PDA

View Full Version : Arkansas Car Stereo - Little Rock, AR

BlkBox
01-07-2011, 05:13 PM
Made a quick trip over to this shop in Little Rock off of S. University to see what they carried and get some wire. Was pleasantly surprised to see they have a full offering of Soundstream products on display along with several other brands. Talked with Jimmy at the counter who was more than helpful even though I was just getting $26 worth of 4awg wire.

Wished I'd heard about this place before I had already purchased all my stuff; I would have loved to spend my money here instead of random online stores. So, if you're in and around Little Rock definitely swing by this shop and support a local business.

Arkansas Car Stereo, Little Rock, AR : Reviews and maps (http://local.yahoo.com/info-18376367-arkansas-car-stereo-little-rock)

DARKHART
01-07-2011, 09:22 PM
Yeah I've know all these guys for years and they are very good people with very fair prices....R.I.P. BJ....the founder of Ark Car Stereo...

lowriderram_95
01-07-2011, 09:27 PM
gonna have to go check them out when I get back in town, they carry the soundstream double dins?

DARKHART
01-07-2011, 09:38 PM
gonna have to go check them out when I get back in town, they carry the soundstream double dins?

Yeah, they're Soundstream authorized....carry the entire product lineup

05fronty
01-07-2011, 09:43 PM
i used to hate on them for being kindof pricey, but one of the few legit shops in central ark

AMI CUSTOMS
01-18-2011, 01:24 AM
And they carry hooker stuff too which is next to impossible to find at a local shop I have their connectors in my truck .....hooker....lol

lowriderram_95
01-21-2011, 05:21 PM
idk if I just found the one ******* in there or what but I will never go back there. the guy had me explain to him what strapping an amp meant, wtf? then he tried tellin me that no company does that anymore...*******

DARKHART
01-21-2011, 08:34 PM
idk if I just found the one ******* in there or what but I will never go back there. the guy had me explain to him what strapping an amp meant, wtf? then he tried tellin me that no company does that anymore...*******

Dang, do you know who you spoke too? These guys are pretty smart about caraudio so I'm REALLY CURIOUS as to WHO that was, somebody new maybe....IDK??? I hope that you would give them another shot, ask for Jack Todd he's the install manager and has been in the business since at least 1988 that I personally know of...

lowriderram_95
01-22-2011, 01:01 AM
the guy didn't even try to introduce himself or help me in any way, he was to busy bullshittin with a friend of his and made it seem like I was an annoyance when I tried asking him questions.

Louisiana_CRX
01-22-2011, 01:08 AM
the guy didn't even try to introduce himself or help me in any way, he was to busy bullshittin with a friend of his and made it seem like I was an annoyance when I tried asking him questions.

thats how most shops are :crap:

lowriderram_95
01-22-2011, 02:19 AM
I know, I just thought with the posts on here about this shop it'd be worth goin out there and checkin it out. I was wrong...

Louisiana_CRX
01-22-2011, 02:47 AM
I've known Todd Crowder for years he does good work I think his shop is in Benton not too far from Little Rock...I thought about buying his Black S-10 to play with it...I remember the first time I met him...it was loaded with Old School Orion HCCA Amps...I think now its set up with Fusion...but it is a top notch install

lowriderram_95
01-22-2011, 07:10 AM
Happen to know the name of the shop?

Nvm found it, i'm gonna try n go out there later today if they're open. Really need to look into an alarm and I don't feel like fuckin with the install

05fronty
01-22-2011, 11:16 AM
I've known Todd Crowder for years he does good work I think his shop is in Benton not too far from Little Rock...I thought about buying his Black S-10 to play with it...I remember the first time I met him...it was loaded with Old School Orion HCCA Amps...I think now its set up with Fusion...but it is a top notch install

know a guy that is a service tech down in ashdown who worked there when he did that build.

Louisiana_CRX
01-22-2011, 02:16 PM
Happen to know the name of the shop?

Nvm found it, i'm gonna try n go out there later today if they're open. Really need to look into an alarm and I don't feel like fuckin with the install

tell him Dave with the red Wrangler from Louisiana sent you he should cut you a deal....

FLY-GUY
05-29-2012, 06:07 PM
I went into this place today and you can be sure that I will never go back. I walked in the door and the salesman asked what I looking for. I told him and he started pointing things out to me. Then the phone rings he goes answer it. He keeps talking to the guy then says let me go see if I have what you are looking for in stock, off he goes to the back room while I am still waiting. He comes back resumes his conversation with the person on the phone. Hangs up the phone and two guys walk in the store and starts answering these guys questions. He starts showing them around while looking at me. I was ready to drop some serious money this guy named Steve seemed to care less. I don't mind waiting my turn but I am not going to keep sliding down his list of things to get around to. I have an appointment at another shop to have my new equipment installed.

DARKHART
05-29-2012, 08:08 PM
Let me be the first to step up and extend an olive branch on their behalf to you because I personally know each and every one of those guys. They don't have anyone by the name of Steve that works there so it must have been Ed that started out helping you. They have been extremely short handed on the sales side and I do humbley ask you to give them another chance to earn your business because these are really some good guys. In fact I just got off the phone with their shop manager Jack Todd about this issue, just as soon as I read your post I called him and he stated that he would go out of his way to make sure that they try to accomadate you as best they can. It may not mean anything to you but because I know that they are good guys I would even be willing to meet you there and offer any assistance that I can......I know that first impressions can often make or break a place or create a life long customer or enemy and that sometimes people and places don't always get it right the first time but if given the chance to right any wrong they would definently do it different.....please give them a chance to make it right......Rick