PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

Heeltoeclutch
02-24-2011, 09:49 AM
Review of Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

Price at time of review: ~$400
Specs! (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_32828_Pioneer-AVH-P4300DVD.html)

I bought this after getting a 7" Power Acoustik that was, despite good reviews, akin to polished excrement. There were so many things bugging me that I decided to return it and go with something reputable. HOLY ***** am I glad I did!

I love this thing so much. The fit is perfect and the tolerances are amazing- when I first mounted it in the kit I thought - "There's no way it's going to open- it's gonna hit the top/bottom" but it does not. Amazing thing works perfectly and looks so clean.

I plan to continually add to this review as I play with it more and more. Here are some things I love about it:

SD Card/USB slots+Aux. jack

...are hidden behind the screen and on the back of the HU. My old Power Acoustik had the USB on the front and looked bleh. This looks so clean, even if you have a flash drive/SD card in you'd never guess, as you can route the USB cord to glovebox/center console/wherever.

Video Playback

...is, so far, vastly superior to the Power Acoustik, which used to get the audio and video out of sync alarmingly often. I have had no such issues yet with the Pioneer. Also, the Power Acoustik had a higher resolution than the Pioneer, and I was worried about feeling like I downgraded, but the resolution is in fact quite good - no complaints. BTW, it DOES play avi files, despite it not being mentioned anywhere. I would've raged if it didn't. I used a relay for the parking brake bypass - it was very simple and has worked flawlessly. You can use a relay or a switch - with the relay you just wire it up and forget about it. With the switch, every time you want to watch a video while driving, you must flip the switch on/off twice. I have made a diagram for how to wire the relay at the end of this review.

UI

This is perhaps what I love the most about this HU - it is so effortless to navigate. The buttons on the bottom for commonly-used things (Menu, Mode, Source, Volume, Mute, Eject, etc.) make it easy to quickly change settings, tweak the awesome 8-band EQ, adjust volume... these were tedious chores on the Power Acoustik. It is extremely intuitive, and you can easily change the background to your own pics and set the button illumination to the color of your choosing.

iPod Interface

This HU's iPod interface really is incredible. It requires you to buy an extra cable (I bought this (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_27197_Hyper-PIO50V-IP.html) because it's $15 cheaper than the Pioneer version) but it is definitely worth it IMHO. Yes it eats the AUX and USB, but dayum it charges the iPod and you can access everything from the HU - playlists, artists, albums, genres, blah blah... it even displays the album art when playing! :D I have it set up so that the iPod sits in my glovebox and chills and charges in there. The HU also has an "app" feature... haven't fully explored that but should be interesting.

The thing does not have octupus connectors in the back for RCAs, etc. (they're just plugs on the back - no little leads). However, I am very happy with the 3 sets of 4V pre-outs and the myriad of other connectors on the back- this HU allows for a great deal of expansion. I bought the iPod cord that plugs into the USB and aux. jack and allows control of the iPod. I am going to test this later today, as I used the SD card on the way to work this morning. You can buy the bluetooth adapter (which I've read is meh), HD radio, navigation, and sat. radio with different bits from Pioneer. The badassery that caught my eye about this HU's iPod interface is that it charges the iPod whilst communicating with it. Brownie points for Pioneer.

The instant you load an SD card, 0.03 seconds later it starts playing the first song on there. I thought that was b/a. And I love the way it displays the information about the song - different titles for artist, song, and album. Also, this HU plays AAC files, which the Power Acoustik couldn't and was MAJOR FAIL!! So woot for Pioneer. It is extremely easy to navigate through your folders and files on the SD card, which I will be using for most of my media. I am toying with the idea of using an external with the USB port, as I read that someone had succesfully done it on the previous model (4200DVD). However if anyone tries to do this, make sure the HDD is formatted as FAT32. I don't believe it will recognize NTFS. :thumbsup:

My setup as of this morning is:

Said Pioneer HU
Stock speakers (not terrible)
Blaupunkt THb-200A active sub

The Power Acoustik made my stock speakers sound WORSE than through my stock HU (which was made by Clarion). I thought it was because of Subaru's silly external EQ which I'm not sure they still use now. However the Pioneer makes everything sound better. The speakers sound better than stock - more defined and greater clarity. The sub sounds more accurate than it did through the Power Acoustik (which also had 4V pre-outs). Apparently in the premium system, Subaru put speakers in with cones made of a Kevlar blend, and I gotta say they sound decent through HU power.

Small update: A few nights ago I installed my Zed-built CR-150 for my front speakers, and HOLY OMGOODNESS. Through the stock speakers, the sound is pretty impressive. The highs are unbelievably clear and not harsh, everything just sounds very good. The stock speakers are rated for 40 RMS and are getting "75" (but I'm sure is more than that) from the amp, and as such frequencies below 50-ish hz cause the speakers to distort a bit even with the gain turned all the way down. So I turned on the 50 hz HPF on the HU. :) Will do until I get my components in. The HU drives the amp very very well; I'm very happy with everything.

So, yeah, so far I've been blown away by this HU. My only gripes so far are below:

- One USB port - which the iPod cable takes! :eyebrow: I'm going to try and get a splitter or hub so I can use a flash drive and the iPod cord.
- No faceplate security. Which I understand as this is a **** Double DIN 7", but wah. I live in a high-crime rate area for half of the year, and now I must rip apart an old DD OEM HU and make a fake faceplate. Which should prove exciting. :D
- HD Video playback - I read that the 4200 did not like 720p or 1080p. I am going to try and test this tonight and see if this one doesn't mind it.

I will try to post pics up when I get home tonight. I really am amazed at how close the tolerances are and how excellent the fit is. I hope this review helps someone out - if anyone has questions about it they can PM me or post in this thread (I think that's allowed - ?). I would recommend it without a second thought to anyone who can afford it. Well worth the money. Here are some pics:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s305/lavalamp117/Scooby%20Stuff/IMG_0194.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s305/lavalamp117/Scooby%20Stuff/IMG_0193.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s305/lavalamp117/Scooby%20Stuff/IMG_0200.jpg

And here is a diagram I made for how to do the parking brake bypass:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s305/lavalamp117/Scooby%20Stuff/Pioneerparkingbrakebypassjp.jpg

Hope that helps :)

nateberrier
02-24-2011, 10:30 AM
AWWWwwww YEEEEAAAAA.

I just grabbed the AVH-P4200DVD for 350 on amazon, basically the same deck. I have downloaded a few movies, tossed them on a flash drive, and they all play no problem. The ipod searching is great. Just like youre on the ipod, you can also do link searches that allow you to pull up other songs on the current album or by the current artist or from the current genre.

The internal amp seems to be quite the beast too, it really lights up my speakers in the Fit. Hasnt distorted on my as loud as I play it either.

I love that you can change the colors of the buttons, turn the screen off while driving, add your own background, and change the color scheme of the deck.

I bought it because of the EQ and being a nice Double Din for the price. I would recommend this to anyone. 8band eq btw ftmfw.

Also basically all the stuff that he said above. I wanna see the ghetto face plate btw.

Heeltoeclutch
02-24-2011, 10:43 AM
Haha yeah should be fun :D so you got the Fit already? I rode in my dad's back in cali the other day and was reminded how thin the doors are... Speakers should be interesting. :)

nateberrier
02-24-2011, 11:31 AM
The doors are pretty weak but I have like 20 sq feet of audio wrap in the garage for when it gets warm out. Its just as loud outside as it is inside haha. The stock setup actually sounds halfway good after some EQ too. Tons of midbass, Also the door speakers are Neo drivers ftmfw.

I got the fit like 2-3 weeks ago I cant really remember haha, but I had the dash kit and stereo ordered not even a week after I had the thing.

People can hate all they want, but for a 1.5 liter its damned peppy. It takes corners reallllly well too, This would eat my old Pontiac G5 alive for sure. I cant say I have any gripes at all about it. Best car Ive owned. Im really glad I didnt go with the AT Civic. For 15000 bucks the Honda Fit Sport is definitely the best car in its class. Retarded amounts of space too. I mean im 6-4 and there is a good 6 inches of head room and plenty of leg room in the back after I put my seat where I want it. My 6 cube 18 box will fit in it with the back seats up too HEHEHEHEHEHEHEH. Also the alt is right out where you can get to it :)

Pics of Deck installed.
http://a8.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/181712_1667951011560_1020847011_31413594_5765969_n .jpghttp://
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/180977_1667944691402_1020847011_31413579_3227422_n .jpghttp://
http://a4.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/182780_1667940851306_1020847011_31413577_6981946_n .jpghttp://

Heeltoeclutch
02-24-2011, 11:36 AM
Very nice :) Yeah that thing is ourageously huge inside. I could probably fit my WRX in it :laugh: Plus i've watched it get 44 mpg regularly. very jealous of that.

nateberrier
02-24-2011, 11:39 AM
I drive the crap out of it and still get better mpgs than I did in the Pontiac. I mean that engine sees 5k before I shift 80% of the time lols.

Heeltoeclutch
02-24-2011, 11:40 AM
That's how Hondas were meant to be driven :laugh: tiny engine that revs to 17k. I test drove an S2000 a month or so ago; not as fast as the rex but the 8k redline was fun :D

nateberrier
02-24-2011, 11:54 AM
Idk I see a long lasting bond between myself and this here Fit. The best part is it looks like Im getting groceries to cops leave me alone and dbags remember they are driving a cavalier.

S2000 is fun, Around here everyone has early 90s civic hatches though haha. I test drove a rex and I fell in love but my insurance payment would be more than the car payment. :(

Heeltoeclutch
02-24-2011, 12:10 PM
I bought a 1990 Civic hatch when I was 16. having that car brought our collective insurance DOWN. :laugh: Tiny thing.

At some point in time, years down the line I'd like to have a Fit as a DD and make it into an audio monster. The Michiganians can hate on the cute little japanese car... and then get their ears blown apart :laugh:

sangerdude
02-26-2011, 01:50 AM
Does this HU work with iphones?

Heeltoeclutch
02-28-2011, 02:00 AM
Does this HU work with iphones?

Indeed it does. On the 4300 you can stream Pandora to the HU through bluetooth and use the ipod interface, which I tested and just edited the original post to include :)

xX J Brutal Xx
02-28-2011, 07:26 AM
just installed mine a couple days ago. Liking it so far. haven't even scratched the surface of what this this is capable of yet.

alsa2009
03-03-2011, 02:41 AM
do you have to cut the little fuse off the end of the parking brake wire or do you leave it on

Heeltoeclutch
03-03-2011, 12:15 PM
On the end of mine was a quick splice to make it easy to tap into the parking brake wire; I cut it off so I could do the bypass. :)

sobe3yourself.
03-03-2011, 12:46 PM
ive got that same HU in my turck. it looks sexxy! and i love how user friendly it is

nash04
03-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Just installed it today and noticed that it can not play music video from my ITouch 3rd gen but will play music video from my Nano 3rd Gen. Have you guys had this issue?

TheArchitect
03-05-2011, 08:08 PM
I have the same deck, got myself the bypass module off ebay for like 10 bucks and worked like a charm, the only thing that truly bothers me about this deck is there no scrolling of text if a song/artist/whatever is too long, it just cuts it off.

nash04
03-05-2011, 08:37 PM
This is what I'm using and like I stated earlier, works great with my Nano but not my ITouch 3rd gen. That was one of the main reason why I bought this since my ITouch has more music videos then the Nano. Perhaps the HU needs a firmware upgrade, waiting to hear back from Pioneer.

Heeltoeclutch
03-06-2011, 02:48 AM
Hrmm... I have the ipod touch 1st gen I think and that works fine--good luck on the 3rd gen. I hope Pioneer gets back to you soon. Let us know what happens :)

nash04
03-06-2011, 10:09 AM
After doing some research, found out that ITouch 3rd gen will work as long as its version is 4.0 or below where mine is at 4.2, hopefully Pioneer will have a firmware upgrade for it but I'm not going to hold my breath, lol!

nash04
03-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Was able to figure it out, where I can control/view my video library of my Nano thru the the radio, it's the opposite with the ITouch, need to select APP on the radio then browse thru the device to play the videos. It's a little more work but it does work.

Heeltoeclutch
03-07-2011, 08:52 AM
Ahhhh okay. I misunderstood then, I've been wondering what the App feature does. Glad to hear it worked out :)

nateberrier
03-07-2011, 10:22 AM
I read somewhere that you can scroll the text by pressing and holding on the text for 2 seconds, havent tried it yet though

Heeltoeclutch
03-07-2011, 10:23 AM
Hrm I'll try that on the way to work today.

nate- you have the 4300 now? says your sig?

nateberrier
03-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Hrm I'll try that on the way to work today.

nate- you have the 4300 now? says your sig?

I put that in there a long time ago, I need to update it lols. I called pioneer, the only difference between the 4300 and 4200 really is slight cosmetics, pandora, and a remote. Just a :fyi: to you all.

Heeltoeclutch
03-07-2011, 10:31 AM
I watched/listened to Atlantis - The Lost Empire on the way to work today :laugh: It looked HD-ish and the 4300 handled it perfectly. Looked amazing. The resolution they list... it looks like thrice that. :) I like this thing more every day.

nateberrier
03-07-2011, 10:32 AM
I watched/listened to Atlantis - The Lost Empire today on the way to work today :laugh: It looked HD-ish and the 4300 handled it perfectly. Looked amazing. The resolution they list... it looks like thrice that. :) I like this thing more every day.

Definitely takes just about anything like a champ. I torrent movies and video clips all the time. So far any of them that I just drop on a flash drive play.

Heeltoeclutch
03-07-2011, 10:35 AM
Have you noticed a sound quality difference between the iPod and SD card/flash drive? I certainly have-

(you do have the optional iPod cord, right?)

nash04
03-07-2011, 07:35 PM
I've tried both of them and did noticed the SD card is not as good as the IPod but still good enough, one thing bad about the IPod, once you're done driving, you need to disconnect it or else it ***** the juice out of the battery, well that's what Pionner are saying.

xX J Brutal Xx
03-07-2011, 08:07 PM
i really need to get me a 32GB SD card. so i can pretty much retire my CD's. I should get two, one for movies and one for music. make my drives to NY much better.

anyone know if you can use your own wallpaper and how?

nateberrier
03-07-2011, 08:15 PM
I just have the regular ipod sync cable. i run flash drives, never tried the sd card lol.

i only notice a drop in sq with the xm but thats nothing new

Heeltoeclutch
03-07-2011, 08:20 PM
You run the regular iPod USB cable and it allows all the control from the HU?

nash04
03-07-2011, 09:08 PM
That's what I wanted to do but when I tried my ITunes music videos and movie of the SD, it would just skip them, how can we view our videos/movies of a SD card if ITunes blocks them.

Heeltoeclutch
03-07-2011, 09:18 PM
Hrm I haven't tried music videos off of SD card. I will try that soon.

rbtrucking
03-11-2011, 08:04 PM
Hey I just got this headunit today and installed it, and I love it but I have 2 questions about it. 1 Why does my usb thumb drive go sooo slow? It takes about 15 seconds for it to read when i first turn the headunit on. This same drive was insanely fast with my old headunit, Pioneer deh-p4200ub. (great headunit just wanted an upgrade). My other question is why does it only show album art when you are using an ipod?

nash04
03-11-2011, 08:13 PM
Sounds like either your USB port or cable is defective, have you tried to connect your drive directly to the port? I haven't had any issues with mine and do see all the info from my IPod/ITouch. Might just need a firmware update but good luck getting in touch with Pioneer, sent them an email a week ago and haven't heard back from them as of yet!! Pretty sad customer service

rbtrucking
03-11-2011, 08:21 PM
It does show all the info and run flawlessly when hooked up to my ipod touch, what im saying is when I hook it up to my usb thumb drive it is slow and doesnt show any album art.

nash04
03-11-2011, 08:32 PM
Ok! With that info then is can be the drive itself since your ITouch is working fine. It was slow(10-15 sec) to react when I used my SD card so it can be the radio itself.

rbtrucking
03-11-2011, 09:05 PM
So when you use a thumb drive or sd card does it show album art or is that something it only does with the ipod?

rbtrucking
03-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Anyone?

TheArchitect
03-11-2011, 10:43 PM
I tried the 2 second hold for scrolling text thing with no luck, I was on the phone with the Pioneer tech support and the guy said they discontinued scrolling text on everything after the P4100DVD, pretty sh i tty really.

pickup1
03-14-2011, 08:46 AM
Does the remote control everything on these...wonder if it would work with my 4200?

Heeltoeclutch
03-14-2011, 09:03 AM
Mmkay-

rbtrucking: As far as I know, it will only display album art when being used with the iPod. It needs to read a JPEG file of the album art to display it, and I'm guessing that's not even on your flash drive... I suppose you could try putting it into the same folder but I doubt the HU would know how to reference it.

Also, my flash drive is EXTREMELY slow to read, but I'm pretty sure that is because all the music I own is on it and there are like 122 folders or something. My gf has the EXACT same flash drive (we bought them at the same time) and yesterday hers was reading probably 15 times faster than mine, and hers had A LOT less stuff on it (just a few movies for watching on the way back from NY) The SD card on mine is unbelievably fast and is like 12 GB full right now.

pickup1: The remote does not do everything... It controls basic functions while in play and stuff. I will experiment with it more on the way home from work this evening and let you know :)

And I am now using the sync cable instead of the optional iPod cable. YAY my USB and AUX ports are now free! :D Thank you Mr. Nate.

rbtrucking
03-15-2011, 10:17 PM
Does anyone know how to display photos on the headunit? I tried putting some jpegs on a sd card and they dont show up. I tried putting them in a folder called pictures, then I tried putting it loose neither worked. Any ideas?

Heeltoeclutch
03-15-2011, 10:19 PM
I haven't tried this, but I've been meaning to for forever. I know you can change your background and I believe make a slideshow? Not 100% on that one. I will try to do it as soon as possible.

And I will post a pic of the remote tomorrow pickup1 :thumbsup:

nash04
03-15-2011, 11:37 PM
on page 26 of the owner's manual it states on how to view your jpeg as a slide show. Too many instructions steps and pictures to elaborate here but you can view them.

Heeltoeclutch
03-16-2011, 12:02 AM
Thanks nash- that thing is impossible to look through. They should've given the manual a UI as awesome as the HU :p:

nash04
03-16-2011, 12:07 AM
I went onto their web site and downloaded the pdf file which is must easier to read and as for the background swap, if you have some jpeg and are being viewed, you can capture 1 jpeg and set it up as your background but you can only do 1 at a time.

rbtrucking
03-16-2011, 02:11 PM
Ya I got it thanks everyone.

Heeltoeclutch
03-21-2011, 02:02 AM
So, nate, I finally got around to making this. I got a Double DIN stock HU from an 02-03 WRX locally for 20 bucks and started ripping it apart.

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s305/lavalamp117/Scooby%20Stuff/IMG_0221.jpg

Gutting the stock faceplate:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s305/lavalamp117/Scooby%20Stuff/IMG_0225.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s305/lavalamp117/Scooby%20Stuff/IMG_0233.jpg

Woohoo finished!
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s305/lavalamp117/Scooby%20Stuff/IMG_0260.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s305/lavalamp117/Scooby%20Stuff/IMG_0257.jpg

In the car:
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s305/lavalamp117/Scooby%20Stuff/IMG_0274.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s305/lavalamp117/Scooby%20Stuff/IMG_0275.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s305/lavalamp117/Scooby%20Stuff/IMG_0271.jpg

Will probably do some more refinement later, but works for now.

JTC1120
03-25-2011, 04:17 PM
Hey guys, I did some googling and came across this thread. Thank you to Heel for posting a thorough review of the unit.

I'm considering installing a unit like this in to my 2011 Corolla but I was wondering a couple things...

First off, I see that this head unit is bluetooth capable, but it doesn't seem to be ready out of the box. One of the things I really like about my stock stereo unit that i have in my Corolla right now is the ability to stream music from my iPhone 4 directly to my stereo via bluetooth. I also have the option to play it via USB.

What I was wondering is, does the head unit, as is out of the box, allow you to stream music via bluetooth from your phone, or will you need to purchase another accessory to enable this feature.

And secondly, I was wondering if anyone here who does have this unit, have they used the MotionX GPS navigation feature, and how well does it actually work?

Seeing as though this is my first post, I can't insert a link to the video with the Motion X GPS and Pioneer working together, but if you are interested... Just google "MotionX GPS Pioneer"

Heeltoeclutch
03-27-2011, 01:13 PM
Welcome to the forum JTC,

I believe you can stream Pandora over bluetooth out of the box but not 110%. I know you can use the sync cable with your iphone and control it through the HU, whilst the 4300 charges your phone.

I googled and found this (http://www.engadget.com/2011/01/22/motionx-gps-drive-exports-full-screen-nav-on-pioneer-and-jvc-hea/), and it says the 4300 is one of the HU's MotionX GPS is compatible with. I don't own an iPhone so I'm sorry I can't say I've tried it.

:)

edit: Here's (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Car/AVH-P4300DVD_OwnersManual121510.pdf) the owner's manual too, if it helps :)

Louisiana_CRX
03-27-2011, 01:16 PM
Nice radio decoy

Heeltoeclutch
03-27-2011, 01:32 PM
Nice radio decoy

Lulz thanks. A friend who knew I had a 4300 thought he parked next to the wrong car :laugh: I'm just glad it won't be glaringly obvious to naughty thieves when I go back to school in Flint. :p:

hebasabio
03-31-2011, 12:13 AM
thanks for the good review. I ordered one and got it installed, but it will not play avi files from my usb drive...! they will play music fine and I can navigate to see the folders and such, but the folders that have videos in them are grayed out. I've tried different usb drives and converting to the Divx avi format, but neither has worked... thanks for the help!

-Tom

hebasabio
03-31-2011, 12:13 AM
sorry for double post

Heeltoeclutch
03-31-2011, 10:34 AM
Mine has done that on occasion - not entirely sure why. Try a lower-res avi file and see if that works; I know that the 4200 didn't like HD video.

Welcome to the forum btw :)

Heeltoeclutch
03-31-2011, 10:38 AM
And I'm sorry for the ridiculous delay but here is the the pic of the remote:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s305/lavalamp117/IMG_20110330_165207.jpg

Nothin too special but it works. The pause doesn't work while using some sources I've noticed.

i love spl
04-01-2011, 11:56 AM
u did an awesome job with that. that has to be the best decoy i have seen for a radio. very good job. props to u!

sobe3yourself.
04-01-2011, 12:09 PM
I LOVE this stereo. the only thing that gets kinda buggy is when you try to use the link search, it is kinda laggy. actually, it takes a long time sometimes.

Heeltoeclutch
04-01-2011, 10:28 PM
u did an awesome job with that. that has to be the best decoy i have seen for a radio. very good job. props to u!

Thank you sir :) And welcome to the forummmm :wave:

sobe3, I've never tried the link search. Which is odd considering I use the iPod like every day :laugh: I love it too so much. Good job Pioneer :)

edit: tried it a few nights ago... seemed alright to me. Cool feature :D

desastrux
04-07-2011, 01:20 PM
The usb is hidden behind the screen, so how do you plug your ipod into it while using the screen? wouldnt the cord make it stick out a little bit.

Heeltoeclutch
04-07-2011, 01:25 PM
The SD card is behind the screen, the USB is on the back of the HU. You run the extension cord from the back to your glovebox or wherever. The SD card sits flush and does not interfere with the screen :)

desastrux
04-07-2011, 01:35 PM
oh cool. I am planning on getting this with my setup just have to figure out what all wiring and electrical stuff i need.

Heeltoeclutch
04-07-2011, 01:38 PM
Yup saw your amp thread :) The 4300 would be an excellent platform to run everything from, plenty of options for sub, Xovers, etc. And 4V pre-outs :)

desastrux
04-07-2011, 03:08 PM
where would i get the proper dash kit at?

Heeltoeclutch
04-07-2011, 04:39 PM
crutchfield has pretty much everything and usually includes the kit for free - but they're generally a bit overpriced. I use their site to find kits.

Car Selector (http://www.crutchfield.com/app/car/carselector.aspx?lp=%2FApp%2FCar%2Foutfitmycar%2FM yCar%2Easpx)

Sonicelectronix also includes kits with a lot of HU's - they gave me the one for my 4300 free :)

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/

chevyaddict83
04-16-2011, 04:30 PM
Thank you for the great write up, especially the relay. Just installed, and I love it.

Heeltoeclutch
04-16-2011, 04:34 PM
Glad I could help :D

pickup1
04-16-2011, 04:43 PM
And I'm sorry for the ridiculous delay but here is the the pic of the remote:

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s305/lavalamp117/IMG_20110330_165207.jpg

Nothin too special but it works. The pause doesn't work while using some sources I've noticed.

when you hit the audio,does the audio menu pop up?

Heeltoeclutch
04-17-2011, 03:42 PM
I believe that section of buttons only applies when in DVD mode - I've never tried it. If I get a chance to I'll try it asap and let you know :)

jko87
04-24-2011, 02:46 AM
im having a similar problem. while using the classic ipod 160gb i was able to use the video playlist option. when upgrading to the new ipod touch 4th gen, no where to be found. i've ended up saving them as movies however the ability to not search via video playlist folders is a pain. sent pioneer an email about the problem. if and when they reply, i'll let you know.

VWGTI
04-24-2011, 11:44 PM
Just installed my p4300 this weekend in my GTI, looks great and definitely improved the stock speakers. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to swap them out but I know I will eventually but they will do for now.

The relay wiring diagram was awesome, everything started up and working from the start. Did not run into anything out of the ordinary with the install besides getting the wrong antenna adapter (no biggie). Thanks! Heeltoeclutch

My question to everyone is my playback on video is laggy and the voice is off by a second or 2 when playing .avi files. I tried it from the sd card and a usb drive, does the speed rating on the sd card make a difference? or are the files I'm trying to play to large? Do they need to be smaller or of less quality?

Heeltoeclutch
04-28-2011, 06:27 PM
My question to everyone is my playback on video is laggy and the voice is off by a second or 2 when playing .avi files. I tried it from the sd card and a usb drive, does the speed rating on the sd card make a difference? or are the files I'm trying to play to large? Do they need to be smaller or of less quality?

No problem :) I've wondered the same thing about the speed of the card - I use a Class 10 SD card and have had extremely little lag, even with what I believe are 720p avi files. I would think that the HU would be able to handle the actual data processing and the lag would not be due to that, since it was designed to be able to play commercially-sold DVDs which I believe are in at least 720p. Perhaps you could try another card and see if things change?

playboy_d
05-01-2011, 07:59 PM
anyone else have a problem with playing videos on a thumb drive?

vinylrooster
05-04-2011, 09:31 AM
Review of Head Unit: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

- One USB port - which the iPod cable takes! :eyebrow: I'm going to try and get a splitter or hub so I can use a flash drive and the iPod cord.

I was wondering if you had hooked up the splitter yet? If so, did you notice any interference/static when playing the ipod? I want to get a splitter and connect my ipod and droid (just to charge, not play music), but audio quality is a priority for me. I'm glad you love the HD...I love mine too!

Good luck....

Heeltoeclutch
05-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Welcome to the forum rooster,

I tried using a standard USB hub and it did not like it; it turns out though that you can use the iPod by hooking up a regular USB sync cable to the Pioneer USB extension cord provided with the HU, and you don't need the extra Pioneer iPod cord (at least for everything I've tried). :D So now I just have the extension running to the glovebox and one of my old sync cables in there, which I can just unplug if I want to use the flash drive. Using it this way, the audio quality is actually better than when using the old iPod cord... not enitrely sure why. But I'm not sure if you could get a hub to work; I just use a car charger for my droid :thumbsup:

vinylrooster
05-05-2011, 08:46 PM
Welcome to the forum rooster,

I tried using a standard USB hub and it did not like it; it turns out though that you can use the iPod by hooking up a regular USB sync cable to the Pioneer USB extension cord provided with the HU, and you don't need the extra Pioneer iPod cord (at least for everything I've tried). :D So now I just have the extension running to the glovebox and one of my old sync cables in there, which I can just unplug if I want to use the flash drive. Using it this way, the audio quality is actually better than when using the old iPod cord... not enitrely sure why. But I'm not sure if you could get a hub to work; I just use a car charger for my droid :thumbsup:

thanks for the quick reply and for welcoming me to the forum!

-rooster

dadztoy
05-16-2011, 08:07 AM
I added the CD-BT200 Bluetooth during the install. I CANNOT get a caller ID to display???? HELP!!!!!!

Heeltoeclutch
05-16-2011, 08:31 AM
Yeah man I just saw your thread - I'm sorry I wish I could help but I do not own the Bluetooth module. You might try e-mailing Pioneer in the meantime if it seems like a hardware issue - they seem to be better than most in terms of responding to questions.

JimAckley
06-01-2011, 02:10 AM
Nice review/help-thread, Heel. I'm about to pick up one of these for my Silverado, but I'm waiting until I have an alarm and tint installed. The 4300 sounds like it's one of the best non-nav DVD units out there from what I've read so I'm pretty excited. I'm gonna be teaming mine up with JBL W608GTi MkII components and two JBL W15GTis powered by two JL 1000/1s. I'm still deciding on an amp for the front though. Keep up the greatness.

- Jim

RooKie619
06-16-2011, 05:37 AM
how do i stop the speaker wine coming from my 4300 i check the grounds already

DanPalmer
07-03-2011, 04:16 PM
Hey, I'm having the same issue as one of the other guys that posted previously.
I'm trying to play video from my Iphone4 which works, but like he said, there's a second or 2 delay on the audio. Maybe its the cable I'm running it through? I'll have to dig out my receipt and see what the model number is. Anyone else have this problem or any solutions? I emailed Pioneer almost a week ago, so hopefully I'll get something back soon.

Opiate117
07-05-2011, 11:48 AM
For video you need to special cable (which I believe has a plug AND a headphone jack) Any ipod cord will work for audio and crap but video needs to recommended one.

This HU is freaking AWESOME! I spent a while looking up which one to get and I decided to get this one. I've had for a few months now and I absolutely love it.

Only problem I have is some songs don't fully display the name.

However I hooked up an N64 to this thing and I play super smash bros everytime I'm sitting anywhere for more than five minutes lol. Just threw it under my seat ran the cords threw the glove box and bam, n64 whenever I want lol. Flip it to av source, turn it on and start gaming.

I just purchased the GPS add on, waiting for it in the mail. I'll try to remember to get on and share my thoughts on the GPS add on

Heeltoeclutch
07-25-2011, 03:59 PM
Sorry for the long awayness XD glad you guys found the review helpful.

Rookie - you did indeed ground ALL the RCAs on the back? mine worked with just the fronts, but try them all. If this does not work, it may be a separate issue. Ensure all grounds are done correctly, etc.

Glad you got the N64 working Opiate :) still have yet to hook up the lil PS2 :p:

05trailblazer
08-04-2011, 04:18 AM
has anybody calibrated the screen?? and who in here loves the mode feature???

05trailblazer
08-04-2011, 05:05 AM
i have a quick question to all the users that have the double din. i know the double din has an 8band eq, SHOULD I ADD A CLARION EQ or is that just too much??

METDeath
08-05-2011, 01:33 PM
A few things:

DVDs are 480P, not 720.

That aside, I didn't like that it didn't have a provision for a power antenna of all things. I had to add a switch for that, which wasn't a huge deal.

The rest of the unit, I'm happy with now that I built a TRRS splitter using solder type connectors. So that I can use an 3.5 audio source AND the iPod video cable. I also ran the USB extension that comes with it into my ash tray for use with flash drives, I just disconnect the iPod cable from it.

As for using a USB splitter to charge your phone and at the same time as using an iPod, it'd be a bad idea, as that USB port probably only outputs 5V and 500ma exactly (I will check later) which will be enough to charge one device at a time.

SicAudio
08-14-2011, 08:33 PM
great review on a solid deck.

screw Alpine... lolz

┌П┐(◉_◉)┌П┐ audiopipe...

KillaPurp
08-20-2011, 11:51 PM
hey guys first post on this forum, im about to order the avh-p4300 but was wondering if anyone knew if it was droid compatible as far as the app mode goes? i heard you dont need to buy the extra nav bs when you have your iphone nav going thru app mode and wondered if this was the case with my evo 4g.. its not a big deal breaker for me but i the only thing ive read thus far regarding droids was that the 4200 didnt work with some peoples... any ideas please an thanks

Reno159
08-31-2011, 05:46 PM
I have this screen installed in an 06 f450 and have some issues already. Mine also won't play avi from the USB plug. Also whenever I plug in my iPhone 3GS it says there's an app to download but won't download it when I try. I can't get App radio to do anything at all. Also is there a way to disable album art cause that's annoying as well.

Reno159
08-31-2011, 07:23 PM
Well I got the Avi to play, just had to press Media on the bottom right lol. I'll try to post a pic of my issue with the album art. While the iPod is connected if there is no album art to display it has a generic music note over the background or graphics being displayed. Whats the point of having a nice picture on the background or graphics with a music note there.

Sleeklsc
09-01-2011, 01:52 PM
Well I got the Avi to play, just had to press Media on the bottom right lol. I'll try to post a pic of my issue with the album art. While the iPod is connected if there is no album art to display it has a generic music note over the background or graphics being displayed. Whats the point of having a nice picture on the background or graphics with a music note there.

x2, pretty annoying.

rsfite
09-05-2011, 04:49 PM
I've been looking at the this HU for a couple of months. I've searched the Internet over to find the answer to one question. When you are in satellite mode does it multiple lines of information? I had a Sirius add-on radio and would show artist and song; and even show scores on the NFL games when I listened to them. I bought the Pioneer DEH-P6900UB CD receiver with the Sirius adapter. It only shows one line of info on what is being broadcast. You can push the display button to rotate through song, artist, channel, etc. but that's a pain. I'm hoping with a 7" screen I can finally have my multi-line display back.

Heeltoeclutch
09-13-2011, 11:58 PM
Purp - I have a Droid and haven't bothered trying to use apps - it's designed to be used with the iPhone/Pod. What apps are you thinking about using?

Reno - I'm not sure you can make the default pic go away but - I'd just find the artwork online and add it to iTunes :D

rsfite - I'm sorry I have not used the Satellite radio feature. You can e-mail Pioneer; as I understand they've been pretty responsive with questions.

:)

19delta13
09-19-2011, 05:43 PM
hey guys I just recently bought the same unit at my local shop! after a few days of being installed the stereo would not shut off and it drained my battery I took it back and they switched it out but this one is still doing the same i unplugged it and took it to a whole different shop to check the wiring but i was told the wiring is good and that this type of pioneer unit stays on because of an internal battery never heard of that! anybody out there that can help me out the have had the system for two years now never gave me problems until i changed the unit

Heeltoeclutch
09-19-2011, 07:21 PM
That's interesting...

All HUs have an internal battery that keeps the clock, radio presets, etc. alive... It could just be a faulty unit, seeing as it was fine for a few days...

The HU's switched power is wired to ignition and not to constant 12V? That'd do it...

luv2drag
09-20-2011, 04:58 AM
Having an issue. Just got the deck installed. Installed the relay bypass...it appears to be working as I can play video now regardless of the parking brake being on...but...

I can't get video to display on the deck's lcd...if I pop in a movie, it will start to play, i can hear audio but i see no video, all i see is the background I have set.

Same goes for the image slideshow...it doesn't display on the screen, the system just cycles though the image names...

In my opinion it's like the deck is only outputting video to the "rear" lcd's which I do not have...

I've gone though the options and checked and double checked and triple checked...i've checked all the wiring and the relay is working...

anyone else run into this or have any idea how to rectify it? quite frustrated because i can't use my deck for it's intended purpose lol!

Edit:

Found the solution on another forum who found it from an amazon review after spending a bit longer googling ,i'd post the link but the forum won't let me...just incase anyone has the issue here's it:

i found a fix from a customer review on amazon for another avh unit!

if this ever happens to you, you just need to go into AUX mode and then set the background to "off." you'll still retain the background in your other sources and you'll be able to watch videos again. i guess when i switched the background to one of the animated gifs, it switched it on in AUX mode automatically or something. turning it off while in SD or Disc mode doesn't work...which was what caused my frustration.

Heeltoeclutch
09-20-2011, 09:15 AM
Hey man,

I had what sounds like the exact same issue after I disconnected my battery once - if I remember correctly I set a background for the USB/iPod thing (which I hadn't done before) and my videos weren't playing! I thought my relay wiring come loose or something. But all I did was set it to "no background" or something and magically my videos appeared again. Play around with your background setiings and see if you can get rid of the background you're using while trying to watch video - I will play around with mine after work today if you're not having any luck.

Edit: just saw your edit XDD glad it worked out.

Xyphis
09-27-2011, 02:37 AM
Has anyone tried to use the capture function to place a picture onto the screen for use as a background? Although I can get through the process of saving a picture and showing it as a background, what I cannot seem to do is get the picture to 1) fill the screen or 2) not look vertically compressed. I have used various sized pictures-16:9, 16:13, 4x6, 5x7, don't even recall the others. I have read on other sites the need to stretch a 16:9 pic into a 16:13 but that did not work.

Has anyone loaded a picture into the background that looks like what you input and fills the screen? If so, can you let me know the size or other parameters you used to do that? The manual is rather spartan, just stating that it can be done.

Thanks in advance

Heeltoeclutch
09-27-2011, 09:05 AM
I have not tried this Xyphis - nash04 was talking about it earlier in the thread, maybe PM him? He might have gotten it to work. If I get a chance today I'll run out and throw some pics on the flash drive and see if I can get some to look right on the HU.

Heeltoeclutch
09-27-2011, 09:40 AM
Xyphis - I found this thread:

Custom background images on pioneer avh-p4300dvd - Ford F150 Forum - Community of Ford Truck Fans (http://www.f150forum.com/f2/custom-background-images-pioneer-avh-p4300dvd-99429/)

It says the final size is 480x380 and there's a link to another pioneer thread on the topic.

edit: 1,000th POAST!!!!!!!! :D :D

chrisstanton32
09-27-2011, 01:51 PM
Does this HU have the "screensaver" type feature where when you don't touch it after a while it will start scrolling through random pictures?
if so..
Can you upload your own pictures for it to scroll through?

Heeltoeclutch
09-27-2011, 01:57 PM
I'm not sure about that chris, I have not tried. It does not do this for me, but I have not uploaded any pictures to it (just been using the stock animated backgrounds). you can view them as a slideshow though, which is explained on page 26 of the manual. I can try putting some pictures on and seeing if I can get it to do that.

Xyphis
09-27-2011, 02:04 PM
Xyphis - I found this thread:

It says the final size is 480x380 and there's a link to another pioneer thread on the topic.

edit: 1,000th POAST!!!!!!!! :D :D

Thank you for finding that, but unfortunately I had already tried that and it didn't work. The 480x380 came out vertically stretched and had black bars on the sides. This is opposite the problem with the 16:9. I did not reference that forum post as I am new here and didn't know that it was allowed.

I am hoping to find a person who can just say "I put a picture that was blah x blah and it looks fine".

BTW, I have no idea why the F150 post didn't work :confused:

Heeltoeclutch
09-27-2011, 02:10 PM
Hmmm that's interesting...

Try this (http://www.f150forum.com/f2/custom-background-images-pioneer-avh-p4300dvd-99429/)

In the avic411 thread he links to, there is this post:

Pioneer AVH-P3200 / P4200 Background Image 1440 x 240 Strange Resolution Issues

Actually, there is much controversy surrounding getting images to properly display on these units; whether running a slide show or getting a decent looking background image (�Capture� command) � folks are having quite the difficulty. I�ve found a straight forward and simple solution:

1) Save your images to your USB or SD in a 16:9 format (e.g.: 1440 x 810 or 720 x 405).
2) I recommend 720 x 405; you will not notice any quality difference and the images will display instantly (without any wipe)
3) Now simply set the headunit�s zoom to �Cinema�.
4) This works for both slideshow and background image
5) Here's a couple Honda / Pioneer and other Background Images of Buffalo; you can find more at:

buffalophoto's Photos : Other | SmugMug (http://buffalophoto.smugmug.com/Other/P) ... Background

Before saving the image (they are all 720 x 405), be sure to hover over the picture and then �View Size > Original�

Enjoy!

and there are attached pictures. Here's a link to that thread:

Pioneer AVH-P3100DVD background woes - AVIC411.com (http://avic411.com/index.php?showtopic=20769)

I'm going to put some of those pics and some of my own pics on a flash drive and test it out after work - I'll let you know what happens. Maybe give the images attached in that post a try?

Heeltoeclutch
09-27-2011, 02:14 PM
If that link doesn't work, here's what another person says...

after many many failures i think i have the best solution, at least it works perfect for me...

Pioneer says that the unit has a resolution of 1440x240 in fact that is not correct, because pioneer counts the subpixels too, so 1440 subpixels divided by 3 (3 subpixels, one for each color blue, green and red) makes 480. And 480x240 looks way more correct than 1440x240. Now there still is this Aspect Ratio correct problem, that is caused by the unit itself, so again i tried many many times and found the correct resolution which your picture should be...

It works with any 16:9 aspect Picture like: 1920x1080 or 1280x720 or 1440x900 so there is a wide variety of pictures out there that we can use.

After you have loaded a Pic of 1920x1080 you resize that pic to 480x380, your pic will look stretched in height but if you put it on your unit the unit itself will shrink the height to the correct aspect ratio. so the pic fully fills out the units display without being stretched.

I apologise for my bad english, i am german

But i hope this helps

Heeltoeclutch
09-27-2011, 11:48 PM
Alrighty I loaded up some pics today and did some experimenting. I used 16:9 and 480 x 380 (converted from 16:9) Subaru logos and a perfect circle. The Subaru logos displayed fine and looked good, but the circle did look a tiny bit vertically squashed. If I have time I will continue to experiment. If anyone finds the solution, please post it. :)

Also, pertaining to the screensaver thing - I don't think the 4300 has it. When you press "media" and it displays your pictures it automatically displays them as a slideshow, but without other media playing. If someone else knows more on the subject, twould be much appreciated as well :)

Silver-N-Black
10-04-2011, 03:08 PM
I just installed my Pioneer 4300DVD last Sat. I notice that every time I turn off the truck all my setting go back to default. Does anyone know which cable controls that? It was install on a 2005 avalanche if that helps.

Heeltoeclutch
10-04-2011, 03:13 PM
I just installed my Pioneer 4300DVD last Sat. I notice that every time I turn off the truck all my setting go back to default. Does anyone know which cable controls that? It was install on a 2005 avalanche if that helps.

This could be a loose connnection at the constant 12V wire; the HU needs constant 12V to save settings, that's why if you pulll the negative terminal on the battery they'll be lost. Does your HU go back to Demo mode too?

Silver-N-Black
10-04-2011, 05:04 PM
Yes when I turn on the truck the HU goes into demo mode.

http://www.modifiedlife.com/2005-chevrolet-avalanche-car-stereo-installation-guide/

Car Radio Battery Constant 12v+ Wire: Orange cable must be connected to yellow cable right?

Heeltoeclutch
10-04-2011, 06:22 PM
Id check the constant 12V wire and if it seems to be fine, maybe run a wire from the battery directly to it. If that doesn't fix it, there could be an issue with the unit itself..

Silver-N-Black
10-04-2011, 06:57 PM
So check my connection run a new cable to the batt. Cool thanks for the info.

OCOutdoors
10-09-2011, 01:19 PM
Hoping someone with the AVH-P4300DVD can help me out. I posted in the General Discusion section but no replies. I am replacing my Kenwood DDX-616 with this HU. Problems that I am having with the new HU is my headrest screens wont play what is on the HU. Just a blue screen. Also my Metra Axxess aswc wont sync to new HU. All these worked great with the Kenwood but I wanted an SD slot so I got the Pioneer. This looks like a great HU but useless to me if I can't get the rear screens to work for my kids.

pickup1
10-09-2011, 01:25 PM
Hoping someone with the AVH-P4300DVD can help me out. I posted in the General Discusion section but no replies. I am replacing my Kenwood DDX-616 with this HU. Problems that I am having with the new HU is my headrest screens wont play what is on the HU. Just a blue screen. Also my Metra Axxess aswc wont sync to new HU. All these worked great with the Kenwood but I wanted an SD slot so I got the Pioneer. This looks like a great HU but useless to me if I can't get the rear screens to work for my kids.

think you have to select it from the top,and on the axxes,you have to reset it and do it from start,i had a 505 alpine and just replaced it with a 4300 and had to do the same thing..

OCOutdoors
10-09-2011, 02:14 PM
think you have to select it from the top,and on the axxes,you have to reset it and do it from start,i had a 505 alpine and just replaced it with a 4300 and had to do the same thing..

I read that you have to reset it. Is it reset the HU or a reset on the assess? Thanks

kitkit201
10-10-2011, 12:50 PM
I read that you have to reset it. Is it reset the HU or a reset on the assess? Thanks

I think you reset your settings on the Assess. The HU is from a different provider so it'll need to sense that.

Once you get that working, what were your options of choose the CH + / - . Were you able to choose both Skip Track for (CDs) and Change Preset (Radio)?

OCOutdoors
10-10-2011, 07:41 PM
I think you reset your settings on the Assess. The HU is from a different provider so it'll need to sense that.

Once you get that working, what were your options of choose the CH + / - . Were you able to choose both Skip Track for (CDs) and Change Preset (Radio)?

I'm an idiot. I did not realize there was a reset on the Axxess. Got that to work fine. Also got my rear monitors to show video but can't get it to play sound on the rear speakers. I think I am going to need headphones and a transmitter.

Anyone know if the 4300dvd has a built in transmitter?

kitkit201
10-10-2011, 08:03 PM
I'm an idiot. I did not realize there was a reset on the Axxess. Got that to work fine. Also got my rear monitors to show video but can't get it to play sound on the rear speakers. I think I am going to need headphones and a transmitter.

Anyone know if the 4300dvd has a built in transmitter?

Can you tell me now that your axxess is working whether you have your Skip Track for (CDs) and Change Preset (radio) work on your channel +/- stereo buttons? . Not sure about your question. Not sure if this HU allows dual zones though.

OCOutdoors
10-10-2011, 08:50 PM
Can you tell me now that your axxess is working whether you have your Skip Track for (CDs) and Change Preset (radio) work on your channel +/- stereo buttons? . Not sure about your question. Not sure if this HU allows dual zones though.

On my Superduty SWC it is just volume, next, and mode. I don't use CD's but I use "next" to change songs on my Ipod. "Mode" will change from Ipod-DVD-Radio.

kitkit201
10-11-2011, 12:24 PM
On my Superduty SWC it is just volume, next, and mode. I don't use CD's but I use "next" to change songs on my Ipod. "Mode" will change from Ipod-DVD-Radio.

Thanks! Im looking forward to installing the metra aswc on my 06 civic tomorrow..

on your question about the rear audio, looks like there is an AUX out for rear audio, and also some components cables for that as well.. are you sure you plugged into those cables? I'm using the owners manual as a reference.

OCOutdoors
10-11-2011, 06:56 PM
Thanks! Im looking forward to installing the metra aswc on my 06 civic tomorrow..

on your question about the rear audio, looks like there is an AUX out for rear audio, and also some components cables for that as well.. are you sure you plugged into those cables? I'm using the owners manual as a reference.

My monitors don't have speakers built into them. After more research it looks like I am going to need wireless headphones and a transmitter. After that I should be able to listed to what ever I want while the kids can watch the movie in back and listed through the wireless headphones. The Dual Zoning on my Kenwood would let me play audio from movie to the rear speakers and whatever else I wanted to in the front speakers. At the time I thought my younger son would not put headphones on but now he is old enough.

OCOutdoors
10-16-2011, 08:58 PM
I got my wireless headphones hooked up and working great. Now I am having trouble getting my bluetooth to work. Anybody install the Pioneer CD-BTB200? I have it all wired up and my phone recognized it but I can't get any info up. Even when I get a phone call it comes up on the screen but I can't hear the person on the phone through my speakers and they can't hear me.

Silver-N-Black
10-18-2011, 02:18 PM
This could be a loose connnection at the constant 12V wire; the HU needs constant 12V to save settings, that's why if you pulll the negative terminal on the battery they'll be lost. Does your HU go back to Demo mode too?

It was the constant 12V cable. Got it all fix over the weekend loving this HU.

kitkit201
10-18-2011, 04:27 PM

Installed the metra aswc , pretty simple after i figured out which 20pin honda harness it was talking about.. i do notice that my buttons dont' work from time to time.. not sure what is going on ...

Epic0318
10-18-2011, 04:43 PM
just ordered this hu. hoping its better than my deh-6300ub.

Heeltoeclutch
10-18-2011, 05:15 PM
It was the constant 12V cable. Got it all fix over the weekend loving this HU.

Glad to hear you got it all worked out :)

just ordered this hu. hoping its better than my deh-6300ub.

I really love the double din-ness and the UI. Watched top gear on the way to detroit today :laugh: Would never go back to a single din if I could help it.

bears249
10-26-2011, 12:59 PM
Hey guys, first post here. Came across this site from google, and I am interested in buying this HU I purchased a 2005 Scion tC last week, and I'm gonna throw it in that. I have a few questions: how long has this unit been out? I'm finding that the list price is 600$ but I've found it in the 300's on many sites, whats the reason for the low price? Also, I would like to get a blue tooth set up for my iPhone, does anyone know if it comes with the required equipment for that, and if not, what I would need to buy? Another thing I was curious about is whether or not the deck can stream google maps from your iPhone. I read the whole thread and people said that it worked with pandora, so it got me wondering if it can run the google maps app from your iPhone. I recently considered getting the recent appradio from pioneer which is specially designed for iPhones, but after reading many reviews, I'm leaning more towards this unit. Having google maps seems possible since both run apps and both are pioneer, it would really be awesome if it did (as I use google maps ALL the time, whether I'm just searching for a local wawa or if I'm trying to get somewhere specific).

Thanks for any help, this thread has been an awesome review of this product.

Heeltoeclutch
10-26-2011, 04:41 PM
Welcome to the forum bears,

I wish I could help more - I do not have an iPhone :p: I did however find this thread - which you may have found as well:

What stereos use my iPhone's Google Navigation? - Page 2 - TundraTalk.net - Toyota Tundra Discussion Forum (http://www.tundratalk.net/forums/tundra-audio-visual-discussion/93269-what-stereos-use-my-iphones-google-navigation-2.html)

In it, one person says this:

I finished installing my pioneer 4300DVD. I tried to use google maps and map quest navi on HU using app mode but no luck. I read online that motionx gps worked so I spent the $0.99 to give it a try. I've only tried it in my driveway but it did work on the HU. You can still listen to your iPod while the navi is being displayed. I'll have to try it out more. Also the 4300 is only $399 at sonicelectronix. Just keep in mind you also need the iPod cable and a relay to bypass the parking break safety.

Hope that's a little helpful - if not, bump for someone who knows more :)

Silver-N-Black
11-02-2011, 12:20 AM
Okay so i've had the HU for a few weeks now. I've been apart of this gmail music beta test. Today I downloaded an app called gmusic. Now i'm able to skip songs and title show on the screen. For those of you who don't know what google music here is link.
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.music&hl=en

Heeltoeclutch
11-02-2011, 08:22 AM
Okay so i've had the HU for a few weeks now. I've been apart of this gmail music beta test. Today I downloaded an app called gmusic. Now i'm able to skip songs and title show on the screen. For those of you who don't know what google music here is link.
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.google.android.music&hl=en

Can you explain this?? I'm very interested - is the app on your android phone, which is hooked up to the USB?

Silver-N-Black
11-02-2011, 02:48 PM
That is correct app is install on my iphone. Which is then connect via usb. IMO the sound quality is better than Pandora.

Heeltoeclutch
11-03-2011, 08:22 AM
Interesting - if only I had an iPhone :laugh: thanks for sharing. Too bad it doesn't work with Droids O_o

underdogg
11-06-2011, 01:55 AM
my usb dont work on my 4300 i use the cord they have n the box an my charger cord .when i plug them up its not working

Silver-N-Black
11-06-2011, 11:31 AM
How to: Use Google Music for Android - YouTube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ilpMVi0Bf8)

Heeltoeclutch
11-08-2011, 08:33 AM
my usb dont work on my 4300 i use the cord they have n the box an my charger cord .when i plug them up its not working

Have tried plugging a flash drive directly into the HU? If that works, then it's probly just a faulty extension.

300z51
11-11-2011, 05:57 PM
Good write up. I see that the OP uses the SD card for his primary music source. I'm not sure how many files/folders you have in your library, but I was wondering if you are able to use your entire library.

I recently purchased a Pioneer AVIC-x930bt. I purchased a 16gb sd card and transferred my library to it. My library consists of about 10gb worth of music - 1500+ songs; 297 folders (artists); 776 sub folders (albums). My problem is that my head unit is not able to access my entire library. It only reads up the letter 'J' on my artist list. I read in the Pioneer manual that it can only read a maximum of 300 folders. I'm assuming that is where my problem is. I have contacted Pioneer and they have suggested either eliminating my album folders (I prefer not to do this), or to use a file sorter program (did not work). How are the OP and anyone else able to access larger libraries? Any suggestions?

ChevyRidinLow
11-11-2011, 06:02 PM
i have an avh p4900dvd :) anyone wanna buy?

Heeltoeclutch
11-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Good write up. I see that the OP uses the SD card for his primary music source. I'm not sure how many files/folders you have in your library, but I was wondering if you are able to use your entire library.

I recently purchased a Pioneer AVIC-x930bt. I purchased a 16gb sd card and transferred my library to it. My library consists of about 10gb worth of music - 1500+ songs; 297 folders (artists); 776 sub folders (albums). My problem is that my head unit is not able to access my entire library. It only reads up the letter 'J' on my artist list. I read in the Pioneer manual that it can only read a maximum of 300 folders. I'm assuming that is where my problem is. I have contacted Pioneer and they have suggested either eliminating my album folders (I prefer not to do this), or to use a file sorter program (did not work). How are the OP and anyone else able to access larger libraries? Any suggestions?

Welcome to the forum 300z,

I have not noticed this issue, but I am not sure my library is the size of yours - although it may be. I've switched to using my iPod for music and am going to start putting tv shows and movies on the SD card instead so that I can have both plugged in at the same time. If you has no iPod, maybe consider splitting the library between flash drive and SD card? twould be a pain :p:

What did they mean by "file sorter program?"

300z51
11-13-2011, 03:42 PM
By "file sorter," there are programs out there that will sort your library in alphabetical order if the player does not do it for you.

In my case, I discovered that the limitation to my unit. I went Best Buy and tested my SD card in their display model x930, and it did the same thing. Then I tried my SD and USB in their display AVH-P3300DVD, and that unit (as well as a JVC they had), read my entire library! I got back home and looked at Pioneer's online manuals, to find that although my unit and the "flagship" AVIC-z130bt, allow a max of 300 folders, other units such as the AVH line, and all of the single DIN units allow anywhere from 500 to 6000 folders! I would have never guessed Pioneer's two top of the line models would have such limitations. The dealer I purchased from will not allow an exchange, so now I'm stuck. I think I will reorganize the folders on my SD card, so that I have no album folders, and I will just use the SD card on random tracks/files. If I want to play certain albums, I have just been streaming through by phone's bluetooth, since I have my complete library on my Droid phone.

nash04
11-22-2011, 08:19 PM
Sorry about being gone so long but wanted to let you know that I've been using this program CloneDVD Mobile from SlySoft Products | Copy Movie DVDs with AnyDVD and CloneDVD (http://www.slysoft.com/en/) and it's great, there's a 21 day eval so try it out. I clone Transformer onto my SD as a generic dvix but dual layer at NTSC settings and you would think that you're actually watching it off the DVD. The HU recognize and started the video as soon as I selected the SD media. Now the sound is also great but you need to bring the volume up higher than normal which is usually around 12 but had to be set at 17 and was loud enough. If you decide to purchase, it's like 50 bucks.

Try it out if you like.

Heeltoeclutch
11-22-2011, 10:47 PM
Heh I forgot what ripping program I use. If anyone needs to convert anything though, haven't found a better free program than FormatFactory. :D

tanneritekid
12-15-2011, 11:16 PM
After doing some research, found out that ITouch 3rd gen will work as long as its version is 4.0 or below where mine is at 4.2, hopefully Pioneer will have a firmware upgrade for it but I'm not going to hold my breath, lol!

Hello all, this is my first post.

Did Pioneer update the firmware yet, to allow iphone/ touch with ios5?

Also an i understating it correctly that you can put videos on a SD card and thumb-drive and watch them on the HU?

Thanks Guys!

Heeltoeclutch
12-16-2011, 07:30 AM
Welcome to the forum tanner,

I'm not sure about the firmware - but yes you can put videos on an SD/flash drive and watch. I've been watching Harry Potter/Mythbusters every day on the way to school/work :laugh: To watch video while driving you'll have to do the parking brake bypass with a relay, which is shown at the end of the first post.

pickup1
12-16-2011, 07:53 AM
Why do ya'll guys use a relay? I put a switch on mine...incase 5-0 comes up behind me while its on..

Heeltoeclutch
12-16-2011, 01:32 PM
I much prefer not having to hit a switch every time I get in the car. With the relay, it is seamlessly integrated.

I always shut my screen off if there is any chance of people outside seeing it - which includes the police. I'm not at all eager to get my 4300 stolen because someone saw movies playing through my window. Pretty much if I'm city driving it's off a good deal of the time. This is one of my favorite things about this HU - the ability to instantly turn the display off without interrupting everything.

Heeltoeclutch
12-16-2011, 01:32 PM
WTFFF double toast

tanneritekid
12-18-2011, 02:12 AM
Welcome to the forum tanner,

I'm not sure about the firmware - but yes you can put videos on an SD/flash drive and watch. I've been watching Harry Potter/Mythbusters every day on the way to school/work :laugh: To watch video while driving you'll have to do the parking brake bypass with a relay, which is shown at the end of the first post.

Very good! I am so sick of DVD's.

X-Nemesis
01-02-2012, 08:08 PM
Hi everyone, just a few questions:

1. Has anybody tried hooking up an Ipad to the 4300, does it work?

2. Any way to get android working on this?

3. Are there any firmware updates for this deck and if so, can someone post a link?

Thanks

alsa2009
01-03-2012, 09:14 PM

3. Are there any firmware updates for this deck and if so, can someone post a link?

Thanks

Question 2 is what i wanna know....just posted this in a similar thread. I just bought the new Galaxy Nexus:cool:

Heeltoeclutch
01-03-2012, 10:02 PM
I just got the Nexus as well! Loving every bit of it.

I have not tried an iPad - I am curious if this works as well.

I asked in another thread awhile ago about getting Android running on it; didn't have much luck. I was thinking building a small box to house the components and output the display to the A/V in, but then the touchscreen wouldn't work... etc. Then I thought about just outputting via my old Droid, but it didn't have video-out. The Nexus does though, so when I have time I'll look into that.

I am not aware of any firmware updates - there is nothing under the downloads section of Pioneer's site in the 4300 section.

alsa2009
01-05-2012, 03:39 PM
I just got the Nexus as well! Loving every bit of it.

I have not tried an iPad - I am curious if this works as well.

I asked in another thread awhile ago about getting Android running on it; didn't have much luck. I was thinking building a small box to house the components and output the display to the A/V in, but then the touchscreen wouldn't work... etc. Then I thought about just outputting via my old Droid, but it didn't have video-out. The Nexus does though, so when I have time I'll look into that.

I am not aware of any firmware updates - there is nothing under the downloads section of Pioneer's site in the 4300 section.

How can you not love that good ole Ice Cream Sandwich what an amazing phone

Heeltoeclutch
01-05-2012, 03:49 PM
Yes it is truly excellent. 4 gigs of ram in a phone and dual 1.2 ghz processors... crazy business. Haven't rooted yet, waiting to talk to my resident phone-genius app-writing friend :laugh: I feel like they've finally gotten android tuned just right - extremely easy and smooth interface but still has lots of character. This is my first experience with 4G/LTE as well - screamingly fast everything.

globalminds_ent
01-05-2012, 03:58 PM
kool

alsa2009
01-05-2012, 07:59 PM
Dont wanna turn your thread into Andriod Central or Anandtech lol but yes yes yes all of the above. One of my co workers has the OG Droid, and when he pulled his phone out for me to see I was blown away by how much bigger and brighter my screen was first off. The 3G is faster than home desktop and 4G wheww weee no comment......Really havent gotten too deep into rooting and custom roms, but i read about ppl doing this all the time on the fourms. Alot of ppl said that they will wait to root theirs bc the phone is fast enough for them. On another note, I wish that pioneer would come out with something so all smartphone can be compatible with this unit. With all the features that these newer phones have, combine with the features of the 4300dvd, its not fair that Pioneer minimized all that technology just to one phone. CLUELESS!!!!!

Wingsfreak9
01-08-2012, 12:19 AM
just tried installing mine in my 07 grand prix and it doesn't fit. I'm hoping I'll be able to cut a slot so it sits right and I can put my bezzel back on

alsa2009
01-09-2012, 10:42 PM
Well well after all this discussion about if Android phones were ever going to be compatible with pioneer products, this is what I found today.

New Pioneer Advanced Navigation Systems Keep Consumers Connected, Informed and Entertained | Pioneer Electronics USA (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Press-Room/Car-Audio-Video/New+Pioneer+Advanced+Navigation+Systems+Keep+Consu mers+Connected,+Informed+and+Entertained)

So now the question is......will they make a special usb cord for our unit or will we have to upgrade for this........

04murdalanche
01-13-2012, 03:40 AM

Thanks

Just bought one yesterday, bench tested it with the iPAd and it works once you put it in app mode

cfurtick
01-16-2012, 12:21 AM
Guys,

I have a 4300 and am unable to get App mode working and am hoping you guys might be able to help.

I have the unit installed, with the park brake bypass and have the CD-IU51V as well as the Axxess steering wheel remote unit.

The dvd etc work fine and the Pandora seems to be working ok.

When I switch to ipod on the pioneer unit then start the youtube app, and then hit the app mode button in the bottom right corner the "button" on the pioneer flashes acknowledging I touched it but nothing else happens.
The youtue app on the phone says "Video is playing on the TV screen".

I am using iPhone 3gs, iOS5 with Jailbreak.

Is there something I am missing? Is there somtype of setting I need to look at to get this going?

Thanks

C

alsa2009
01-16-2012, 06:36 PM
A dude on youtube called presenterbloke has a demo on how this actually helps. On my galaxy nexus right now and i dont know how to paste url . Just type his name in u tube search bar. Title says Pioneers 2011 range cool app mode revealed. Hopes this helps!!!!

cfurtick
01-16-2012, 08:34 PM
My problem is that when I go through the same steps a the presenter does and push the app mode button the screen stays the same. It doesn't switch over to the youtube video. On the iPhone I do get the screen that says "Connected to a TV' etc but I just can't see it on the Pioneer.

Thanks

alsa2009

Re: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD
A dude on youtube called presenterbloke has a demo on how this actually helps. On my galaxy nexus right now and i dont know how to paste url . Just type his name in u tube search bar. Title says Pioneers 2011 range cool app mode revealed. Hopes this helps!!!!

alsa2009
01-17-2012, 10:37 AM
I was under the impression that you were suppose to get the Pioneer CD-UI200V. Really dont know cause this cord seemed to not work for some others either

_AnGeL_
01-17-2012, 11:28 AM
Debating on dropping the mula on this or waiting for the new line of pioneers to come out later this year. This unit seems great, and does everything I would want it to, but the new pioneers look better and have integrated BT. :/ decisions, decisions.

cfurtick
01-17-2012, 05:28 PM
SO I borrowed a friends brand new iPhone4s for testing purposes.

As soon as I plugged it in to the Pioneer a message appeared on the iPhone screen saying an app was needed to use the accessory.

I did not install the app because It wasn't my phone.

I did NOT get that when I plugged in my 3GS or iPad.

Is there something I am missing? An app that will allow this phone to work with the radio?

Any idea guys?

Thanks

Awdturbo8
01-24-2012, 12:37 AM
My problem is that when I go through the same steps a the presenter does and push the app mode button the screen stays the same. It doesn't switch over to the youtube video. On the iPhone I do get the screen that says "Connected to a TV' etc but I just can't see it on the Pioneer.

Thanks

alsa2009

Re: Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD

I have the same problem. I have the Pioneer CD-UI200V cable on my 4300. Anyone please help. Do I need a different cable or something. I see pioneer has CD-IU51V cable also. They look similar

Fearz
01-25-2012, 03:19 AM
What kind of relay did you use for the 4300? I didn't know about the relay and hate the switch.

cfurtick
01-25-2012, 09:37 AM
SOLVED.

Guys,

I have finally got the app mode working on my 4300.

It turns out that you MUST have sometype of music/media in your ipod section of the phone for the radio to communicate with it.

I had recently upgraded the software on my iPhone3gs and had not loaded any music on it, also on my iPad I don't keep any music there and the brand new iPhone 4s I tried hadn't had any loaded on to it yet either.

I tried a friends iTouch and it worked perfectly.

The only difference I could think of was the music library on the iTouch.
So I bought a track off iTunes and it fired right up.

Hope this helps someone in a similar situation.

As far as the 2 different cables go, Its my understanding that the 51 cable has an extra headphone cable that allows full video from the iDevice to the 4300.

Maybe someone else can speak to this better than I can.

Thanks for the help guys!

Awdturbo8
01-26-2012, 11:40 AM
Bump it up. Looking for some answers

Awdturbo8
01-26-2012, 02:21 PM
SOLVED.

Guys,

I have finally got the app mode working on my 4300.

It turns out that you MUST have sometype of music/media in your ipod section of the phone for the radio to communicate with it.

I had recently upgraded the software on my iPhone3gs and had not loaded any music on it, also on my iPad I don't keep any music there and the brand new iPhone 4s I tried hadn't had any loaded on to it yet either.

I tried a friends iTouch and it worked perfectly.

The only difference I could think of was the music library on the iTouch.
So I bought a track off iTunes and it fired right up.

Hope this helps someone in a similar situation.

As far as the 2 different cables go, Its my understanding that the 51 cable has an extra headphone cable that allows full video from the iDevice to the 4300.

Maybe someone else can speak to this better than I can.

Thanks for the help guys!

Fail! Definately not solved. Both of the pioneer cables have headphone jacks. The problem is we arent able to see VIDEOS ,youtube ETC I have 1500+ songs in my iPhone 4. The music on the phone has nothing to do with the issue of not being able to see videos on the screen itself.

Awdturbo8
01-26-2012, 02:23 PM
What kind of relay did you use for the 4300? I didn't know about the relay and hate the switch.

I bought one off eBay for 7$. Works perfect. There all over eBay. 7-15$. The 7$ one worked fine for me. No need to spend
More$$

Awdturbo8
01-30-2012, 12:40 AM
Still looking for some answers guys. Thanks

Heeltoeclutch
01-30-2012, 12:47 AM

Yep you just use a standard 5-pin relay (it's got to have the 87a pin) that you can get at any radioshack or electronics store.

Still looking for some answers guys. Thanks

Sorry man wish i could help - i dont use the actual pioneer cord anymore and have no idea where it is :p:

WikedLizard
02-01-2012, 11:22 AM
Has anyone tried this HU with the Iphone4s?

TRIPPY
02-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Did anyone ever figure out the complete method for hooking up an Android device to it?? I have an HTC evo and it has an HDMI output..Im getting this HU in a few days..Ive just been searching online how to get my Evo to work with it.

Silver-N-Black
02-03-2012, 08:21 PM
Has anyone tried this HU with the Iphone4s?

It does work. I have one.

Silver-N-Black
02-03-2012, 08:23 PM
Anyone knows how to adjust the brightness???

alsa2009
02-07-2012, 06:06 AM
Did anyone ever figure out the complete method for hooking up an Android device to it?? I have an HTC evo and it has an HDMI output..Im getting this HU in a few days..Ive just been searching online how to get my Evo to work with it.

Not gonna happen!!!!! BUT.....for 2012 all their new higher end decks will come with Andriod compatible apps so all can enjoy the pleasures that we been looking for.
I posted a link on the previous page:
New Pioneer Advanced Navigation Systems Keep Consumers Connected, Informed and Entertained | Pioneer Electronics USA (http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Press-Room/Car-Audio-Video/New+Pioneer+Advanced+Navigation+Systems+Keep+Consu mers+Connected,+Informed+and+Entertained)
So you might wanna hold off till April or May if using your Andriod phone is a big plus for you. I too might consider because i have a galaxy nexus.

alsa2009
02-07-2012, 06:13 AM
Anyone knows how to adjust the brightness???

Yeah.....just hold down the mode or menu button for a couple seconds. Lol I forgot which one for sure

Silver-N-Black
02-09-2012, 01:35 PM
Yeah.....just hold down the mode or menu button for a couple seconds. Lol I forgot which one for sure

Menu button.. thank you.

Silver-N-Black
02-09-2012, 01:36 PM

Menu button.. thank you.

arctictwist
03-16-2012, 03:01 AM
I am having the same issue! (audio, no video off iphone 4) I have the pioneer cable they specify on the website and the instructions for it, cd-iu200v if i remember correctly. Im getting really frustrated with this. Dont bother contacting pioneer either, they are of no help.

Silver-N-Black
06-03-2012, 02:38 AM
I am having the same issue! (audio, no video off iphone 4) I have the pioneer cable they specify on the website and the instructions for it, cd-iu200v if i remember correctly. Im getting really frustrated with this. Dont bother contacting pioneer either, they are of no help.

Are you still having a problem? Mine works with the 4S.

METALLlC BLUE
06-28-2012, 09:20 PM
I have a Pioneer avh p4300dvd that was installed professionally. Everything worked fine for many months and suddenly the it won't turn off when the car ignition is turned off and the key removed. I tried using the "Source Off" feature but it still won't turn off. Finally I just pushed "Source off, and then clicked "Mode" to shut the screen off. It seemed to turn off, but then it turns on by itself in the middle of the day or night when no one is even using the vehicle. My battery is dead. I keep having the same problem.

Other people have said they're having problems with these units but what is it exactly that is wrong and how can it be solved? Any help would be appreciated.

METALLlC BLUE
06-29-2012, 06:31 PM
I posted yesterday about my radio not shutting off. Me and my installer figured it out while "playing" with it. Turns out the ignition cylinder is wearing out, so when you go to turn the car off, it's sitting in aux mode. You know when you turn a car off but leave the AC and radio running? That mode was "stuck". Simply jiggling the key in the off position shut the radio off.

I wanted to let everyone know in-case anyone else has this problem in the future.

rgarneau
08-09-2012, 04:31 PM
I have never been so frustrated with any piece of electronics in my life. Not only does Pioneer not make it that easy to use (some of the touch-screen buttons are not labelled correctly), but I'm not surprised since it was made by Pioneer, the manual is an absolute mess and entirely useless. As we all know, the Japanese have absolutely no idea how to write a frigging manual that is organized and helpful in any way, shape or form.

I just got an iPhone and am trying to connect the Bluetooth (I have the AVH-PP3300BT Bluetooth unit as required)and the Bluetooth operations are not covered in one location in the manual. The manual keeps bouncing me back-and-forth between two locations without telling me how to configure the stupid thing. Also, the screen-shots in the manual are completely different than those on the unit! (boy, that's helpful isn't it).

It is also important to note that all of the components were installed by a professional stereo shop (Benchmark Soundworks in Roswell, Georgia) so I know it is installed correctly.

So yourself a favor, unless you want to pull all your hair out, DO NOT BUY THIS/THESE UNIT(S).

Alex81
09-03-2012, 09:25 AM
I am now convinced on buying one, just not sure whether to get the 4400, or 3400.

Are you able to zoom in and out with your fingers like you can on tablets and smartphones?

lol1
09-03-2012, 10:25 AM
I have never been so frustrated with any piece of electronics in my life. Not only does Pioneer not make it that easy to use (some of the touch-screen buttons are not labelled correctly), but I'm not surprised since it was made by Pioneer, the manual is an absolute mess and entirely useless. As we all know, the Japanese have absolutely no idea how to write a frigging manual that is organized and helpful in any way, shape or form.

I just got an iPhone and am trying to connect the Bluetooth (I have the AVH-PP3300BT Bluetooth unit as required)and the Bluetooth operations are not covered in one location in the manual. The manual keeps bouncing me back-and-forth between two locations without telling me how to configure the stupid thing. Also, the screen-shots in the manual are completely different than those on the unit! (boy, that's helpful isn't it).

It is also important to note that all of the components were installed by a professional stereo shop (Benchmark Soundworks in Roswell, Georgia) so I know it is installed correctly.

So yourself a favor, unless you want to pull all your hair out, DO NOT BUY THIS/THESE UNIT(S).

Im pretty sure, seeing as how no one else had these issues, that you're just stupid.

Heeltoeclutch
09-04-2012, 08:42 AM
I am now convinced on buying one, just not sure whether to get the 4400, or 3400.

Are you able to zoom in and out with your fingers like you can on tablets and smartphones?

Hi Alex, nope not that advanced :laugh: I have never felt a need to, though, as you are never looking at something that is bigger than the screen, if you know what I mean. In what situation were you expecting to need this ability?

arctictwist
10-17-2012, 03:37 AM
Are you still having a problem? Mine works with the 4S.

Yea still having the issue and i cant get anywhere with their tech support. Its like im talking to a computer when i email them. They are insisting that i call but i sleep for only a few hours during the day before i go to my part time job. Then work all night. Im trying a different cable as soon as it comes then im gonna try the brake bypass

arctictwist
10-25-2012, 10:32 PM
Ok so i had my wisdom tooth taken out and had to skip work because of the narcotics.... while i was irritable i was still able to call. They said its signal loss over the long usb extension so i took it out and hooked straight into the back, wouldnt you know it works perfectly. WHY couldnt customer service tell me this through email? Anyways they offered no solutions except that there should have been a 4ft extension in my box when i bought the unit, it was not and they wouldnt send it because it had been over 30 days since i purchased, even though my first contact with them was made in that time frame and no one thought to mention it. anyways im working on some things and ill get back to you. 4 ft wont put the connection in my center console and there has to be a way. ill update soon.

jdmferio13
11-02-2012, 12:41 AM
Will have a used one for sale with iPod cable remote new harness and bypass shoot me a pm of interested

arctictwist
11-07-2012, 02:12 AM
still losing this battle. looks like composite is the only way and i dont think the controls will transfer over the composite.

BAPEKC
11-07-2012, 07:57 AM
how do you guys do custom backgrounds on these?

Heeltoeclutch
01-17-2013, 09:07 PM
Sorry for the crazy late reply - but if you haven't figured it out yet, put photos of your background on flash drive/SD card, then under settings -> appearance (or something like that) go to wallpaper and choose to use custom pictures. I BELIEVE that is how it's done - I did it a long time ago so it's a little fuzzy.

esmokah
01-19-2013, 12:58 PM
When that fails, reading the manual can actually tell you how to do it.

Silver-N-Black
01-21-2013, 10:35 AM
Yea still having the issue and i cant get anywhere with their tech support. Its like im talking to a computer when i email them. They are insisting that i call but i sleep for only a few hours during the day before i go to my part time job. Then work all night. Im trying a different cable as soon as it comes then im gonna try the brake bypass

Youtube used to work on my 4S now its not. Not sure if its the HU or iOS 6.0. I should plug in my ipad 1.

coll
06-09-2013, 09:40 PM
I know this is a bit old but, I found out that if you start up pandora on your phone, switch to pandora mode on your unit. pick and station and let the music start.
hit home button on your iphone and launch the youtube app the unit will recognize it. cant watch video but if you are like me and listen to a lot of random music, its a temp fix.

lidyaID
03-04-2014, 08:52 AM
wow amazing
http://watchfree.me/132/w.png