PDA

View Full Version : Need help choosing speakers for new car

JShadden
02-23-2011, 11:51 AM
I haven't been keeping up for a while and needed some help planning a new system. I bought a Nissan Juke last week and I'm already missing my old system.

I have 6.5" holes in the doors and tweeters in the front pillars. I'd like to put a decent set of components up front, but I'm not sure what to do in the back doors. I was thinking of buying a second set of components and just using the woofers. Is this a dumb idea or should I just get a pair of coaxials for the back? I know some people don't like rear fill, but I've always faded it to the front and like a little coming from the back. From reading the posts here, I'm trying to decide between these sets:

ID CTX65s
Hertz ESK165
Alpine SPX17REF

I have a set of the Alpines right now in my old car (wife is driving it now) and love them. I wouldn't mind getting them again, but wanted to try something new if they would sound as good or better. I'm open to any other suggestions as well. The amp I'll be using is a Alpine PDX-5. The car is small and I needed to keep as much room as possible so I'll be mounting it under one of the seats. If possible, I'd like to reuse the stock subwoofer location. It's an 8" sub in a sealed box, but I still need to take the panel off so I can rip it out and measure the depth that I have to work with.

I don't expect to have a ton of low end with this setup, but really I just want something that sounds great for daily driving.

Cruzer
02-23-2011, 11:56 AM
another to check out are HAT Imagine

JShadden
02-23-2011, 03:27 PM
another to check out are HAT Imagine

Those look pretty tempting...is the crossover on the woofer itself or am I missing it?

OmegaBunny
02-23-2011, 05:16 PM
How about building an enclosure in the factory location and running a slim 10 or good 8"?