PDA

View Full Version : Forum 503 Error?

bigdwiz
12-31-2010, 03:23 PM
Is anyone else getting a "503 Service Not Available" Error on some posts?

I've attached a screenshot....

bigdwiz
01-02-2011, 05:38 PM
I'm still getting this error...only on certain posts.

bigdwiz
01-10-2011, 11:53 PM
Just noticed problem only occurs in Firefox...forum works fine in IE or Chrome. Strange? I'll clear out my temp files and post the results.

Louisiana_CRX
01-16-2011, 04:27 PM
i get it occasionally...i don't know what it means

CarAudio.com Admin
01-18-2011, 11:07 AM
503 means the server is busy. Just a setting to keep it from overloading. I'm sure it's fine, so if it gets to be a problem I can have the threshold raised up.

plugitin
01-18-2011, 11:08 AM
ive gotten it before too...for about 15-20 days using chrome only.

akheathen
01-23-2011, 10:11 PM
i'm getting it on firfox4 beta...... since this morning. seems to be mostly on anything posted since then....and there are some f/s threads i really want to see...... i keep trying certain threads, and it will show me anything up until today, and repeatedly not show the next page, but i can go to other threads just fine.

plugitin
01-23-2011, 10:13 PM
i'm getting it on firfox4 beta...... since this morning. seems to be mostly on anything posted since then....and there are some f/s threads i really want to see...... i keep trying certain threads, and it will show me anything up until today, and repeatedly not show the next page, but i can go to other threads just fine.

use a different browser :fyi:

akheathen
01-29-2011, 12:38 PM
i have been, but i'm getting sick of keeping ie open just for this one forum..... the new 4.0 ff is pretty awesome, and i still use it with 10+ tabbs open. i really thought i would like this forum as a new "home", but if i have to choose between one site, and my browser, i think i might look for a new place. any hope that the issue will get fixed at all? still happened when i tried yesterday

akheathen
02-21-2011, 10:19 AM
ok..... IT'S BACK...... ff only again..... with all the new "upgrades", i don't know if my computer is going to handle having this site open in idiot explorer and doing other things....

CarAudio.com Admin
02-21-2011, 04:14 PM

I'm not quite understanding what is going on. What does it show when you try to goto certain threads?

akheathen
02-21-2011, 07:54 PM
just like the screenshot, it just pops up forum 503 error. it seems to be anything but archived pages. i.e., when i made the last post in this thread, it came up, and i couldn't see it, but i opened ie, and the post i made showed up. any replies made to a thread that created a new page, i couldn't see that page. i tried shutting off keenko (add-on that can link your fb/twitter, etc in a tool-bar) and restarting and everything, and see if it's working again after this post. it was happening after the new regional servers were set up, but everything started working fine after about a week.......

well, it seems to work now, lol.... thanx.

813thumper
03-02-2011, 04:47 PM
im getting it on chrome. its rather annoying

CarAudio.com Admin
03-02-2011, 04:50 PM
503 is "service unavailable", but it shouldn't be showing that any. I'll see what I can do with tech.

PHD - USA
03-02-2011, 05:04 PM
Rockmelt browser FTW!