PDA

View Full Version : Are CDT-6x coaxs good for front door?

Tbrik44
02-02-2004, 02:22 AM
Im thinking of buying some CDT-6X slim line coaxs for my front soundstage. They will be powered by an Eclipse 55x2 amp and aftermarket HU. Are they decent for front speakers? I see they are also listed as "Perfect for rear fill". I will plan on just using the stock speakers running off the HU for the rear. Ive already got subs for the bass. Thanks.

Unreal
02-02-2004, 09:42 PM
Friend runs them up front in his truck. They work fine. In fact, **** good for the price.

Tbrik44
02-03-2004, 01:59 AM
Thanks Unreal. Does he run them with an amp or off the HU?

Unreal
02-04-2004, 12:13 AM
Headunit for now. Just installed a tsunami 4400 about 30 minutes ago, but he is waiting on a deck so its not plugged in yet since he still has factory toyota headunit.

IMAX
02-04-2004, 09:24 PM
You may want to also check out their Braxials. CDT Audio Braxials (http://www.cdtaudio.com/Classic_Braxial.htm) It eliminates the hole in the middle of the midbass driver. I know you said slim line. Just making a suggestion...

SMUAlien
02-10-2004, 02:32 PM
I'm the friend he's talking about. I got them running off the amp now and I must say they are probally the best $40 speakers I can think of. I am running them past their rated power and they still sound pretty good. They don't really have alot of highs, but what can you expect from a coaxial. They can take the power I am giving them (about 75 watts) without much of a problem. They are just an interim solution until i get some good components to replace them. They totally rock anything that you could buy at best buy and are FAR cheaper.

Yesterday Unreal and I went around town listening to different brands of speakers and I am becoming more and more convinced that CDT is where it's at.