PDA

View Full Version : Street Sounds car audio

orphe
01-05-2011, 12:16 PM
Im not the type of person to do reviews but for this place I will. This place is located between N shepherd and Tidwell.
In short they owe me $360. Purchased 2 memphis subwoofers there and they were defective. The manager/owner took the subwoofers back and said come back in a week when he gets more voice coils in. I called in and his story switched up and he was trying to sway me into a custom box for the subwoofers if I paid him $300 more. Needless to say I did not get my subwoofers back. I was ripped off. It was a life lesson to never trust anyone here as all they really want is your money.
Also they advertise that they are a Memphis authorized dealer. According to Memphis’s website Master Car Stereo Plus is the authorized dealer for that address. That place is located just a few miles away. I dunno. Maybe 2 stores with the same owner. Either way, Im staying away from both (guilty by association).

grandam888
01-31-2011, 05:25 PM
this is why i buy from sonicelectronix. just the fact that they would rather "replace the coils" than replace the sub boggles my mind. i live in houston and only visit the car audio shops around town for installation accessories. i stay away from this morons around installing and selling audio.

Bob Saget
01-31-2011, 05:29 PM
this is why i buy from sonicelectronix. just the fact that they would rather "replace the coils" than replace the sub boggles my mind. i live in houston and only visit the car audio shops around town for installation accessories. i stay away from this morons around installing and selling audio.

You aren't very smart. Most of the gear from a site like SonicElectronix is refurbished. If you bought your sub their chances are it has been reconed. :fyi:er

And a reconed sub is just as good as a new one.

SicAudio
01-31-2011, 05:31 PM
especially when most of the Memphis line are cheaper to replace the sub ....

shady is the nicest thing i can say about "shops" like that...

hopefully you paid with a CC/Debit and can have the charges reversed :)

SicAudio
01-31-2011, 05:32 PM
You aren't very smart. Most of the gear from a site like SonicElectronix is refurbished. If you bought your sub their chances are it has been reconed. :fyi:er

And a reconed sub is just as good as a new one.

yup...

Sonic buys all of our bstock and warranty returns as well as new but they get a ton of bstock....

look at some of their prices... then see what a REAL authorized dealer pays for A stock....

grandam888
01-31-2011, 05:33 PM
lol r u following me? forunatley it seems only FI sells FI subs. and mine was bought used(100$) from a guy on CL who hadn't even broken it in yet. and yes i know recones are just as good. replaces cone and coils. after that just like new. also cheap, 90 bucks from fi to recone my sub.

Bob Saget
01-31-2011, 05:36 PM
If you bought Memphis Audio, chances are it was from an unauthorized dealer. They are very picky about who they sell to. :fyi:

grandam888
01-31-2011, 05:36 PM
yeah i am being followed on a forum. kind of weird. but whatever, guess yall have nothing better to do.

SicAudio
01-31-2011, 05:37 PM
came in to read and saw idiocy and had to post ;) sue me...

Bob Saget
01-31-2011, 05:38 PM
yeah i am being followed on a forum. kind of weird. but whatever, guess yall have nothing better to do.

hi

SicAudio
01-31-2011, 05:40 PM
pssst...

I'm in ure interwebz...