PDA

View Full Version : Help picking out component speakers 6.5

aguynamedhorse
01-28-2011, 06:41 AM
I'm looking to replace my current wack setup with something decent. I do have a 10 inch sub and my 6x9's work great. The problem is my front door panel speakers and tweeters, they distort real easily when I crank the volume up a bit.

Can anyone help me out. I was considering this set up
www.sonicelectronix.com/item_22730_Kenwood-KFC-P709PS.html

My budget for speakers.... ehh around 120$

I listen to mostly rap. Some hardstyle. The bass is awesome.

And if an external amp is necessary I'll get that too. Any advice?

I want clear highs. Not too much bass. A little bit wouldn't hurt tho.

Thanks in advance.

bhsaudio
01-28-2011, 06:53 AM
Crescendo Audio :: Component Speaker Systems :: CCX65 (http://www.crescendoaudio.com/product.php?productid=17514&cat=251&page=1)

They only have b-stock but I was quoted $70 for a set. Only issue with them is some scratches on the baskets and mags...

Amping them would be optimal as far as what amp to get theres about a million that would wrk so ur choices are endless.

bugflipper
01-28-2011, 07:06 AM
Good comps for the money. Invest in some sound deadener for the doors to get a little more bass out of them. MB Quart ONX4.80 4 Channel Amplifiers - Car Amplifiers at Onlinecarstereo.com (http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/p_25334_MB_Quart_ONX480.aspx?utm_source=google_sho pping&utm_medium=Product_Feed&utm_campaign=google_shopping_Price_Comparison) A clean little cheap amp.

aguynamedhorse
01-28-2011, 10:12 PM
Ic thnx, and yes I'm liking that amp. Pretty cheap.

But **** those speakers you linked me too are out of stock or something it says. I'll look elsewhere to buy them.

bhsaudio
01-29-2011, 05:02 AM
^^ I know there out of stock on brand new ones but they do have some b-stock. Which are new but have some scratches on the baskets and mags. I mean $30 of due to some scratches you will never see seems like a good deal to me.

aguynamedhorse
01-30-2011, 02:29 AM
oh ic. ok cool, i think ill go for these then. Thanks.