PDA

View Full Version : Dual 6630 Audio Problem

MarkInTombstone
12-11-2010, 08:25 PM
n00bie here and I have a question that you audio guys might be able to help with.

I bought a new Dual 6630 with (USB, Bluetooth, iPod)

I matched all the color wiring to my Jeep GC harness and grounded the head unit chassis as recommended. Go to turn it on and it turns on and all. Lets you program the BT and set the settings. But there's no audio. I don't believe its the head unit cause I exchanged it for another one and same thing, No Audio. I've checked my door jams for wire breaks and found one break. now I know why my passenger window didn't worked. At least thats fixed.

But can anyone tell me what am I missing here? I know that in 96 Jeep put an amp under the back seat to run the speakers but I don't think they installed amps in 93's.

I appreciate any help and advice on this matter. Thanks, Mark

Phoenix Risen
12-11-2010, 09:36 PM
first throw that POS dual in the garbage where it belongs.

and id you just tap directly into your factory harness or did you use a vehicle specific harness?

MarkInTombstone
12-11-2010, 09:44 PM
first throw that POS dual in the garbage where it belongs.

and id you just tap directly into your factory harness or did you use a vehicle specific harness?

LOL @ the POS.

I have the harness with all the purdy colors that came with the Jeep. I could've got a better model but its a daily driver and I off-road. So why pay high end to have the thing rattle apart. The speaker wires are real thin. Do you think the problem could be there?

CL1CKCLACK
12-11-2010, 09:49 PM
Get a new HU

MarkInTombstone
12-11-2010, 09:56 PM
;7389673']Get a new HU

A what?

CL1CKCLACK
12-11-2010, 09:57 PM
A what?

headunit

MarkInTombstone
12-11-2010, 10:11 PM
;7389681']headunit

That's what I thought I got. I don't need anything fancy. Just something that works. Who knows maybe someday I'll get a new car. Until then I don't dump a lot of money in this PoS Jeep. Its just transportation and be able to off road on weekends.

whitedragon551
12-11-2010, 10:26 PM
Did you get a harness that wires up to the headunits harness and then plugs into the vehicles harness or did you just splice the headunit harness directly into the vehicle harness?

MarkInTombstone
12-11-2010, 10:38 PM
Did you get a harness that wires up to the headunits harness and then plugs into the vehicles harness or did you just splice the headunit harness directly into the vehicle harness?

Its the harness that was connected to the Pioneer. I cut those wires and matched the colors to the Dual. And then the twin connector deal connects into the vehicles harness out to the speakers.

MarkInTombstone
12-11-2010, 10:49 PM
Sorry to be an annoyance, but I lack in the electronics field and I have no idea what this stuff means as in the book specs. The book says speaker output>4-8ohms, line output voltage>2 volts RMS. Now keep in mind I think the OEM speakers are still in there. And as far as I see the wires look to be about a 22g(real thin).

plugitin
12-11-2010, 10:51 PM
new hu is in order

MarkInTombstone
12-11-2010, 10:53 PM
new hu is in order

It is a new head unit. And I exchanged it, so this is the 2nd one from the store. How can 2 be bad with same problem?

plugitin
12-11-2010, 10:59 PM
lolz, its a dual. Nuff said.

Phoenix Risen
12-12-2010, 01:16 AM
Its the harness that was connected to the Pioneer. I cut those wires and matched the colors to the Dual. And then the twin connector deal connects into the vehicles harness out to the speakers.
did you try to plug the pioneer harness into the dual hu?

MarkInTombstone
12-12-2010, 02:56 AM
did you try to plug the pioneer harness into the dual hu?

the plugs at the chassis are different

MarkInTombstone
12-12-2010, 03:04 AM
I found an old house speaker to test to see if its the hu and its not. The hu is putting out audio just not to the speakers thru the harness. Now I can either rip the jeep apart and run new wire or track down why its doing it. I cant seem to find the right information online to find out if this year has an amp installed like they did in the 96 models. But no clue about the 93's. I know the previous owner or the dealer was dumb as dirt just from other things I've found wrong with my Jeep. It really wouldn't surprise me one bit that he had an add-on feature.