PDA

View Full Version : Alpine INA-W900BT Questions

BlackSTi
12-19-2010, 01:56 PM
I just bought one and I'll be putting into the STI here in a few days. This is an upgrade over my old Avic 900BT.

1. I purchased the SIR-ALP01T unit for the sirius connection... What difference is this over the KCA-SC100 + SCC1 combination? The SIRALP01T is going for as little as 30 dollars on Ebay (marked down from 299.99 from shop.sirius.com!?). Both units use the Ai-Net connection so I'm at a loss to which one is better and why.

2. I'm debating on what amp to buy. MRP-F300 or the KTP-F445. I'd like to keep the install clean and hidden and I think the KTP-F445 will provide enough power to get the job done.

any other thoughts?

Mr12voltwires
10-18-2011, 08:59 AM
What are your system goals? The F300 will be cleaner and give you better headroom than the 445 Power-pack. A bigger, dedicated amplifier will always give you better performance. I've used a few Power-packs and they're a nice piece, just powerful enough to drive Type-R components. If you're using stock, Type-S, and alike speakers, the 445 Power-pack will suffice.

Can't help you much with the Sirius question. It looks like the SIR ALP1 is a simpler install through the Ai-Net bus. I still use a docking station so I can take my Sirius tuner in the house too. Good luck.

http://www.siriusretail.com/pdf/manuals/Alpine-SIR-ALP1-OMv-25.pdf