PDA

View Full Version : Factory Ford HU, not much treble. Why?

danford1
12-12-2010, 08:49 PM
I've noticed that Ford factory head units just don't put out much treble. Not just one model, but all the ones I listened to.
It is like the treble is muted, even while playing a cd.
For instance. I have an 08 Fusion with the 6 speaker premium sound system.
I swapped the speakers for Pioneer TS-D6802R's and even wired the factory tweet to the Pioneer tweet. The Pioneers have a freq response of 30 - 32,000 Hz. Should be nice and clear.
The speakers sound great, much better than factory but still aren't crisp even with a cd.
I have an old Jeep Wrangler. I put in a $79 Clarion HU with Clarion 3 way speakers. THat system has WAY more highs than the Ford units.
Is there a way to fix the Ford head unit? I don't want to change out the HU because I like the Sync and steering wheel controls and use the Sirius radio...

What are your thoughts as to why Ford clips the high end? I can understand doing it on FM so you don't hear as much flutter and FM fade tss tssst tss when driving out of range, but why clip it on a cd or Satellite radio?
Thanks
Danford1

dumple
12-12-2010, 08:59 PM
Factory headunit sqz?

Bassin Buick
12-12-2010, 09:40 PM
its called equalization , they eq each radio for each vehicle to sound the best on the crappy oem speakers in each specific vehicle.

Phoenix Risen
12-13-2010, 12:19 AM
long story short, its a factory hu, it wont sound amazing.