PDA

View Full Version : 6.5 speakers 6.75 speaker location????

ppi freak
01-30-2004, 01:41 AM
I have a 99 astro van with 6.75 stock speakers in the front doors as well as the rear doors and have focal polyglass6.5 / alpine 6.5 components to install what do i need to do it .i am assuming there is some mounting plate /spacer avalible but i cant find any thing can some one help me out and tell me where to find some thing to help me install my sounds also should i put in foam baffles behind the 6.5s would that have a positive effect?

any input would be greatly appreciated

thanks ppi freak

The Bigest E
01-30-2004, 10:33 AM
I own a 2000 Chevy Astro. Before you look into buying insert rings for your speakers, see if they fit directly. Almost all 6 1/2" speakers are a direct fit for GM 6 3/4" openings. I purchased Alpine, and JBL speakers, all 6 1/2" in size, and they are a direct fit using the speakers solo, no additional mounting brackets were needed.
As for the foam baffels, if they surround the entire back of your speakers, they will drasticaly reduce the Bass output. I would not recommend them, the ones that Crutchfiled sells the XTC foam baffles, will rob you of your bass output.
I ordered Fat Mat sound deading, and I am currently installing it onto all of my doors. A sound deadener would do a much better job, than foam baffles. IMO.