PDA

View Full Version : Viper 5901 saved my *** (and my system . . . . this time)

hyrolincstmz
12-12-2010, 02:10 AM
So someone jacked my dvd player a yr ago so i told myself i wasnt going to get a new HU til i got an alarm so i did. Viper 5901 with two way remote. Someone just tried to come back and call my bluff thinking my alarm was a fake. . . i was out there in 5 seconds and now they know my alarm is REAL.

note now sitting on my cener console: DO REALIZE I OWN 3 GUNS! GO **** YOURSELF (with 5 9mm hollowpoints sitting on it)

9515ROB
12-12-2010, 04:41 AM
cool story...i would have started shooting so that way they actual know you aint kidding around

bubbagumper6
12-12-2010, 09:09 AM
Yeah, should have popped a few rounds off into the air. They would have gotten the point :fyi:

RFCV
12-23-2010, 11:41 AM
Someone jacked my DVD player a yr ago so I told myself I wasn't going to get a new HU until I got an alarm.. so I did.

Smart! :thumbupw:

Good story. Here's mine..

ALARM SUCCESS STORY AND OTHER THEFT PREVENTION TIPS from a alarm installer.MUST READ! (http://audioforum.termpro.com/topic/15/611.html)

flixpink
01-05-2011, 09:52 AM
thats good to hear getting my 5901 installed today thanks for that info

big nick
01-13-2011, 02:35 AM
my alarm really saved my *** especially the 2 way pager i have the viper 5701 and while i was at work i heard an annoying buzzing sound coming from my pocket ran out side to my car and saw a brick laying on the passenger seat with glass all over the place good thing they didnt get my stereo or anything else they were gone in the 8 seconds it took for me to run outside lol
make sure you get good sensors too the glass breaking sensor is a must

Lil Poot
01-13-2011, 11:49 AM
might want to look into your local laws regarding "popping a couple into the air" to "scare them off."

those rounds could come down anywhere and kill someone, and you can do time even if you dont hurt anyone.

outsideshot23
01-13-2011, 11:51 AM
so you were out there in 5 secs and didnt catch anyone?? then after the fact you put a note and some rounds there?? arent they going to roll off next time you go somewhere? LOL I dont get it

outsideshot23
01-13-2011, 11:52 AM
not to mention a 9 is a pretty weak round. thats why the cops are using .40 and .45 ACP now.. at least they didnt get your ****. **** lazy *** thieves

MikeyF
01-13-2011, 11:55 AM
not to mention a 9 is a pretty weak round. thats why the cops are using .40 and .45 ACP now.. at least they didnt get your ****. **** lazy *** thieves

Weak round or not, your going to feel a 9mm slug when it hits you......

outsideshot23
01-13-2011, 11:58 AM
Weak round or not, your going to feel a 9mm slug when it hits you......

Ya you will feel it. There is a reason the cops dont use them anymore. to be honest you can take hits of those and keep coming. especially the methheads where im from you would have to hit them in the head or heart. If you are that good of a shot under pressure be my guest.. Ill keep my .45 and just blow off a leg

outsideshot23
01-13-2011, 11:59 AM
and last time I checked in most states you cant shoot someone breaking into your vehicle. I have a conceled license good for 38 states and even if you are int he vehicle if they are not threatening your life you have to just give them the vehicle...

MikeyF
01-13-2011, 12:04 PM
Ya you will feel it. There is a reason the cops dont use them anymore. to be honest you can take hits of those and keep coming. especially the methheads where im from you would have to hit them in the head or heart. If you are that good of a shot under pressure be my guest.. Ill keep my .45 and just blow off a leg

I sure hope most are a good shot under pressure, especially if you have a concealed permit. If not, what is really the point of having your permit, ya know? And I will definitely agree with you there about getting in trouble. Most, if not all states will lay down a heavier punishment for pulling it out and shooting it in the air, vs. shooting the suspect. IF you pull it, you better pull it to shoot.

outsideshot23
01-13-2011, 12:07 PM
true. You really have to read read read to be sure when yo use it. Lots of the lines are blurry. and you would be surprised. The class I took they had to shoot one shot out of a .22 hand gun and hit a 2' by 2' box from about 6' away. They give permits to anyone. you have to go out yourself and practice. and I can hit a coke can from 30 yards but theres no telling if I was under pressure. hard to imagine. Hope I never have to. I want to hear the story on here where someone catches the guy hanging out the window and just beats the dog **** out of them then calls the cops.. lol.. **** thieves always get away

Louisiana_CRX
01-13-2011, 12:09 PM
might want to look into your local laws regarding "popping a couple into the air" to "scare them off."

those rounds could come down anywhere and kill someone, and you can do time even if you dont hurt anyone.

the pellets coming down won't kill anything...i've had lead rain on me plenty of times out bird hunting...a rifle or pistol bullet coming down is a diffrent story....

MikeyF
01-13-2011, 12:10 PM
true. You really have to read read read to be sure when yo use it. Lots of the lines are blurry. and you would be surprised. The class I took they had to shoot one shot out of a .22 hand gun and hit a 2' by 2' box from about 6' away. They give permits to anyone. you have to go out yourself and practice. and I can hit a coke can from 30 yards but theres no telling if I was under pressure. hard to imagine. Hope I never have to. I want to hear the story on here where someone catches the guy hanging out the window and just beats the dog **** out of them then calls the cops.. lol.. **** thieves always get away

Yessir. Lots of people get their permits, without even reading into it. But a lot of these people also just keep their guns at home. I plan to get mine within the next six months, and plan to do nothing but read and reread every little bit of information I can gather before doing so.

outsideshot23
01-13-2011, 12:11 PM
haha.. well ya.. shotgun isnt going to.. that 9 would if it hit just right.. especially kids.. odds are low but htere are odds

Louisiana_CRX
01-13-2011, 12:11 PM
and last time I checked in most states you cant shoot someone breaking into your vehicle. I have a conceled license good for 38 states and even if you are int he vehicle if they are not threatening your life you have to just give them the vehicle...

in Louisiana its legal to shoot a car jacker

outsideshot23
01-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Yessir. Lots of people get their permits, without even reading into it. But a lot of these people also just keep their guns at home. I plan to get mine within the next six months, and plan to do nothing but read and reread every little bit of information I can gather before doing so.

ya. really need to have your mind made up what you are going to do given any situation so you know in advance and just hope it never comes. but most of what I have read you can only use it if they have a weapon or directly threaten your life or you can use it to stop a crime of rape, kidnapping etc.. and then of course protecting your home.. but really thats about it..

outsideshot23
01-13-2011, 12:13 PM
but then again if they are dead there is only 1 story of what was said

outsideshot23
01-13-2011, 12:14 PM
ya you can in LA.. its more of a problem down there then most places.. I was in baton rouge for awhile and im sorry man but that whole state is just rough

Louisiana_CRX
01-13-2011, 12:15 PM
but then again if they are dead there is only 1 story of what was said

thats how its suppose to end

Louisiana_CRX
01-13-2011, 12:16 PM
ya you can in LA.. its more of a problem down there then most places.. I was in baton rouge for awhile and im sorry man but that whole state is just rough

Baton Rouge is as bad as New Orleans once was....now

MikeyF
01-13-2011, 12:31 PM
ya. really need to have your mind made up what you are going to do given any situation so you know in advance and just hope it never comes. but most of what I have read you can only use it if they have a weapon or directly threaten your life or you can use it to stop a crime of rape, kidnapping etc.. and then of course protecting your home.. but really thats about it..

I am PRETTY sure, not 100%, but pretty sure that you can't use your pistol to stop another crime. I mean, in hindsight, you may be let go because of your actions as trying to be a hero, but I am pretty sure the law says you can not use it to stop another crime. But again, I don't have my permit yet, so I am not 100% sure. Detroit is pretty rough as well. Downtown and Midtown are nothing but beautiful, but going to the inner city on the eastside, shiz is like a whole nother country.

RFCV
01-13-2011, 09:16 PM
ya.. really need to have your mind made up what you are going to do given any situation so you know in advance and just hope it never comes.

The thing is adrenaline & emotions come into play if and when the situation ever does come.. so the outcome is really unpredictable even if you have thought it out as to what you will do.

carlosg_313
01-13-2011, 09:48 PM

i really would not want to do that. if i was going to shoot, i will shoot to kill. cops ask what happen, i would just say "officer, this person was trying to attack me, i was in fear of my life, and i did what i did to protect myself, my family...etc" they look at the dead guy, cant ask him anything because that lifeless body is on the floor. but if you just wound a robber, or anyone fearing your life, they can come back and take you to civil court and sue you for disability charges and whatnot. it happens a lot. so next time you gonna shoot someone, shoot to kill. even cops will tell you that to save yourself the trouble. BUT, if the person tries to come up with any of your equipment in your vehicle, in your driveway (some states prohibit shooting robbers on the driveway), a decision goes into place, a $500 deductable from the insurance, or a $5000 or more charge for lawers fees, court fees and all that while trying to clear your name in court. something ppl have to think about. even the deceased family can sue the shooter(in most cases, homeowners). ***** but thats how our ****** system works

inkdigger
04-19-2011, 09:26 PM

It's a pretty gray area. It was explained to me like this, never shoot someone in the back...you will go to Jail. If someone is breaking into your car, you have every right to confront them, if there is any indication of aggression from the perp, or you "feel" at all intimidated, you can shoot them, in the front, at close proximity. Basically, grab them, hit them or whatever, make sure they hit, push, grab you in the scuffle, then shoot them in self defense......!

Buck
04-19-2011, 09:30 PM
That's the alarm I had, just stock alarm now. Make your box heavy enough and no one can steal **** from you :fyi:

MONSONwarrior
04-19-2011, 09:35 PM

dammit.. I'm moving to Baton Rouge in 3 months..

gunz4me2
04-23-2011, 07:41 AM
dammit.. I'm moving to Baton Rouge in 3 months..

My only advice for you is to buy a gun, or 3 once you move there!

CRXBMPN
04-23-2011, 08:22 AM
or move to Maine where its "the most peaceful state in the country" :eek:

MONSONwarrior
04-26-2011, 11:31 AM
My only advice for you is to buy a gun, or 3 once you move there!

I think LSU might frown upon that..

Phoenix Risen
04-26-2011, 11:58 AM
true. You really have to read read read to be sure when yo use it. Lots of the lines are blurry. and you would be surprised. The class I took they had to shoot one shot out of a .22 hand gun and hit a 2' by 2' box from about 6' away. They give permits to anyone.

thats scary. in ohio its a 8 hour class and 4 hours on the range. we went through around 150 rounds each. and the standards for ohio are going to be going up again in the next year or two.

its sad that some states dont actually take the time to teach people.

also in ohio laws were just passed/are being passed that make it legal to use your weapon to defend yourself and your property. as well as being allowed to carry your weapon into places that have class d liquor licenses as long as you are not consuming any alcohol.

Dastopper
06-20-2011, 08:26 PM
Im currently in Iraq and we carry a 9mm Beretta. And people talk **** but its dropped every rag head ive shot... controlloed pair to the chest dos the trick... try to shoot right chest or abdomin unless u wanna kill them.

bubbagumper6
06-20-2011, 08:27 PM
Ignorant much...

jaws031
06-28-2011, 04:25 AM
where is the best place to get some piezo sirens from and what add on should i have installed to my 5901viper

RFCV
07-12-2011, 08:31 AM
Where is the best place to get some piezo sirens from?

Search Google (http://www.google.com) for DEI 513T

What add ons should I have installed to my Viper 5901?

There are a few, but the most important are battery back ups.. both battery (DEI 520T or larger) & siren (DEI 515R). I would highly recommend multiple sirens along with the proper sensors to detect for your specific needs (at least a good shock & pin switches for all entry points).

jaws031
07-17-2011, 01:28 AM
Search Google (http://www.google.com) for DEI 513T

There are a few, but the most important are battery back ups.. both battery (DEI 520T or larger) & siren (DEI 515R). I would highly recommend multiple sirens along with the proper sensors to detect for your specific needs (at least a good shock & pin switches for all entry points).

I have a 82 malibu sedan so can i get sensors put on all four doors to let me know if any of them are open only the two front doors have added power locks. also if you were to up grade the siren that comes with the 5901 what would you recommend? The siren that comes with alarm seams to be puny to me not load enough where can i purchase one from?

RFCV
07-19-2011, 11:13 AM
I have a 82 Malibu Sedan. Can I get sensors put on all four doors to let me know if any of them are open? Only the two front doors have added power locks.

Yes. Usually you just connect to your existing door switches.. either positive or negative ground. There are separate pin switches that are usually used for hood & trunk.

Also.. if you were to upgrade the siren that comes with the 5901 what would you recommend? The siren that comes with alarm seems to be puny to me.. not loud enough. Where can I purchase one from?

I use 30w home security alarm sirens. Sometimes you have to cut with a hacksaw some of the plastic flare to fit. *Use the warble tone

702 | Ademco 30 watt Siren | Home Security Store (http://www.homesecuritystore.com/p-165-702-ademco-30-watt-siren.aspx)

Search Google (http://www.google.com) for 30 watt sirens

RFCV
07-19-2011, 11:19 AM
Also.. if you were to upgrade the siren that comes with the 5901 what would you recommend? The siren that comes with alarm seems to be puny to me.. not loud enough. Where can I purchase one from?

Here is a 'paralyzing' 140dB siren that is the size of a car alarm siren..

http://www.jcwhitney.com/paralyzing-140db-sirens/p2001355.jcwx?filterid=j1#

wickedwitt
07-19-2011, 11:42 AM
Yeah, should have popped a few rounds off into the air. They would have gotten the point :fyi:

Anything those hit could cause you a lawsuit or jail time.

Put the person messing with your car in the dirt. Word will spread and people won't mess with it.