PDA

View Full Version : MB Quart RSD213

hpaco
02-08-2004, 12:27 PM
I want to run this components with a Power Acoustik LT964 rated at 100Wx4@4ohms. The specs of the MBīs are:

-MBQUART RSD213 5.25" 2 Way Reference
-Power Range: 40-100 watts, -Tweeter 1" (25mm) REFERENCE Neo Tweeter
-RWC 130 Midrange 5.25" (130mm) TX-3 Midrange Driver

but I dont know if it is 40W RMS and 100WPeak,would be to much power running them with 100W????

hpaco
02-09-2004, 10:01 PM
anybody???

brandont
02-10-2004, 01:09 AM
You can run those with no problems, just don't crank the gains. I've had 120w to my stock dual cones for two years (I was between components at the time). As long as you have a good crossover (not the passive one, but the high pass one on the amp or deck) you should be fine. I had my dual-cones at no less than 78hz......NO PROBLEMS. You have some good speakers, don't worry. Tell me the rest of your system....

Alpine CDA-9815
02-10-2004, 02:44 AM
Yeah it sould be fine using that amp. Power Acoustic I believe overrates their power ratings anyways. So if it says 100 @ 4 ohms you'll proably be lucky to see 50-70.

hpaco
02-10-2004, 11:15 PM
You can run those with no problems, just don't crank the gains. I've had 120w to my stock dual cones for two years (I was between components at the time). As long as you have a good crossover (not the passive one, but the high pass one on the amp or deck) you should be fine. I had my dual-cones at no less than 78hz......NO PROBLEMS. You have some good speakers, don't worry. Tell me the rest of your system....

well... at this time this is my system, hehehe. Itīs a Renault Megane II Sedan but Iīm going to have it next weekend (red flame). I heard the sound and was really bad so i decided to upgrade it as soon as i have it. I didnīt order the rear speakers because nobody knows the size some says 4" some 5" so I better wait to have it and then i will decide:

1 change the rear speakers for some MB Quart or infinity coaxial's or
2 put a subwoofer in the trunk sending the another 200W and run the rear speakers with the HU.

Also Iīm not going to change the stock HU soon because I dont want to lose the stering wheel crontrols and the center display. so Iīm not going to change until an interface to run these comes. (the model is new, September in europe and last week in mexico)

Ohhh another question, to improve the sound quality would be helpfull using an equalizer??? (until I change the HU) =)