PDA

View Full Version : Help with my new DVD Player

ti837
12-18-2010, 02:15 AM
So I played around with my friends 7" Double Din DVD player from ebay and was satisfied so i decided to buy one too. It this chinese company called light in the box and the quality, clarity, and all the features are outstanding and i am so far very satisfied. The only problem is that this player doesnt have a crossover/equalizer feature and now my subwoofer sounds like $hit. Im pushing one 10 inch L7 kicker with a infinity 600rms amp. i played around with my amp crossover but didnt sound any better at all. When i had my previous headunit ( a single din pioneer that had a equalizer on it) it sounded so much better. The sub sounded tighter and crisp. What should i do? do i have to buy a equalizer and if so what is the best one for a good price.

daboyfrumdabx
12-18-2010, 03:20 AM
So I played around with my friends 7" Double Din DVD player from ebay and was satisfied so i decided to buy one too. It this chinese company called light in the box and the quality, clarity, and all the features are outstanding and i am so far very satisfied. The only problem is that this player doesnt have a crossover/equalizer feature and now my subwoofer sounds like $hit. Im pushing one 10 inch L7 kicker with a infinity 600rms amp. i played around with my amp crossover but didnt sound any better at all. When i had my previous headunit ( a single din pioneer that had a equalizer on it) it sounded so much better. The sub sounded tighter and crisp. What should i do? do i have to buy a equalizer and if so what is the best one for a good price.
That's your problem.

Seriously though, the HU is the brain of your system. Why would you sacrifice quality to have a screen? I'd love a nice double din in dash DVD unit, however, anything of equal quality to my current unit that will sound at least as good, is running 5-600+, so I don't waste the money.

Assuming your LPF on the sub amp hasn't changed, your sub should still be getting the same frequencies. The new deck probably has nothing for output voltage so you'll probably have to move the gains up. Otherwise, yes, you'll have to go external crossover and equalizer.

Dre20xl
12-18-2010, 05:31 AM

Wow even jensens have xovers and equalizers, wat features dose your deck have and how much did it cost?

ti837
12-19-2010, 01:13 AM
Well it does have a equalizer pretty much basic (flat,rock,jazz......) So im guessing i just need a good crossover? whats a good kind? Ive never dealt with a crossover before.

daboyfrumdabx
12-19-2010, 01:15 AM
Well like I said, even if your amp is receiving full range signal, if your LPF is set properly, the frequencies the amp receives should be just fine.