanks for fuckin up the thread.

gmctrucks
03-14-2011, 05:22 PM
You win I give up and thanks it was no problem. Take care over there your in my prayers.