PDA

View Full Version : Brand New Alpine S-Series Component speaker makes popping noise when being used

briballboy1212
01-31-2011, 07:08 PM
My front right channel speaker is an Alpine S-Series 6.5" Component speaker which is connected to the JVC KD-R900 Head unit no amps. When ever i try to play any music slightly loud or with any bass in it the speaker begins to crackle or pop. It isn't soo loud that you can't hear the music but it is enough to annoy me. There is little chance the speaker is blown because it is only a few months old. I'm new to car a/v and have no idea what the problem is. Please Help!po

trumpet
02-01-2011, 03:41 PM
I had that happen to a speaker that was fresh out of the box. You can definitely have a bad speaker, regardless of how long it's been used, if it's defective. Take the speakers back to the place you bought them from and exchange them.

SicAudio
02-01-2011, 03:55 PM
check your deck settings 1st

try detuning the bass a bit and see if it helps

components usually do not perform well on crappy deck power

briballboy1212
02-01-2011, 08:25 PM
check your deck settings 1st

try detuning the bass a bit and see if it helps

components usually do not perform well on crappy deck power

Well power might definitely be the issue, I dont have any amps yet, my question is why im only having the problem with one speaker, i have checked other threads and think that i might have made a mistake wiring and the speaker is out of phase. But i don't know if that would cause that type of sound.

daboyfrumdabx
02-01-2011, 08:44 PM
Wiring it out of phase would most likely make the speaker sound quieter. Check all deck settings and sure that all connections are secure and properly insulated from deck to speaker. If that check outs, it's likely damaged.