PDA

View Full Version : New ride, new system...

OmegaBunny
01-28-2011, 10:08 PM
Just bought a '07 Toyota FJ Cruiser and I need some recommendations for a new system. H/U will eventually be a DD touchscreen so I'm not worried about that right now. I do need advice on speakers. I ordered the Crescendo 6.5" comps, but still ot sure if I'm going to run them or not. I might put them in my wife's car. I also have a set of PG RSD's, and some older Boston 5.25" comps. I can give then either 75 x 4 or 150 x 2.

-Which set should I use for my front stage, or is there another set that I should look at.

-Next what are some good coax's for the rear fill? I had Pioneer Rev's in the past and they were good on H/U power. Should I get another set of those or are there other good coax's for round the same price?

-Should I put the tweets in the dash on mount in the door and run 3 1/2's in the dash? What are some good 3 1/2"?

Also, I can run 4" in the very rear pillars, should I unhook them or can you recommend some good 4" coax?

Last, there are 2 speakers in the headliner firing down, should I just unhook them?

budget, as cheap as possible. The wife doesn't want me spending more money since I just bought a new car. I whould tell the Bish to STFU but she makes more money then me:crap:

Sub-12" IA Flatlyne, but will probably buy another
Sub amp-AP15001D

Thanks for the help!

OmegaBunny
02-01-2011, 02:42 PM
No love? Come on, these are legit questions!

okiedokie
02-02-2011, 12:17 AM
how old are those Boston 5.25?
If they are the older pro's i would run them.
if you weant to loolk into a good buy Bravox are on slae @ SSA
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/store/categories/Speakers/
if my understanding is correct Bravox is from South America & they been making speakers since the 1950's

I'm not crazy about rear fill, but if i had to do rear fill then i think i would look into a fullrange driver that you could run off of deck power.
https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=121&products_id=773
https://www.madisound.com/store/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=121&products_id=83

wow you have speakers in the headliner?
so i guess you are using the OEM headunit?
what 4-channel amp are you buying or do you own one already?
Are you deadening your doors-liiner-floor-hatch???

Dont forget deadener,aiming the speakers,placement,etc.......

OmegaBunny
02-04-2011, 11:33 AM
The Bostons were bought on clearance in 2007 so they could be from 2005-2006. I found them when I was going through my shed. I had them in my Wrangler but I cannot remember the model, I will have to look when I get home.

H/U will be update in the next couple months to a DD touch screen, probably Kenwood. For now I will use a line-out converter.

Apparently the Fj Cruisers have small speakers in the headliner, I believe they are 3.5's. I won't be using them. The dash and rear pillars have 3.5's also but can fit 4". Should I just use the components and coaxials and forget about the smaller speakers or should I upgrade them to better 4"?

Doors and panels will get deadened, eventually but for now they wife says I can only get speakers. I'm not going to deaden the floor because I'm not sure how to do it. No carpet, just rubber. I may deaden the roof but I'd have to see if it will interfere with the airbags.

I have a cadence amp for mids, 2x150 or 4x75.

Louisiana_CRX
02-04-2011, 11:36 AM
I sure as hell hope you paint the goofy white top to match the vehicle...they look so much better that way ...i have to wonder WTF Toyota was thinking......:laugh:

OmegaBunny
02-04-2011, 12:32 PM
I was going to but I am starting to like it. It stands out against the black really well. I was going to replace all the silver accents on the outside with black, black rims, and paint the top. I might still do that but leave the top white.

Louisiana_CRX
02-04-2011, 12:34 PM
I was going to but I am starting to like it. It stands out against the black really well. I was going to replace all the silver accents on the outside with black, black rims, and paint the top. I might still do that but leave the top white.

theres one thats been blacked out local including the top and it looks pretty sweet.....

OmegaBunny
02-04-2011, 12:57 PM
I've seen one near me that is blacked out, lifted and has a snorkel. That's what made me want one. After I get the audio in place, the lift, wheels, and tires are next. Then the snorkel.

LittleJoe
02-04-2011, 01:26 PM
The white top is symbolic to the old school FJ40 Land Cruiser. Looks great IMHO.

OmegaBunny
02-04-2011, 01:33 PM
I'd love to have an old FJ40 but money is limited. I can only have one build going on at a time.

Is this a good deal?

CL 62PROX (http://cdtstore.com/syst_packs/cl62prox.htm)

$299 with 1yr warranty or $310 w/ 5 year warranty. Kills two birds with one stone.

Haven't heard them personally so I rely heavily on others reviews.

Louisiana_CRX
02-04-2011, 01:42 PM
Bostons are good speakers...i use to run Boston Pros back in the day....I've ran their 3 way 6.5 componets and all of their 2 way componets...I assume their new stuff is just as good....only think i found that sounded better were the new DD's....they have been proven better sq than a $1400 focal set in drop in replacement...and can be had for $300 a set so less than a 1/4 the price.....I think i have a video someplace

Louisiana_CRX
02-04-2011, 01:44 PM
here you go....

YouTube - Focal vs. Digital Designs, this will amaze you... (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lI93xXimVqc)

OmegaBunny
02-04-2011, 02:47 PM
Where do you get them online?