PDA

View Full Version : Need Help I cant figure this out?

ziggsta
01-09-2011, 06:13 PM
I own a 2005 Dodge Magnum before I switched headunit everything sounded good.Last Year I purchased a Clarion NX509 dvd/nav headunit. When it was installed in the magnum the speakers sound like crap, everything just sounds cheap.....why would this change I know my guy used the right harness that uses the stock amplifier? I know people are going to say get aftermarket speakers but I just want to know why this is happening.

xoutofmyheadx
01-09-2011, 07:14 PM
i've heard this about the avalanche too. the problem is the stock amp. i'm not sure why it is, but when you bypass the amp it'll sound a ton better. you could go on a dodge forum and try looking up how to bypass. i know you'll need to buy a couple harnesses and possibly rewire em.

ziggsta
01-09-2011, 07:18 PM
So you really dont think its my clarion radio because when I originally put this into my hyundai azera it did the same thing the car sounded like it had computer speakers.....so should I just buy a aftermarket amp now?

xoutofmyheadx
01-09-2011, 07:29 PM
in the other car, did it go through the factory amp there as well? clarion is a nice sounding unit, the only reason i never bought one was yrs ago you couldnt change the bass and treb. no you shouldn't have to buy an aftermarket amp. bypassing your amp will give you something like 20x4 to your speakers. unless you plan on changing your speakers then at point i'd pick up an amp.

xoutofmyheadx
01-09-2011, 07:36 PM
test the radio 1st. get some speaker wire, pull out the radio and hook up the speaker wire. run it to the back speakers and see whatcha get. you'll find out right then how it'll be for ya without too much work. don't have to tuck the wire away it's just for testing it.