PDA

View Full Version : Headunit not remembering settings.

Crownvicon28s
02-22-2011, 06:03 PM
I got in my car the other day and realized that my music didn't sound right, and it wasn't because I dont have a substage. lol. I checked my settings on the headunit and they were set to the factory settings, so I changed them to where I normally have them. Then later that night they were back to the factory settings. WTF? IDK which wire is the memory wire on this deck or if thats even the problem. Help.

daboyfrumdabx
02-22-2011, 07:02 PM
Memory/Constant is the yellow wire. Switched power is red.

Crownvicon28s
02-22-2011, 08:08 PM
Memory/Constant is the yellow wire. Switched power is red.

I had a local shop hook it up a couple of years ago and its been fine up until now. I don't understand how I just now having problems. I will check the wiring tomorrow. Thanks for the help.

thevic24
02-22-2011, 08:11 PM
some times there is a fuse on the mem wire. check it and see if it's good

Crownvicon28s
02-22-2011, 08:16 PM
some times there is a fuse on the mem wire. check it and see if it's good

You know what I think this might be it. My headunit was saying that there was a connection missing. This will be the first thing I check tomorrow. Thanks. Headunit is a kenwood kvt-815dvd btw.

Wingman0121
02-22-2011, 08:44 PM
Woah the headunits tells you that there's a connection missing? That's advanced.

Crownvicon28s
02-23-2011, 10:38 AM
Checked all fuses and they were good. All the wiring looks to be correct. I guess something is wrong with the unit. It keeps the time and color scheme but drops all musical settings. Any other possibilities?

Wingman0121
02-23-2011, 11:23 AM
Checked all fuses and they were good. All the wiring looks to be correct. I guess something is wrong with the unit. It keeps the time and color scheme but drops all musical settings. Any other possibilities?

So it was keeping all the setting before but then it started to not remembering it? The wiring harness isn't frayed or loose anywhere? If so then yeah there's something wrong with the unit, probably a bad solder joint.

Crownvicon28s
02-23-2011, 02:58 PM
So it was keeping all the setting before but then it started to not remembering it? The wiring harness isn't frayed or loose anywhere? If so then yeah there's something wrong with the unit, probably a bad solder joint.

Thats what I figure. I will check everything again. thanks for the help.

Rich B
02-23-2011, 03:14 PM
Sometimes a shop will wire the constant 12v to a fuse in the fuse panel, you need to trace that wire to see where its connected.