PDA

View Full Version : New forum feature: Spy

CarAudio.com Admin
12-01-2010, 12:14 PM
Now you can see in realtime without reloading the page, all new threads, posts, new user registrations, etc. from Car Audio Forum - CarAudio.com Spy (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/spy.php).

Keep in mind that even though it might seem to hang for a little while, it's still showing everything in realtime.

This page is accessible from the navbar, under the "Community" tab, then "Spy" link.

Keep in mind you have to be logged in to the forum, to see new posts in The Thunderdome, since its a member-only forum.

Bumpin' Goalie
12-01-2010, 12:19 PM
Could be fun. Thanks.

whitedragon551
Cool. Now lets fix the search function.

Bumpin' Goalie
Test was successful. ;)

LazyRider
12-01-2010, 12:20 PM
Pics in the Dome yet?

CarAudio.com Admin
12-01-2010, 12:24 PM
Search fix is really soon, I hope. A update came out last week, that might work. Will try it out probably this week or next. Will take a little forum downtime however.

bubbagumper6
12-01-2010, 12:33 PM
Whats up with all the censorship now? I mean, we can't even say "s u c k s" anymore?

Bassin Buick
12-01-2010, 12:37 PM
Whats up with all the censorship now? I mean, we can't even say "s u c k s" anymore?
i noticed that too. :[

CarAudio.com Admin
12-01-2010, 12:38 PM
Pics in the Dome yet?

:santa:

CarAudio.com Admin
12-01-2010, 12:39 PM

Advertisers won't allow it, sorry.

bubbagumper6
12-01-2010, 12:39 PM

Kind of messed up that your changing the rules of the forum just to please the advertisers...just sayin

Bassin Buick
12-01-2010, 12:40 PM
Makes sense , gotta appease the pockets. No advertisers means no forum.

Bassin Buick
12-01-2010, 12:42 PM
Hey goob , i know your prolly busy but did you get the PM i sent you?

pro-rabbit
12-01-2010, 12:47 PM
Kind of messed up that your changing the rules of the forum just to please the advertisers...just sayin

If you would like this forum to be a paid membership then your opinion on rules that pertain to advertisement and their ideas would matter. However, you want everything for free. So you must deal with it.

I would have made the same call, if I had been in the same position as Goob.

hatedonmostly
12-01-2010, 12:51 PM
He could make the Thunderdome allow pics and swearing, considering it's a member only forum...

bubbagumper6
12-01-2010, 12:52 PM
If you would like this forum to be a paid membership then your opinion on rules that pertain to advertisement and their ideas would matter. However, you want everything for free. So you must deal with it.

I would have made the same call, if I had been in the same position as Goob.

When did I say that?

pro-rabbit
12-01-2010, 12:53 PM
He could make the Thunderdome allow pics and swearing, considering it's a member only forum...

Only if the companies would agree to it. If they don't then no , he could not.

pro-rabbit
12-01-2010, 12:54 PM
When did I say that?

Just figured as many on the forums you would not pay for membership rights.

Depending on price, it would not bother me what so ever. Maybe have a few different levels of membership to compensate for all users.

bubbagumper6
12-01-2010, 12:55 PM
Just figured as many on the forums you would not pay for membership rights.

Depending on price, it would not bother me what so ever. Maybe have a few different levels of membership to compensate for all users.

Well you know what they say about making assumptions...

pro-rabbit
12-01-2010, 12:57 PM
Well you know what they say about making assumptions...

In most cases I would agree with you. However, you are in a vast minority on this forum if you are truly willing to pay. I would say as low as 2-5% and that is a bit on the high side.

Sorry, if I offended you I suppose.

CarAudio.com Admin
12-01-2010, 12:58 PM

I agree to an extent, but some of the advertisers have pretty strick guidelines to follow, or you're done for. A lot of retail transactions go on on this site, so it's also best to keep it as professional as possible, with least amount of obscenities.

whitedragon551
12-01-2010, 01:00 PM
Only if the companies would agree to it. If they don't then no , he could not.

Actually he can. Google doesnt have access to it since its members only. Notice how there arent google spiders in there like there used to be.

pro-rabbit
12-01-2010, 01:05 PM
Actually he can. Google doesnt have access to it since its members only. Notice how there arent google spiders in there like there used to be.
Ah, good point there.

All though, it has been my thoughts that to stay consistent is better then to not be. I don't see much of a reason for the need to have obscene language or nudity on the site personally. The content censorship though does affect me one way or the other really. Just a point that can be argued from both sides. In the end, it is up to the MAN and not any of us.

whitedragon551
12-01-2010, 01:08 PM
Ah, good point there.

All though, it has been my thoughts that to stay consistent is better then to not be. I don't see much of a reason for the need to have obscene language or nudity on the site personally. The content censorship though does affect me one way or the other really. Just a point that can be argued from both sides. In the end, it is up to the MAN and not any of us.

The forum settings allow certain settings for each section. The TDome could get images and profanity back while prohibiting and censoring it from other areas. The only ones who would see it are the members that post in the TDome. That way any user (such as yourself) that doesnt like it doesnt have to read it if they choose not to. Its really a simple concept.

CarAudio.com Admin
12-01-2010, 01:09 PM
Actually I don't know of a way to disallow the word censor forum specific.

pro-rabbit
12-01-2010, 01:17 PM
I agree with all sides of it. I can see were there would be the need for a NSFW part of the TDome if he decided to figure it all out.

bubbagumper6
12-01-2010, 01:41 PM
I agree to an extent, but some of the advertisers have pretty strick guidelines to follow, or you're done for. A lot of retail transactions go on on this site, so it's also best to keep it as professional as possible, with least amount of obscenities.

Makes sense, glad you took a minute to actually explain it, thanks.

It would be nice if we could at least get some more relaxed rules in the dome though :)
(If possible)

AlterEgo99
12-01-2010, 04:07 PM
My dome needs pics and the ******* emoticon back please.

power-fanatic07
12-01-2010, 04:21 PM
We can't say p.anties either. :laugh: Seriously, p.anties. We are in kindergarten again.

On topic, new feature is cool though.

AlterEgo99
12-01-2010, 07:09 PM
I'm still laughing about the fact that the ******* emoticon is filtered...what a ********.

Mitch86
12-01-2010, 07:16 PM
there was no nazi advertisers for the first 5 years I frequented this forum. the forum stayed afloat, we had freedom of speech. (to an extent) I say drop the nazi advertisers and get some new ones. Its ridiculous to censor the forums imo.

AlterEgo99
12-01-2010, 07:31 PM
Welcome to the wonderful world of progressive, liberal, Obamaland! :clap:

DBBOOM
12-01-2010, 07:34 PM
lol at all the goob azz-kissin........................................

CarAudio.com Admin
12-01-2010, 07:53 PM
:boobiez: Enough whining today.

MikeofTulsa
12-03-2010, 02:30 PM
there was no nazi advertisers for the first 5 years I frequented this forum. the forum stayed afloat, we had freedom of speech. (to an extent) I say drop the nazi advertisers and get some new ones. Its ridiculous to censor the forums imo.

kinda hard to get rid of google.

MikeofTulsa
12-03-2010, 02:30 PM
fyi, I love the spy feature.