PDA

View Full Version : 2010 4Runner Dream System....

iFlyUSCG
12-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Hey all, I'm new here so forgive my noobness.

So I recently bought a 2010 Toyota 4Runner Limited... It has the premium Nav/audio in it.... And sadly this is the only thing I dislike about my new ride. My previous car was a 2003 Audi A4. I had installed an Kenwood DNX-9140 with factory Bose speakers. It was by no means amazing, but I was happy with it.

Here comes the question: I have some money. What is the absolute top of the line double din Head unit with Nav available right now? Money not an option. I was looking at the DNX-9960. Any other suggestions? If you could buy the head unit of your dreams what would it be? When do new models generally get released? Would it be in my best interest to wait a month for next year's models?

I have decided that I also want to get the JBL MS-8 in addition to the head unit I decide upon. As far as speakers go here is the rest of the system so far as I had parted out (I was thinking go huge on the head unit now and then upgrade speakers later):

JL Audio C5-650 for the front
JL Audio C2-650X for the rear doors/tailgate
JL Audio 10W1v2-4 in the factory enclosure
JL Audio XD600/6 amp
Dynamat all 4 doors

Any help/suggestions/advice would be kindly welcomed.

LaserRed38
12-26-2010, 04:54 PM
Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT. Skip the JL stuff. If you want name brand, do Hertz HSK 165XLs in front, HSK 165s in rear, HX300 sub and an Audison LRx5.1k to power it. Go with the bit one too.

iFlyUSCG
12-26-2010, 07:56 PM
Why would you take the avic-z120bt over the dnx-9960?

Also did a brief search for hertz hsk, and it doesn't seem as though there are any dealers local to me which is the primary reason i was going with JL. The place I was looking at having do all the work for me deals with JL and Boston Acoustics component speakers. I have also found some places that have orion, but have not been in to hear them.

Vossy
12-26-2010, 07:59 PM
I'd get some Hertz or Focal speakers, sub I would go with Image Dynamics. Amp it up by an Elemental Designs Nine.5
Don't skip on electrical upgrades too

k_schutte
12-26-2010, 08:06 PM
don't waste money on JL... there is FAR better for the price!

iFlyUSCG
12-26-2010, 09:05 PM
Thanks for all of the help guys... Obvs I am a pretty big noob. Trying to do research online, but all I get is ads/reviews that seem to be half a decade old.....