PDA

View Full Version : New Guy :)

DodgeSlammit
01-29-2011, 12:56 AM
Hey guys my names tyler im from Houston. I drive a 2004 ram and im trying to do all memphis stuff for my system. Right now i only have 2 10's under the back seat and 3.5's in the dash, all memphis. I have two more of the memphis tens and another of the 1.500 memphis amps, so im gonna build a center console box. Nothing too crazy looking, but i want it to still look cool. I need 2.5 cubes which is good for the center console area. If anybody has any ideas for me let me know, i would really appreciate it.

Louisiana_CRX
01-29-2011, 12:57 AM
Welcome aboard :bigwave:

CL1CKCLACK
01-29-2011, 01:00 AM
Welcome aboard :bigwave: Now GTFO.

thats not very nice LA. welcome new comer

misfit138
01-29-2011, 01:01 AM
I'm the boss. <---- Remember this above all else during your stay here.

As for the subwoofers, why not invest some money into your front stage before dropping more of them into your truck?

Bettr n' Revrse
01-29-2011, 01:05 AM
Pics?

*SlappinAzz*
01-29-2011, 01:05 AM
I'm the boss. <---- Remember this above all else during your stay here.

As for the subwoofers, why not invest some money into your front stage before dropping more of them into your truck?

cause he like booming music instead sound quality.

i gotta say misfit, u made me switch down from a semi loud setup, to a single 187 10 inch off 500 watts. Never sounded better.

misfit138
01-29-2011, 01:09 AM
cause he like booming music instead sound quality.

i gotta say misfit, u made me switch down from a semi loud setup, to a single 187 10 inch off 500 watts. Never sounded better.

I knew you'd eventually see things my way all along, man. I went through the basshead phase when I was younger too. It's not that fun to drive around listening to nothing but bass after a while.

And don't forget that second FD amp, dude. It'll make things better...

DodgeSlammit
01-29-2011, 01:16 AM
Thanks guys. I actually already have 2 more of these memphis 10's and another amp ready to throw in the truck, i just havent gotten around to building a box yet. Has anybody on here built a center console box? I couldnt find any :/

misfit138
01-29-2011, 01:19 AM
Thanks guys. I actually already have 2 more of these memphis 10's and another amp ready to throw in the truck, i just havent gotten around to building a box yet. Has anybody on here built a center console box? I couldnt find any :/

Zeirbox (i think that was his name) did a bada$$ center console enclosure.

I still think you'd be better off working on your front stage. Seriously, four 10"s with only a pair of 3.5"s in the dash? That can't sound good...

*SlappinAzz*
01-29-2011, 01:19 AM
I knew you'd eventually see things my way all along, man. I went through the basshead phase when I was younger too. It's not that fun to drive around listening to nothing but bass after a while.

And don't forget that second FD amp, dude. It'll make things better...

Gonna need to, Ive got some 6 inch tang bands going where my 6x9's are, and another crescendo componenet set.

DodgeSlammit
01-29-2011, 01:22 AM
Ya i know what you mean. I dont really have alot of money to spend on speakers right now though haha. Ill look at that

misfit138
01-29-2011, 01:24 AM
Gonna need to, Ive got some 6 inch tang bands going where my 6x9's are, and another crescendo componenet set.

Hmmm. Do what you gotta do for now, man, but be sure to get that second amp before they sell out. One of these days you may end up with a pair of high end comps, and then you'll have the option of bi-amping or dual mono.

I need to get myself a pair of them too, but I've been broke for a while. My upcoming surgery will probably keep me broke for a while longer too.

misfit138
01-29-2011, 01:25 AM
Ya i know what you mean. I dont really have alot of money to spend on speakers right now though haha. Ill look at that

Sell the second pair of 10"s and/or the second amp and use the money to upgrade your front stage (it's more important than subwoofers)...

DodgeSlammit
01-29-2011, 01:39 AM
Sell the second pair of 10"s and/or the second amp and use the money to upgrade your front stage (it's more important than subwoofers)...

Noooo i disagree i want more subs haha. The box i have for the ones in the back is a bandpass and it *****. So i might end up just having the 2 in the center console. So i guess i could sell some of it....hmmmm

Bumpin' Goalie
01-29-2011, 01:44 AM
It's all preference. I am a big fan of a solid front stage, but some people just want bass, bass, bass. To each their own.

d2k
01-29-2011, 01:53 AM
contact this guy....RAM Designs (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/members/ram_designs.html), he should be able to help with an enclosure..

Hello BTW ;)

misfit138
01-29-2011, 01:55 AM
Noooo i disagree i want more subs haha. The box i have for the ones in the back is a bandpass and it *****. So i might end up just having the 2 in the center console. So i guess i could sell some of it....hmmmm

front stage > subwoofers

This is a fact, and I find it hard to believe that I must say it more than once per day on this forum. Subwoofers reproduce a small portion of the sound in the music you listen to. Why spend the majority of your money on something this insignificant? It'd be somewhat understandable if you're a SPL competitor, but I just don't think you are. Are your Memphis subs from their PR line by chance?

misfit138
01-29-2011, 01:59 AM
It's all preference. I am a big fan of a solid front stage, but some people just want bass, bass, bass. To each their own.

I'm not as "understanding" as you, man. In my opinion, blowing your wad on subs and failing to install a proper front stage is just nonsense. If one actually cares about listening to music, subwoofers are the least important speakers in the car.

It's that simple, and I know you wholeheartedly agree with every word I just said. :)

Phoenix Risen
01-29-2011, 02:04 AM
i love my front stage, the dd t2s flat ouf scream and the mpyres are ******

i thought subs were everything until i put my first set of comps on an amp, then my eyes opened.

and welcome btw

Bob Saget
01-29-2011, 03:29 AM
welcome :wave:

DodgeSlammit
01-29-2011, 11:53 AM
contact this guy....RAM Designs (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/members/ram_designs.html), he should be able to help with an enclosure..

Hello BTW ;)

Alright i will thanks man

DodgeSlammit
01-29-2011, 11:55 AM
front stage > subwoofers

This is a fact, and I find it hard to believe that I must say it more than once per day on this forum. Subwoofers reproduce a small portion of the sound in the music you listen to. Why spend the majority of your money on something this insignificant? It'd be somewhat understandable if you're a SPL competitor, but I just don't think you are. Are your Memphis subs from their PR line by chance?

Ya theyre the pr series, the older ones with the big m on the dustcap. I got em off a friend that owed me some money, i wouldnt have chosen them but its what i have. :/

DodgeSlammit
01-29-2011, 11:57 AM
i love my front stage, the dd t2s flat ouf scream and the mpyres are ******

i thought subs were everything until i put my first set of comps on an amp, then my eyes opened.

and welcome btw

Thganks man. What comps do you have? My friend just got a set of the AQ ones and i really like em, i might go with that

05fronty
01-29-2011, 12:56 PM
post boobs

AlterEgo99
01-29-2011, 08:10 PM
Welcome to Hell.

http://i854.photobucket.com/albums/ab110/6crnbnh/1234567890/HPD-Hell.jpg

You will die. :fyi: