PDA

View Full Version : Need Components for 2000 SSEi Bonneville.. For around $300

hzsogood
02-27-2011, 11:58 PM
Throw out all suggestions.. The factory speakers in there **** , so Im gonna swap out for a nice set of components then leave the rear doors and deck lid stock, and more than likely amp the components... I honestly have no Idea what size they are, but all suggestions are welcomed

They can be less than 300.. $300 is MAX.. I dont wanna go all out, nor do I wanna replace old garbage, with new garbage , $200 ish would be Ideal

No cutting or custom stuff. This is my summer car I'm slowly modding the motor on. I just threw a jvc double din in it last fall and want a nice set of comps up front. I will have a dc lvl 3 12 inthe trunk powered off my Memphis mc1000d @ 2 ohm which is 700 rms. It has leather non fold down seats so if I hit mid 30s I'd be impressed. I'm trying to figure out how or whT I wanna do with the box now and will build that next week as well as throw in the amp kit and run rcas.

So bottom line. Just a good set. But I don't know what size they are.

whitedragon551
02-28-2011, 12:08 AM
I assume without Bose?

Fronts are 6 1/2" if you dont have Bose.

hzsogood
02-28-2011, 12:10 AM
Honestly man.. I dont know... It doesnt SAY bose, BUT I thought all 2000 SSEi's had bose .. I think it might be actually.. I think the front doors , rear doors and deck lid are all different sizes

whitedragon551
02-28-2011, 12:11 AM
Then they are something weird like 5x7 and a 4" up front.

hzsogood
02-28-2011, 12:15 AM
Oh and also... I could give a **** less about mid bass, as Im not going SQ comps with the thing.. What ever bass I need the DC will take care of.. As long as the mid driver is good with a clean crisp tweet, Ill be happy..