PDA

View Full Version : whats a good active double din h/u thats not too pricey?

Ridinhi
01-01-2011, 11:11 AM
Really thinking about going active but my curret h/u is not capable. Would rather bypass getting an electronic eq and just get a h/u thats capable. Need a dvd touchscreen. Any ideas?

Louisiana_CRX
01-01-2011, 11:13 AM
i'm not sure there are any without external processors

Ridinhi
01-01-2011, 11:17 AM
d@mn...well, may just have to take the electronic xover route. Is there certain amps that are designed to run an active setup?

Louisiana_CRX
01-01-2011, 11:23 AM
There are certain amps that can so you won't need to have a crossover in line....the thing I hate is most arn't staggered powered ...so your power to ratio on mids and highs is usually way off.....the mids need about double the power of the highs....

gunz4me2
01-01-2011, 04:55 PM
Alpine with imprint is about the cheapest way to go unless you happen to find an active crossover. I'd could just about any double din that has time alignment and mate it with my Coustic XM6 as an "affordable" solution. Then again, I have been bitten (again) by the car PC bug, so I may end up going that route now that SSDs have come down in price.

To solve the mid power versus highs, run 8 ohm highs and 4 ohm mids with an active capable amplifier. ;)

9515ROB
01-01-2011, 04:58 PM
i dont know of any that are but my guess if anyone has ever made one it would be eclipse or clarion because i know pioneer kendwood and alpine dont make one in a DD