PDA

View Full Version : How do you play videos on an SD card in a Pioneer head unit?

nags
12-10-2010, 02:42 AM
Just installed a Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD. One of the biggest reasons I chose this head unit was for the SD card. I have a 16GB SD card and I've tried putting 3 different file types on it and so far I can't get any to play. I've looked in the manual and the only mention of anything I see is that it can play .avi files. So I even downloaded the older version of Handbrake and converted a video file to AVI and I still can't get it to play.

Anyone with a Pioneer head unit know the trick?

nags
12-10-2010, 02:48 AM
Now that I read further I see the maximum capacity of the SD card can only be 2GB. Thats BS.

nags
12-10-2010, 03:19 AM
According to the manual; http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/StaticFiles/Manuals/Car/AVH-P5200DVD_OperationManual0114.pdf

Divx files should play.. So now I downloaded DivX Converter and tried that. Still says unplayable format.

nags
12-12-2010, 06:08 PM
I've been trying to encode videos for this thing for like 5 days now, and I'm not having much luck. With an older version of Handbrake I can get them to work, but I lose audio when I skip around in the video. Otherwise, I've had no luck. Anyone out there with a successful method?