PDA

View Full Version : Focal 165V2 or MB Quart QSD 216 for SQ?

IIcx
02-02-2004, 08:42 PM
Tried to fit some Focal Utopia 165W in my car and depth became a huge problem. Now I am faced with getting either Focal PolyGlass 165V2 ~$210 or MB Quart QSD 216 ~$600 online. I am into sound quality. I hear the MB Quarts are harsh but that seems to be a general statement and not to a specific product they are making. I know there is a huge price difference and Amp requirements are different. Ignore that and just let me know which one has the best SQ and why.

The Denver area is slacking in higher end audio shops. Those that do high end stuff do not have any demonstration setups. Others can only order in high end equipment but do not have displays of them, only the more affordable products are on display. So I am dependant upon you. Please respond if you have heard these units and let me know what you liked and disliked about each.

Much thanks
Scott

p_rawk13
02-05-2004, 12:14 AM
they have all the focals on display in a shop here whre i live and i have to say for sound quality they could prolly be the best i have heard even the acceses sound amazing i am deffinitly picking up a pair of polyglasses this weekend. i think you should too.