PDA

View Full Version : New guy in need of some car stereo help

Procomper
01-30-2011, 11:51 PM
Hi my name is T.J. I'm from Clovis, Ca I have a 93 bronco and my stereo straight out ***** in my opinio i was wonder if some of you could help me figure out what would be best in my car for me. I currently have lightning audio speakers all round and a 6 inch non amplified bazooka tube and a pioneer stereo deck. What i would like to do is spend as little money as possible but get good sound quality at the same time. I would like a stereo thats not all base but i can listen to the music as well as the bang of the base in my car. I know absolutely nothing about car stereo so thats why I'm here.

09civic
01-31-2011, 12:03 AM
alright before you start posting about knowing nothing, read around the forum and learn some stuff...your being wayy to vague and theres not enough answers for you right now

97chameleonbird
01-31-2011, 12:14 AM
A good way to save money is put a little extra into a set of good component speakers up front and no rears, they are not needed. Stick with a single sub and build your own box. Buying second hand on here is good because people actually sell good stuff, not crappy stuff like xplods and lightning audio (no offense). If you get some opinions on what to get, do some research on them and consider what people tell you. Too many times people come here and ask for opinions then the next day they said they just bought all brand new alpine audio from best buy. It may not be bad but for the money you could do better. In the speaker review section someone tried out some lanzar opti speakers or something?? but they said they were very good and were only about 89 bucks for the set.

09civic
01-31-2011, 12:17 AM
he probably has no idea what your talking about...:fyi:

xoutofmyheadx
01-31-2011, 12:50 AM
how's it hard to figure out what he wants? he wants a full sounding system without too much bass. he'd be happy with a single 10 on 300-500watts, and a decent comp set. so, OP you going to try an do this yourself? how much money is "as little as possible"? you can piece together a system over time so you're not spending all at once

Procomper
01-31-2011, 01:18 PM
Yeah I would like to piece it together over time im not worried about my speakers at the moment cuz they sound pretty balanced from the settings that i put for my stereo deck i can build my own box i would just like an opinion or facts that would help my find a nice balanced system so i can have music and bass at the same time

Procomper
02-02-2011, 02:37 AM
no offense taken about the set up in this truck i bought it like this not for the system but for the reliability of the car itself i just wanna know what i should do to spend very little money and the rear speakers are more like bass speakers they are wide and play less music and have more bass then actual understanding of whats playing through them

Bob Saget
02-03-2011, 11:42 AM
welcome :wave:

AlterEgo99
02-03-2011, 01:17 PM
Welcome to Hell.

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/6crnbnh/1234567890/HPD-Hell.jpg

ChevyRidinLow
02-03-2011, 01:28 PM
, not crappy stuff like xplods and lightning audio (no offense).

now...do you have the older lightning audio? like from walmart? because Rockford Fosgate bought LA and they are now rf grade stuff but they dont sell on the internet anywhere they keep them strictly for shop sales, i know, i thought the same thing, no way, but there were a pair of 12s in a prefab box and it sounded pretty freakin good, unlike the la sub i bought at wally world when i was like 15 that claimed 750 rms and i blew it on 150 lol but the new la is very good for a beginner. like these guys are saying your best investment would be a good set of components and a small amp to power them up front to start. honestly id say for a set of components get a nice set of rockford fosgate primes you will pay about 40 bucks on ebay and they have amazing sound quality and can take more than twice their rated power with no problems.

chickaboom
02-03-2011, 02:13 PM
Be careful on ebay. 2 amps in the shop this week are from ebay sales. The people who bought them were assured they worked fine. Both are fried. You can get a good one on ebay, but you have to be careful.