PDA

View Full Version : Kenwood KIV-700 Video Problem...

awdftw
01-05-2011, 12:38 AM
I have the Kenwood KIV-700 installed in my 1998 Audi A4 Quattro. The car has a manual transmission. Whenever I try to play any videos, I just hear audio, no video. I read up a little bit, and I guess people have been saying that your car has to be parked in order for the video to work. I thought this definitely had to be the case, because I never set my handbrake and I always just leave my car in gear and then turn it off. I got in my car, put it in neutral, pulled up the handbrake, and still the same problem.

Everything is hooked up correctly, but I only hear audio.

WAT DO?

Thanks,
John

awdftw
01-06-2011, 04:53 PM
Bump... Anyone?

KMS
01-06-2011, 05:36 PM
There is a long green wire on that headunit harness. Wire that to the handbreak I believe. There is a workaround that you tie a few wires to a relay or something but idk what number relay it is or how to do it.

awdftw
01-10-2011, 06:12 PM
There is a long green wire on that headunit harness. Wire that to the handbreak I believe. There is a workaround that you tie a few wires to a relay or something but idk what number relay it is or how to do it.

Thanks for the help, anyone have any information on how to do this?

Vossy
01-10-2011, 06:22 PM
I know with Pioneer units, you have to hook the handbreak wire up to a ground, and trip it either with a relay or a switch

eradicator006
01-13-2011, 09:23 PM
Just ground the long green wire. I have mine connected to my seat mounting bolt. You don't need a switch or a relay.

Spudnic
01-14-2011, 12:34 AM
Some of the newer decks have gyroscopes that will detect if the car is actually in motion or not, not sure if this is the case with yours.

try grounding like the guy above me said and if that doesnt work you can put in a switch and ground one end of the switch and connect the green or pink wire whichever it is on your deck to the other prong on the switch and fliping the switch should trick the deck into thinking your parking break is on.