PDA

View Full Version : CD Changer Error is stock Monsoon CD player in Pontiac G6

88Keys
12-09-2010, 10:51 PM
http://yfrog.com/jcphotoerhj

My car battery crapped out on my not too long ago, and this apparently happened while I was playing a CD, after I installed the new battery, I got "CD CHANGER ERROR" in the DIC.
I went to a local car audio shop (which happens to be the only place within 50 miles or so) and they told me that it would cost about $350 to have it fixed without really telling me exactly what needed to be done.
At that price, I'm considering taking a stab at it myself. I'm not too familiar with car audio, but I am reasonably skilled with computers and electronics. I've already tried disconnecting the battery (under the hood) and re connecting it to see if it would fix the unit, and no luck. The radio and DIC still work, but the CDs do not. And I don't know what it costs to replace that particular model, but at that price, I'd sure like to know.

I considered getting an aftermarket head unit, but then I'd lose the information in the DIC. Unless there are head units that will display that info I don't know.

If someone here is familiar with this unit or issue, I'd appreciate some help in trying to fix or replace this unit for less than $350.

Thanks you.

daboyfrumdabx
12-09-2010, 11:50 PM
They sell dash kits that will retain/display the DIC. Go to metraonline.com, go to "products" then fill in the info for your car and you'll see it.

88Keys
12-10-2010, 12:01 AM
Will I also be able to change tracks using the sterring wheel buttons, or is that an extra part too?