PDA

View Full Version : Silver Flute Speaker toast?

Drummer65
02-20-2011, 03:12 PM
One of my silver flutes has a terrible buzzing/humming noise when played at certain frequency's. Is there any way of fixing this or is it pretty much gone. Would order another one but Madisound is out of stock. Just want to see if there is something i can do.

Amp: Vibe Stereo litebox 4
crossed at 80hz

juan_caliente
02-20-2011, 07:25 PM
Before I did anything I would pull it out of the enclosure or door you have it and and play it free air. That way you can determine if it is the speaker or possibly your enclosure/door vibrating. Also I have had the spider of some vifa's come unglued and it would buzz at certain frequencies. The fix was simple, just reglue it down in the spot where it came loose.

Hope this helps.

John

okiedokie
02-21-2011, 12:06 AM
I would call madisound & ask to talk to Cindy.
madisound is very picky about how they warranty there speakers.
Just talk to her & she may give you store credit or something else that may work in place of those silver flutes

Louisiana_CRX
02-21-2011, 12:08 AM
lulz ...i seen it before the bandwagon...have fun playing your flutes....

okiedokie
02-21-2011, 01:08 AM
^^^^ funny ****, but cold

Bassin Buick
02-21-2011, 01:43 AM
shiz. my brother just ordered 4. LOL. they are in stock here. Replace me in Page Control under index.php (http://meniscusaudio.com/index.php)

RAM_Designs
02-21-2011, 01:55 AM
Are you sure it's the speaker itself and not the door panel ro something else making noise? Have you played it free-air to make sure?

Drummer65
02-21-2011, 03:34 AM
Yeah i took it out of the door and free-aired it, its definitely the speaker. I'll call to see if they can give me some store credit but at $30 each i'm not too worried if i don't get any store credit. They sounded great before the crackling, buzzing, and humming so hopefully i just got a lemon and this problem won't happen again.

Louisiana_CRX
02-21-2011, 03:42 AM
Yeah i took it out of the door and free-aired it, its definitely the speaker. I'll call to see if they can give me some store credit but at $30 each i'm not too worried if i don't get any store credit. They sounded great before the crackling, buzzing, and humming so hopefully i just got a lemon and this problem won't happen again.

yeah hopefully

disturbed471985
02-21-2011, 06:22 AM
lulz ...i seen it before the bandwagon...have fun playing your flutes....

Thx dave sure will enjoy playing my flutes. 1 year and still going strong unlike those POS DDC's I bought from you which lasted a whole week and cost 3 times more. I guess that DD logo really ups the prices no matter if the DD logo is on a POS speaker or not. Even you can not deny that the set you sold me were full of fail you installed on a friday they blow on a saturday I come back to you then you replace them the following monday boom they blow again by thursday. Now if that does not scream quality I dont know what else does. So it could have only been 2 things either you did not know how to install them correctly or they were POS. I lean towards them being POS cause I know you know how to install a set of comps.. After that massive mistake on my part for trusting that everything DD makes as being good I quickly jumped off the DD bandwagon and started buying quality equipment and not just buying a name. Plz don't provide a link to utube showing that a pair of ddcs scored higher in a sq comp then a pair of focals cause sq comps are so biased its not even funny.

But I still love ya anyways....

RAM_Designs
02-21-2011, 07:36 AM
Thx dave sure will enjoy playing my flutes. 1 year and still going strong unlike those POS DDC's I bought from you which lasted a whole week and cost 3 times more. I guess that DD logo really ups the prices no matter if the DD logo is on a POS speaker or not. Even you can not deny that the set you sold me were full of fail you installed on a friday they blow on a saturday I come back to you then you replace them the following monday boom they blow again by thursday. Now if that does not scream quality I dont know what else does. So it could have only been 2 things either you did not know how to install them correctly or they were POS. I lean towards them being POS cause I know you know how to install a set of comps.. After that massive mistake on my part for trusting that everything DD makes as being good I quickly jumped off the DD bandwagon and started buying quality equipment and not just buying a name. Plz don't provide a link to utube showing that a pair of ddcs scored higher in a sq comp then a pair of focals cause sq comps are so biased its not even funny.

But I still love ya anyways....

:popcorn:

Drummer65
02-21-2011, 11:25 AM
Before the one Silver Flute took a **** on me they both sounded great, i love my flutes

Anyways Called Madisound and talked to Cindy

She was very helpful with the situation and said they will be shipping out a replacement at no extra cost. Will definitely be buying from Madisound again.

Thanks guys for the help

-01limited-
02-21-2011, 11:33 AM
:popcorn:
:toast:

bigguy2010
02-22-2011, 09:56 PM
Before the one Silver Flute took a **** on me they both sounded great, i love my flutes

She was very helpful with the situation and said they will be shipping out a replacement at no extra cost. Will definitely be buying from Madisound again.

Thanks guys for the help

This is good to know, I'll be ordering the 5.25" version later this week.

RAM_Designs
02-22-2011, 10:00 PM

Thanks guys for the help

Both Madisound and PE have been great to me with their CS. Good to know they take care of everyone.

mbrooky
03-03-2011, 03:16 PM
shiz. my brother just ordered 4. LOL. they are in stock here. Replace me in Page Control under index.php (http://meniscusaudio.com/index.php)

fuggin sweet! you're a savior! i needed to ordered another pair of 4ohm models to match my other pair but all you fegs bought them all from madisound :p

edit: all you fegs bought them out from there too!!!! damnit man!!!...lol

and OP..good to hear madisound hooked you up! good stuff!

smgreen20
03-03-2011, 11:06 PM
Good to hear that they're going to replace them for you. My friend is going to order, if he hasn't yet, the 5 1/2" Silver Flutes via my recommendation from the two 6 1/2" SF's I run in my set up.