PDA

View Full Version : stubbs536 is a scammer

CL1CKCLACK
11-23-2010, 04:17 AM
So a while ago i sold him my 100% working, great condition DC Level 4. I have plenty of refs over here, and other sites, never had a single issue and this guy, with <100 posts decides to try and scam me. According to him, the coil has been fried and he has tried to file a claim again my with paypal. well ive got pics of the coils, and everything needed. just wanted to let everyone over here know what kind of POS he is. And not only that, but he is also trying to trade the sub for a xbox360 here (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/miscellaneous-classifieds/495670-fs-t-mint-xbox-360-slim-250g-w-games-accessories.html). serpent, be careful. because either way he is scamming someone. according to him the sub has been fried, which is complete BS. or he is obviously scamming me trying to get a free sub.

*SlappinAzz*
11-23-2010, 04:30 AM
hmmmm cool story. homie.

CL1CKCLACK
11-23-2010, 04:32 AM
yea, just thought i would let ppl know what kind of person he is before they deal with him and hope paypal rules in my favor

Bassin Buick
11-23-2010, 04:33 AM
wuz up slappin??? the **** you been up to??

*SlappinAzz*
11-23-2010, 04:35 AM
wuz up slappin??? the **** you been up to??

smoking dope.

Bassin Buick
11-23-2010, 04:36 AM
man i told you about that ****. LOL

CL1CKCLACK
11-23-2010, 02:35 PM

infamous_e46
11-23-2010, 02:36 PM
http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/8030/paintwv.jpg

CL1CKCLACK
11-23-2010, 09:01 PM
hopin he has SOMETHING to say...

power-fanatic07
11-23-2010, 09:03 PM
Thats fucked man, at least you aren't out any monies.

CL1CKCLACK
11-23-2010, 09:05 PM
well... i will be out 240 and a sub if paypal rules in his favor, and the fvcker will get a free sub! fvcking hate people like that.
teaches me to deal with noobs huh?

matt_bennett05
11-23-2010, 09:08 PM
I was a lucky one fortunately starting here.... all transactions went well in the few I had... hate sending first but hey it helped me start building a rep...

CL1CKCLACK
11-23-2010, 09:14 PM
I was a lucky one fortunately starting here.... all transactions went well in the few I had... hate sending first but hey it helped me start building a rep...

say what?

stubbs563
11-24-2010, 12:01 AM
In your post, you say, "I've got a like new DC audio level 4 15 inch sub sale." When i revieced the sub in the mail and inspected the subwoofer. I checked the coil to see if it had been clipped, and upon further inspection, to say the least, the coil was blacker than a slave ship. Thus not being new, but used, abused, and pushed hard. You should have posted in your post that the coil was blackened and not like new. I tried to resolve this with you but you would not take the sub back.

stubbs563
11-24-2010, 12:02 AM
I am not trying to scam you , i simply am trying to get what i paid for. A LIKE NEW DC SOUND LABS LEVEL 4 SUBWOOFER.

infamous_e46
11-24-2010, 12:48 AM
stfu scammer

revrider1
11-24-2010, 12:52 AM
Interesting...

CL1CKCLACK
11-24-2010, 12:55 AM
Yea you say the coil was black? even though i know for a fact that it was perfect when i shipped it to you. i have done many deals on this forum, and never once had an issue. and you think, someone who has been on here for a month or two, and has zero refs is gonna change that and scam me? dont think so. and even if what you said is true, that the coil is black, your still trying to trade the sub off to another member.. no matter how you look at it your a scammer. either scamming me, which you are. or scamming serpant trying to trade a sub to him like that.

stubbs563
11-24-2010, 02:50 AM
I asked for interest in it. I would have told him straight up what was up with the sub...Unlike you, trying to avoid the fact that it had glue on it in the first place.... Hmm... forgot about that one didn't ya?

CL1CKCLACK
11-24-2010, 02:53 AM
Actually, I found out about the glue at the same time you did. if i recall correctly i sent you pics of it all the morning i recieved it. and when i got it off the surround, i told you that. and that there was a few small spots on the cone that i couldnt get off. this was all prior to the payment being sent smarta$$

stubbs563
11-24-2010, 02:55 AM
Also tell me why when I asked for a refund you refused You say i am a scammer and nothing has been stolen, nor have you been ripped off, if i won the paypal case i would send you the sub back. If you read it says refund is given upon delivery. So i still don't understand this? I said the coil was not like new and was black, i never said the sub didn't work.

*SlappinAzz*
11-24-2010, 02:57 AM
I asked for interest in it. I would have told him straight up what was up with the sub...Unlike you, trying to avoid the fact that it had glue on it in the first place.... Hmm... forgot about that one didn't ya?

joined September 2010, 76 posts...........Get your motherfucking scamming, phony *** out of here ya line *** hoe.

stubbs563
11-24-2010, 02:58 AM
How am i lying? your flaming me when nothing has happened?

*SlappinAzz*
11-24-2010, 02:59 AM
actually, i just felt the need to say that just for sh1ts n giggles. Im nuetral in this thread.

CL1CKCLACK
11-24-2010, 03:00 AM
Also tell me why when I asked for a refund you refused You say i am a scammer and nothing has been stolen, nor have you been ripped off, if i won the paypal case i would send you the sub back. If you read it says refund is given upon delivery. So i still don't understand this? I said the coil was not like new and was black, i never said the sub didn't work.

yea, doesnt mean you have to send my sub back, or any sub for that matter. just a package similar in weight. plus you wanted me to cover shipping both ways. im not spending 70 dollars to ship a sub back and forth that you may or may not have messed up at this point, considering you said it was getting stinky off 500w you obviously dont know what you are doing.

stubbs563
11-24-2010, 03:03 AM
So how have i scammed you?

CL1CKCLACK
11-24-2010, 03:06 AM
So how have i scammed you?

by lying about the condition of the sub. i did not, i repeat DID NOT send the sub with a black coil, and even if the coil is black, now that you have had it for a few week. i dont want it back. who knows what you did to it in the 3 weeks. and how do you plan on even trying to trade the sub to anyone for anything if your gonna have to send it back to me?

LazyRider
11-24-2010, 03:10 AM
post pics of when you shipped it and scammer post pics of it now :fyi:

CL1CKCLACK
11-24-2010, 03:11 AM
which pics of the sub?

stubbs563
11-24-2010, 03:12 AM
The claim would have been canceled if i would have even said i was going to trade. I never traded it. Your flaming me for NO reason at all. You jumped the gun before anything has happened... The coil was black when i received it i told you that when i pulled it out of the box. So how could i have had time to hook it up, completely blackened the coil and still tell you about it within hours 0f receiving it?

LazyRider
11-24-2010, 03:13 AM
which pics of the sub?

Pics of the coils if you have them. Then the scammer should post pics of the coil currently.

power-fanatic07
11-24-2010, 03:18 AM
Just a FYI, just because the coil isn't all shiny and orange doesn't mean the **** is blown.

CL1CKCLACK
11-24-2010, 03:18 AM
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa257/cl1ckclack/IMAG0004.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa257/cl1ckclack/IMAG0007.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa257/cl1ckclack/IMAG0008.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa257/cl1ckclack/IMAG0009.jpg
http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/aa257/cl1ckclack/IMAG0010.jpg

CL1CKCLACK
11-24-2010, 03:30 AM
and even tho he has been telling me the sub is messed up, i have yet to see pictures, and he also did not send pictures to paypal of the coil when they requested it. it wouldnt surprise me at all if he never put pics

CL1CKCLACK
11-24-2010, 03:32 AM
and power, commenting on your original post, that you soon after edited. lol he was claiming the sub was getting stinky off 500w. obviously the kid doesnt know what the h3ll he is doing.

CL1CKCLACK
11-24-2010, 07:00 PM
you sir, are a scammer. have a nice day

stubbs563
11-24-2010, 10:38 PM
I will get pics up after the holiday weekend, sorry i have been busy with college and working full time. I have to work for the things I buy, and when i purchased a LIKE NEW sub woofer, I expected it to be like new cosmetically, which it was not (the coil was not the color of a like new sub, unless that color is black....) When I sold my old SSD, i sold it like new, because the cone looked new cosmetically, and the bronze colored coil looked like it had just come out of the box, unlike the one I recieved, it looked like the inside of a chimney. cl1ckclack, you are just trying to use the fact that you have more posts than me, and have done other deals to make everyone think that I am the scammer because I am newer and have only bought through one person, CahmRohn. CahmRohn had told me the cosmetic issues that his sundown SAZ-1500D had before i bought it, when i received it....it looked better than expected. I commented to him on this and our deal was fine. But when i buy something thats like new....it should be like new. I asked for a refund, and i would send you the sub back. you refused. i opened a pay pal claim. < howwww ddddiiiiiddddd iiiiiii ssssccccaaaaammmmm yyyyyoooouuuuuu??????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????

CL1CKCLACK
11-24-2010, 10:41 PM
coil wasnt black when i sent it to you :fyi: mr "why is the coil getting stinky on 500w?"

lol idiot

CL1CKCLACK
11-24-2010, 10:42 PM
i asked you for pics 2 weeks ago. im a full time student as well. you couldnt find 5 minutes to snap a few pics? lol okay ill give you another week of playing the sub to make the coil worse. no problem

chillin
11-24-2010, 10:44 PM
Start act two :popcorn:

-01limited-
11-24-2010, 11:02 PM
:popcorn:

stubbs563
11-24-2010, 11:13 PM
Well sometimes when you come home from a 12 hour day...ripping your **** out of your car doesn't seem the slightest bit appealing especially when you just put it in. I mean people with REAL JOBS and take college courses full time would probably feel where i'm coming from. But you cannot understand that. I will get you pictures when i get you pictures. How does that sound? Or do i need to bring some cheese if your bringing more wine?

Firebird 1991
11-24-2010, 11:15 PM
For one cl1ckclack stubbs isnt tryin to scam you or anyone for that matter. and I can vouch for this kid and the coil was BLACK (i was there the day it arrived) so dont try to sit here and lie your a$$ off to everyone to make yourself look better in this situation. Man up, grow some hair and balls, and admit the coil was black. ( CA.coms youngest for you) BAHAHA

CL1CKCLACK
11-24-2010, 11:16 PM
Well sometimes when you come home from a 12 hour day...ripping your **** out of your car doesn't seem the slightest bit appealing especially when you just put it in. I mean people with REAL JOBS and take college courses full time would probably feel where i'm coming from. But you cannot understand that. I will get you pictures when i get you pictures. How does that sound? Or do i need to bring some cheese if your bringing more wine?

lmao. its actually whine mr college student. :fyi: and im pretty sure this whole thing started because someone was whining. personally i cant believe your going to use the sub for a month then plan to ship it back to me.

CL1CKCLACK
11-24-2010, 11:18 PM
For one cl1ckclack stubbs isnt tryin to scam you or anyone for that matter. and I can vouch for this kid and the coil was BLACK (i was there the day it arrived) so dont try to sit here and lie your a$$ off to everyone to make yourself look better in this situation. Man up, grow some hair and balls, and admit the coil was black. ( CA.coms youngest for you) BAHAHA

:thumbcool: too bad i already posted pics where you can see that the coil is fine. and its been what 3 weeks of him using the sub now? and he continues to use it while he tries to file a claim about it?

stubbs563
11-24-2010, 11:20 PM
cheese and wine? oh you probably lack the class to have ever tried that. i should have dumbed it down for you. If you would like me to not give a **** while you ***** about trying to scam me more then it can happen.

CL1CKCLACK
11-24-2010, 11:23 PM
how are you still using the sub if it gets stinky off 500w like you claim it does? better yet why are you still using while filing a claim?

stubbs563
11-24-2010, 11:26 PM
I'm not, don't have my amp hooked up bud.

CL1CKCLACK
11-24-2010, 11:28 PM

what i dont understand, is why you used it at all after you already filed a claim against me.

pro-rabbit
11-24-2010, 11:40 PM

What happened to your amp?

stubbs563
11-24-2010, 11:50 PM
I unhooked it from the sub. It is in fine working order.

pro-rabbit
11-25-2010, 12:02 AM
I'm just wondering why it has taken so long to get pics of the sub. I'm a student and full time job. I find time to deal with things. Also, what amp were you using, box size/tuning? Not taking sides but all this plays a huge part in the situation.

SilveyPuck08v2
11-25-2010, 12:03 AM
shits gettin real in this bish

DTPnU
11-25-2010, 12:51 AM
Was this the DC LVL4 15" that was traded from SPY->MHD2000->Clickclickboom(you)?

Boy, what you can find on photobuckets (MHD2000). Whats the white marks? Coil looks dark too maybe?
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo30/mdaefflerjr/th_P1010212.jpg (http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo30/mdaefflerjr/?action=view&current=P1010212.jpg)

The sub prior to getting played by Clickclickboom
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo30/mdaefflerjr/th_P1010217.jpg (http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo30/mdaefflerjr/?action=view&current=P1010217.jpg)
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo30/mdaefflerjr/th_P1010219.jpg (http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo30/mdaefflerjr/?action=view&current=P1010219.jpg)
http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo30/mdaefflerjr/th_P1010228.jpg (http://s358.photobucket.com/albums/oo30/mdaefflerjr/?action=view&current=P1010228.jpg)

audiophile831
11-25-2010, 01:37 AM
shits gettin real in this bish

x2

chillin
11-25-2010, 01:56 AM
Its almost time for Act 3:veryhapp:

stubbs563
11-25-2010, 02:41 AM
Pro - i couldnt quote, but it was only run on a saz-1500 at half gain no bass boost , 4.5cuft 32hz tuned all ~ approximative and not totally exact (besides the saz of course).

DTP - Thats what the coil looks like pre-excursion, and if you push up its black.

As for taking it out and getting pics, will do it this weekend, i take 16 credit ours and usually stay late at my job cleaning and such, and have to go home and eather work on a paper or study. School is more important to me than this. I have to take both my amps out, my crossovers, and my back seat to get my box out. These are the reasons i have not gotten pics. Like I said I will get pics this weeekend and they will be of the coil unlike all of the pics Clickclack posted.

CL1CKCLACK
11-25-2010, 03:41 AM
Yea, DTP thats the sub. and stubbs was fully aware of the small white spots that i couldnt get off of the cone when i was cleaning it up. believe it or not. but that coil looks exactly the same as the BNIB dc level 4 10 i bought from rusty. not all coils are the same colors.

CL1CKCLACK
11-25-2010, 03:42 AM
Pro - i couldnt quote, but it was only run on a saz-1500 at half gain no bass boost , 4.5cuft 32hz tuned all ~ approximative and not totally exact (besides the saz of course).

DTP - Thats what the coil looks like pre-excursion, and if you push up its black.

As for taking it out and getting pics, will do it this weekend, i take 16 credit ours and usually stay late at my job cleaning and such, and have to go home and eather work on a paper or study. School is more important to me than this. I have to take both my amps out, my crossovers, and my back seat to get my box out. These are the reasons i have not gotten pics. Like I said I will get pics this weeekend and they will be of the coil unlike all of the pics Clickclack posted.

4.5 cubes? thats freakin huge!

CL1CKCLACK
11-25-2010, 03:45 AM
and just so everyone knows. i never installed the sub into my car. that pic of the coil, that DTP found was exactly how he got it. Not black. i traded the sub to MHD2k at the beginning of the summer, back when i was in NH. then went to visit my dad for the entire summer. at the end of the summer i went back, some family stuff came up. and i ended up moving to NM for good before i could install it. The sub spent its entire life with me either in my aunts garage, or in transit from NH, to NM, then to where ever stubbs lives

Bad4health
11-25-2010, 03:46 AM
never keep money just sitting in paypal for that reason

CL1CKCLACK
11-25-2010, 03:47 AM
i didnt leave it sitting in there, thank god. now my account just says im -2xx

DTPnU
11-25-2010, 12:40 PM
and just so everyone knows. i never installed the sub into my car. that pic of the coil, that DTP found was exactly how he got it. Not black. i traded the sub to MHD2k at the beginning of the summer, back when i was in NH. then went to visit my dad for the entire summer. at the end of the summer i went back, some family stuff came up. and i ended up moving to NM for good before i could install it. The sub spent its entire life with me either in my aunts garage, or in transit from NH, to NM, then to where ever stubbs lives
I just find it funny how it went from SPY to MHD2000 to you and its never been installed/played. The coil has white marks on it like it was rubbing on something. Here are the threads. Im sure someone can search through CACO and here and find out if its been played or not by anyone who has owned it.

[SOLD] FS DC LVL4 15's - Car Audio Classifieds (http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40994&highlight=lvl4)

[Traded]DC Level 4 15" - Car Audio Classifieds (http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=46102)

CL1CKCLACK
11-25-2010, 02:14 PM
If only i could go read those threads. :( i checked thoroughly for coil rub though, since i never played the sub. Pushed down on the cone many times listening for any kinds of noise

Wildbillpb
11-25-2010, 03:02 PM
Coil looks like the inside of a chimney? You must see some clean chimneys I dont see it. Also after you saw the coil why did you even put it on power? In the amount of time you put it on "500w" you could have taken a dated time and picture of the coil and you would be in the right. Not taking sides, ***** when stuff happens when you are so far away from eachother. All you have when trying to get justice is a forum full of objective people and two people with good storys. To me the coil in the first one wasn't black in the one DTP posted it looks like it has a black ring but I'm on an iPhone, it definitely doesnt look like the inside of a chimney. Do what I do, buy something when it comes in the mail you take your phone out start a video of you walking up to the package, opening it, and inspecting it. There is no better way to destroy someones lies then to have a video like that. There is nothing they could say after that.

DonH
11-25-2010, 03:18 PM
man this thread is one cluster ****! first off you have a 12" sub in 4.5ft^3 you a ******* retard! second, how long have you had the sub? if you inspected it before hand (your friend with the faggy green firebird in his ava) and found the coil black why in the hell would you use it? I would have contacted seller asap! second POST **** PICS! HOW HARD IS THAT! you just keep going on and on without your proof! and BTW this coil is a RW copper coil correct? if so they have a red/black hue then when used turn darker. just an FYI. as far as white marks on the coil YOU probably made them idiot! ITS IN 4.5FT^3! bottoming out much?
OP you have every right to call him a scammer UNTIL he post supporting evidence.
Scammer, you a POS scammer :fyi:
my .02

CL1CKCLACK
11-25-2010, 03:22 PM
man this thread is one cluster ****! first off you have a 12" sub in 4.5ft^3 you a ******* retard! second, how long have you had the sub? if you inspected it before hand (your friend with the faggy green firebird in his ava) and found the coil black why in the hell would you use it? I would have contacted seller asap! second POST **** PICS! HOW HARD IS THAT! you just keep going on and on without your proof! and BTW this coil is a RW copper coil correct? if so they have a red/black hue then when used turn darker. just an FYI. as far as white marks on the coil YOU probably made them idiot! ITS IN 4.5FT^3! bottoming out much?
OP you have every right to call him a scammer UNTIL he post supporting evidence.
Scammer, you a POS scammer :fyi:
my .02

its a 15.. lol but that box is still to big for a dc sub. they like smaller boxes. i was planning on putting it into a 3-3.25 cf box. and that was exactly like i was thinking. for all i know he has been using the sub for the past 3 weeks. beating the ***** out of it, so when he does ship it back it is no good anymore.

thanks for clearing up everything i had been thinking and the reason for making the thread. as far as im concerned now. the pics are pointless. he has had the sub in his possession for 3 weeks. who knows what he has done to it.

CL1CKCLACK
11-25-2010, 03:24 PM
can someone active on caco post the pics from spys fs thread? because i know for a fact he would never sell anything bad. and has MANY refs. if the coil looks the same as it does in my pics that should prove that that is how it should be..

BlactimusCrime
11-25-2010, 03:35 PM
can someone active on caco post the pics from spys fs thread? because i know for a fact he would never sell anything bad. and has MANY refs. if the coil looks the same as it does in my pics that should prove that that is how it should be..

I agree.. I've dealt with Spy, He's a great guy to deal with.

pro-rabbit
11-25-2010, 05:30 PM
My concern would be that it was installed and used after you said you saw what you think to be a damaged coil. In my eyes you forfeited your ability for a full refund after you used the subwoofer. Not saying this could not be worked out, but just not a 100% refund.

DTPnU
11-25-2010, 06:00 PM
SPY doesnt have any photos of the coil, so it would be a waste to post the photos. MHD2000 has pictures of a "dark" coil (thats questionable though, but to me it looks darker than something advertised as mint) and the coil with white marks on it (which is not questionable at all). Now, he didnt post that photo in the for sale adds, so was he hiding something? Who knows. MHD2000 has a history of half-truths, which is why he is a prohibited seller on CACO. It sounds to me like he traded it away after getting it from SPY and now the next two owners of the woofer suffer because of whatever he did with it while it was in his possession.

But Stubbs, post the photos. It takes 5 minutes.

Wildbillpb
11-25-2010, 06:16 PM
SPY doesnt have any photos of the coil, so it would be a waste to post the photos. MHD2000 has pictures of a "dark" coil (thats questionable though, but to me it looks darker than something advertised as mint) and the coil with white marks on it (which is not questionable at all). Now, he didnt post that photo in the for sale adds, so was he hiding something? Who knows. MHD2000 has a history of half-truths, which is why he is a prohibited seller on CACO. It sounds to me like he traded it away after getting it from SPY and now the next two owners of the woofer suffer because of whatever he did with it while it was in his possession.

But Stubbs, post the photos. It takes 5 minutes.

Stubbs said black as a chimney. That coil from the pictures is not this. Also the coils being somewhat dark has been explained and can still be considered a mint woofer. Like new is a pretty broad term anyway. I've seen people have a "like new" woofer with scratches on the basket. Doesn't mean that it doesn't play like new and isn't still stiff or won't last as long. This kid is all caught up on things cosmetically that were in the pictures. Like new is still not brand new, it sounds to me this kid wanted brand new for used prices and he thought he found that and changed his mind when it didn't still smell like Rustys sweaty palms had just touched it.

Wingsfreak9
11-25-2010, 06:34 PM
im takin clickclacks side on this one. just because the coil is black doesnt mean it wont work. and from the pics...coil looks fine. and if your running it half gain on a 1500d chances are you are over powering it anyway. jacka$$.

candeshop407
11-25-2010, 07:33 PM
problem is if he found a black coil...why even put it in a box. if you have a complaint that you feel is legit the subwoofer should have had pictures taken and stayed in your house(or campus housing) in the box it was shipped in. not put in your car and put on power. half gain doesnt mean anything (if you have 9v of rca input) then you are clipping the signal and it will get stinky. gain isnt a volume knob its to set equal to your rca input voltage.

Wildbillpb
11-25-2010, 08:08 PM
I am going to go through and drop the SAZ-1000D, SAE-1200D, SAZ-1500D, SAZ-2000D, SAZ-3000D, and SAZ-3500D in the Jeep and do a power clamp test so we have a rough and UNIFORM comparison between the amps in the same setup.

Test Frequency - 50 Hz
Test Load - 4x SA-12s all in parallel for 0.4375 DCR (1/2 nominal)
Test Electrical - 6x Stinger SPV-70 + 225-Amp Alternator (vehicle only at idle)

Amp gain set to 1/2 - Head Unit Sub Control 10/10 - Head Unit Volume 50/50

Setting gain to half on each amp is, of course, not an exact match... but for the sake of roughly comparing the amps I think it serves the purpose.

http://www.sundownaudio.com/misc/_AMP_POWER/CIMG2496.JPG
---------------

SAZ-1500D:

http://www.sundownaudio.com/misc/_AMP_POWER/1500D/CIMG2495.JPG

POWER : 1970 Watts
AMP VOLTAGE (measured) : 49.25 V
AMP CURRENT (calculated) : 40 A
ACTUAL IMPEDANCE (calculated) : 1.23 ohms
SUPPLY VOLTAGE : 12.85 V

http://www.sundownaudio.com/misc/_AMP_POWE...0D/CIMG2493.MOV (http://www.sundownaudio.com/misc/_AMP_POWER/1500D/CIMG2493.MOV)
* Power Clamp

http://www.sundownaudio.com/misc/_AMP_POWE...0D/CIMG2494.MOV (http://www.sundownaudio.com/misc/_AMP_POWER/1500D/CIMG2494.MOV)
* Voltage Measurement

---------------

Man he must have been running 4 ohms to be only doing 500w and when the coil got smelly... Cause those things put out power. Half gain at 1.23 ohms it put out almost 2k.

kushy_dreams
11-25-2010, 11:07 PM
I just read through this and I'm gonna have to side with the plaintiff click clack. If this was really important to the defendant, they would have taken pics to back up his case to paypal and in general. If the sub was getting "500rms" on "half gain" and was smelly, whoever installed the gear just needs to put down the tools and walk away from car audio for the rest of their life.

**** scammers

audiophile831
11-26-2010, 01:04 PM
So im guessing clik clak lost the claim w paypal???
Sux considering we never saw any piks of proof from stubbs

CL1CKCLACK
11-26-2010, 04:55 PM
So im guessing clik clak lost the claim w paypal???
Sux considering we never saw any piks of proof from stubbs

No, the claim is still being processed by paypal atm. they have until the middle of December
I just dont understand how they could even consider refunding his money at this point. his story changed in the claim, he said he bought the sub off of ebay, which is a complete lie, and also has yet to prove any evidence that his claims are true. Even though i have added probably a dozen pictures of the sub onto the claim, and probably wrote a page or so explaining why what he was saying isnt the truth

audiophile831
11-26-2010, 11:12 PM
Well even if he claims to have bought it on ebay im sure paypal will ask him for proof on the listing. I guess well have to wait n see. Good luck on this man.. Ur on it so shows u aint hiding anything

CL1CKCLACK
11-26-2010, 11:14 PM
Well even if he claims to have bought it on ebay im sure paypal will ask him for proof on the listing. I guess well have to wait n see. Good luck on this man.. Ur on it so shows u aint hiding anything

With the feedback that ive built on here in the last year? it isnt worth letting some idiot try to ruin it.
and its true, i have nothing to hide. i have put everything out there publicly, unlike stubbs...

power-fanatic07
11-26-2010, 11:16 PM
i didnt leave it sitting in there, thank god. now my account just says im -2xx

That's ******* bullshit. I would be hot.

LazyRider
11-27-2010, 07:07 AM
Lol @ scammer being "too busy" to take pics. Freaking scammer. He should be banned

stubbs563
11-27-2010, 01:50 PM
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac146/nolanpaul02/blackcoil1.jpg

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac146/nolanpaul02/blackcoil2.jpg

http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac146/nolanpaul02/blackcoil3.jpg

stubbs563
11-27-2010, 01:54 PM
Here it is, i can take pictures with my name or get pictures of me taking pictures of the sub if you want?

stubbs563
11-27-2010, 02:02 PM
Also more posts and feedback means nothing, it is just re-assuring a buyer that you wouldn't scam them and says that you have been around for a while, in turn it would make it somewhat easier to scam a buyer. You thought I was a noob because I had no posts on this forum, and you thought it would be an easy scam because i wouldn't know the difference from a black coil and a like new coil. Ive been around the block a few times, I will admit that i am not the smartest one on this forum, but i am no where close to the dumbest. I've seen people like you on other selling forums that post scammer threads because they are the ones trying to scam, and everyone will take their side due to feedback and how long they have been on the forum.

Let me know if there are any more pics that you want.

surreal
11-27-2010, 02:31 PM
Regardless, there is obviously a misconception here. Stubbs doesnt seem to be trying to scam anyone, he has stayed here and cooperated quite well IMHO. The coil does look rather dark.

Also, to Wild, those clamp tests were done at .5 ohm, on a strong electrical and all. Doubtful stubbs has a similar electrical and that he had it full tilt the full time. Id expect ~1000w or so from general half gain setting.

pro-rabbit
11-27-2010, 02:39 PM
Well, why not find a knolledgable person in the area of stubbs to look at the sub/box/amp(settings)? Paypal will not find in his favor on this, but that does not mean they should not reach some kind of agreement.

Annnarbor84
11-27-2010, 02:44 PM

So you are not denying the sub works, just that your racist and dont like black things, to include a coil:laugh:

stubbs563
11-27-2010, 02:49 PM
The sub works. There was no white **** on the coil, it was glue on the cone and he cleaned it off. I do not like black coils when they should be bronze.

Wildbillpb
11-27-2010, 02:50 PM
Also more posts and feedback means nothing, it is just re-assuring a buyer that you wouldn't scam them and says that you have been around for a while, in turn it would make it somewhat easier to scam a buyer. You thought I was a noob because I had no posts on this forum, and you thought it would be an easy scam because i wouldn't know the difference from a black coil and a like new coil. Ive been around the block a few times, I will admit that i am not the smartest one on this forum, but i am no where close to the dumbest. I've seen people like you on other selling forums that post scammer threads because they are the ones trying to scam, and everyone will take their side due to feedback and how long they have been on the forum.

Let me know if there are any more pics that you want.

Everyone is agreeing with him cause you did EVERYTHING wrong. You installed a sub that you knew you were gonna send back when you opened it. The only reason anyone would open a woofer see a black coil and still install it would to be malicious and beat the he'll out of it. You generically put the gain to half "dude bro's I only got the gain at half bro I can still turn it up another half and it would be louder" is what it sounds like you did. Like posted earlier those 1500's did 2k at 12v half gain. If you were sitting higher than that you were giving it even more and in a box that would require less power, being over sized, then more. Then you take DAYS to post pictures of the coil. I know you were off for thanksgiving and the day after and it still took you till today. It doesn't matter if you were enjoying yourself pictures take very little time to take, even if you have to tear stuff out. Normally in a situation like this the person that is trying the least in getting it settled is to blame. So far you are that person. Its uncommon for someone to buy something have something wrong with it and just be like "eh I'll just take pictures in two weeks" normally the person with the claim is the most adamant and gets pictures when asked. Even after questioned about why it was still in your car, you still kept it in there(my guess since there was no pictures till right now I would hope you would take pictures the minute you pulled it out).

Oh and that coil looks like the opposite of what was in click clacks pictures and like click clack said you have had it a very long time and it was installed and even sounds installed wrong. You were so reluctant to take the pictures for so long that I wouldn't doubt you smoked that coil, either before you made the claim or after when you found all the questioning.

Would you mind hooking a DMM up to those coils and taking dated pictures of the ohms and while doing it get a picture of the meter/coil together. Just cover ends so no one can say you used someone elses woofer.
You've done so much wrong so far you don't want to keep doing that. Better yet get a video, of you getting the ohms and an over all view of the subs and a zoom in on the coil. Now I know this sounds like a lot for a busy college student but a 5 min video is nothing and you even have the sub out already as I hope you wouldn't have put it back in.

Annnarbor84
11-27-2010, 02:53 PM
The sub works. There was no white **** on the coil, it was glue on the cone and he cleaned it off. I do not like black coils when they should be bronze.

I am making white of the situation:laugh:

stubbs563
11-27-2010, 02:57 PM
Clickclack never showed pictures of THE COIL, he never sent me pictures of THE COIL, he sent pics of the sub hooked to a dmm. Ill take a video after i eat dinner with my family.

Wildbillpb
11-27-2010, 02:58 PM
Regardless, there is obviously a misconception here. Stubbs doesnt seem to be trying to scam anyone, he has stayed here and cooperated quite well IMHO. The coil does look rather dark.

Also, to Wild, those clamp tests were done at .5 ohm, on a strong electrical and all. Doubtful stubbs has a similar electrical and that he had it full tilt the full time. Id expect ~1000w or so from general half gain setting.

Okay well... The amp was wired to .5 but if you want to go and check it was ran at a certain frequency so they were absolutely sure of the constant imp rise and it was like .83 after all was said and done. They did not have to strong electrical if you notice throughout the test they had volage drop. They had the vehicle off for the tests and more amps went before the 1500 before it was tested. Meaning the batteries were not charged before it was tested therefore the electrical wasn't as great as you think. His box being way bigger than need to I doubt his imp rise is high at all. Also if his electrical is so bad that someone can clamp that amp at 2k on 12v ~ 1 ohm at half gain and he can only get 1k at 12v half gain then he probably dropped voltage so bad that he damaged something. Especially since he doesn't even claim to get 1k he claims 500w, that's some volage drop right there or a guy that doesn't know the capabilities of an amp and blew a woofer.

Wildbillpb
11-27-2010, 02:58 PM
**** double post but I will use this post to address another. Stubbs I saw coil in the picture that he posted and it was dated. Now your claiming that the picture was one you have never seen? Why not say that earlier?

mazdakid
11-27-2010, 03:01 PM
Clickclack never showed pictures of THE COIL, he never sent me pictures of THE COIL, he sent pics of the sub hooked to a dmm. Ill take a video after i eat dinner with my family.

Why would you buy it without seeing a pic of the coil then? since the coil coler is such a big thing to you then you should have asked for pics of it before you bought it.

stubbs563
11-27-2010, 03:04 PM
Lol i didnt blow any woofer *******, it still works. But when my gain is set at half, my deck is @ 35/58, and my sw setting is -10 with my voltage at around 13.8 I would assume that it is no where near 2k lulz.

stubbs563
11-27-2010, 03:08 PM
I had never seen a picture of the coil. I didn't think about it at the time, then when my buddy came over to look at it after i had received it, we inspected it further, then right after that said something to clickclack.

1rockford1
11-27-2010, 03:09 PM
I had never seen a picture of the coil. I didn't think about it at the time, then when my buddy came over to look at it after i had received it, we inspected it further, then right after that said something to clickclack.

meh

Wildbillpb
11-27-2010, 03:11 PM
I'm gonna make another post rather than edit my previous since those who have read it won't read again. The 1500 I checked was actually at 1.23 ohms and 12.1v doing 2k. NOT .5 ohms like someone said earlier and NOT on strong electrical. Stubbs you say you had 13.8 v which would be more voltage which would result in more watts to that woofer. I don't care what you volume knob was at on your radio since you just threw it to half gain instead of actually setting it that amp could have been putting out the power you needed at that level at 1/4 gain.

stubbs563
11-27-2010, 03:11 PM
http://i894.photobucket.com/albums/ac146/nolanpaul02/blackcoil1.jpg

http://i358.photobucket.com/albums/oo30/mdaefflerjr/P1010212.jpg

stubbs563
11-27-2010, 03:13 PM
Looks prett much the same to me, if you'd note that on both pics the coil was not excurted at all. you can see the brown on both from the cone attachment.

Wildbillpb
11-27-2010, 03:17 PM

What I am seeing so far with all rhe shadiness is this. "I saw a picture and it looked great I wanted a BNIB DC lvl 4 15" for the cheaps. I got it opened it inspected it and it was all good. I put it in the box and my friend showed up. I thought I'll just tune the amp later so I hooked it all up put the gain at half and look at my over sized box and was happy. I went to give him a demo so I threw in my sick nasty beats and started wanging on that sub. After minute I didn't think it was loud enough so I upped the gain just a little bit. Hey DC takes way more power than they are rated for right? I mean it is DC! Well I started beating and in all my exciment I didn't notice the smoke. Finally I noticed the smell of burnt coil and by the time I checked it was to late. Now I'm trying to get my money back because I only got a couple of minutes of enjoyment before I blew it."

stubbs563
11-27-2010, 03:20 PM
The sub isn't blown.

power-fanatic07
11-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Point blank you bought the sub USED. Out of all the subs Ive bought on this forum used, I never looked at the coil as looks don't mean ****. If it reads right on the DMM its good to go, throw it in a box and be done with it and stop your ******* bitching.

Firebird 1991
11-27-2010, 03:21 PM
pisses me off more and more that he thinks you blackened the coil like that stubbs563..im still vouchin for u bro cuz i was the one that pulled it out of the box and looked at the coil with u. Ill bring that multimeter over so we can get a reading on the coils for these haters. This thread makes me think twice about alot of ppl on here, scammers or not................

Wildbillpb
11-27-2010, 03:23 PM
Looks prett much the same to me, if you'd note that on both pics the coil was not excurted at all. you can see the brown on both from the cone attachment.

I see more coil in his picture than your above picture. Were you pressing on the cone in the above picture? Also I see enough of the coil in his picture and seeing the full range of your coil it looks like I would see nothing but straight black after the first few rows of windings in his picture, if they were the same, and I don't.

Wildbillpb
11-27-2010, 03:25 PM
pisses me off more and more that he thinks you blackened the coil like that stubbs563..im still vouchin for u bro cuz i was the one that pulled it out of the box and looked at the coil with u. Ill bring that multimeter over so we can get a reading on the coils for these haters. This thread makes me think twice about alot of ppl on here, scammers or not................

Hmmm. Apparently everyone in this thread is a hater for questioning a persons questionable actions. I bet people hate on you for your ballin system as well that is only set at half gain and could still go to full for some more power huh? I hope you weren't the one that set his amp. If you were I would understand where you feel bad for blowing his subs and wanting to help him get money for it.

Firebird 1991
11-27-2010, 03:27 PM
and its funny as fu*k how u guys are bringin up everything little thing to use against stubbs..(box, tuning, amp, school, holiday...get the fu*k outta here with that ****) 4.5 cu.ft at 32hz aint gonna do jack ***** to that sub..give him a break fools

Firebird 1991
11-27-2010, 03:33 PM
didnt set nothin pal...only inspected the sub for him...and if you wanna read back through the 8 pages this kid got nothin but flamed right away. So ya im a little ticked cuz he doesnt have bad intentions at all.

PS: your right stubbs it does make sense y he made a scammer thread right away cuz god forbid if his reputation got messed up from some "NEWB'.....

Wildbillpb
and its funny as fu*k how u guys are bringin up everything little thing to use against stubbs..(box, tuning, amp, school, holiday...get the fu*k outta here with that ****) 4.5 cu.ft at 32hz aint gonna do jack ***** to that sub..give him a break fools

Wow you are hurting more than you are helping. All of that stuff matters ESPECIALLY tuning and what has to do with how a subwoofer could receive a black coil. You should pic your words a little better because right now you sound like the dumb person that speaks about car audio and knows nothing. I hear it time and time again "Man I got the best system you all are just some hating fools."

I'm not trying to upset I'm just pointing put obvious flaws. So far Stubbs has all of them and click clack has none.

Firebird 1991
itd be nice if you guys could come to some kind of agreement as i would think were all grown enough here...

CL1CKCLACK
11-27-2010, 03:34 PM

full of lies, i sent you every picture i have posted in this thread. i mean seriously man? you asked me for 10 pics of the surround and i sent them all

OMFG, are you serious? he didnt even notice the coil until AFTER he was playing it? And he still wants to send the sub he has messed up?

power-fanatic07
11-27-2010, 03:35 PM
And 4.5 cuft for that sub is WAY too big. No wonder the coil is black. DC suggests 3.25 for ported.

Firebird 1991
11-27-2010, 03:35 PM
Im saying for the day he had it in, it made no difference...easy chief, not tryin to flame. ( COIL WAS BLACK WHEN IT ARRIVED..he just hooked it up to see if the sub was blown or not

Wildbillpb
11-27-2010, 03:36 PM
didnt set nothin pal...only inspected the sub for him...and if you wanna read back through the 8 pages this kid got nothin but flamed right away. So ya im a little ticked cuz he doesnt have bad intentions at all.

PS: your right stubbs it does make sense y he made a scammer thread right away cuz god forbid if his reputation got messed up from some "NEWB'.....

I have followed this pretty closely and all I have noticed is someone reluctant to take pictures and installed a "black coiled" woofer that he planned to return, get flammed. Before that the comments were pretty general, not taking sides or people just stating they hated scammers, but still not calling Stubbs one.

Firebird 1991
11-27-2010, 03:38 PM
click clack i was standing in the kitchen when he txted u telling u the coil was black right after we pulled it outta the box. Im not tryin to flame u either just standin behind this guy for wat hes sayin cuz its true *****

CL1CKCLACK
11-27-2010, 03:38 PM

your right, im not gonna let someone who doesnt know a thing about car audio, and his buddy who knows even less come in here, and ruin my reputation forever. because it was only a matter of time before your buddy starts lying to people on here when he sees me trying to sell something, just like he has done the entire time. and im not gonna let someone with zero knowledge get away with costing me 40 dollars to ship the sub to them, have the fvck up, mess up the sub and want their money back. Im a kid too, and not rich. cant afford to let someone throw away my money like that because their incompetent.

CL1CKCLACK
11-27-2010, 03:39 PM
Im saying for the day he had it in, it made no difference...easy chief, not tryin to flame. ( COIL WAS BLACK WHEN IT ARRIVED..he just hooked it up to see if the sub was blown or not

okay buddy, back track to cover up your lies. good job.

Firebird 1991
11-27-2010, 03:40 PM
i do agree he should have made time to get pictures sooner but some ppl are more strapped for time then others. but im out guys..im gonna let click clack and stubbs settle this.

Wildbillpb

Why hook it up when he isn't returning it for being blown he is returning it for being a black coil. A DMM would tell you if it's blown or not. As he stated earlier he had all kinds of stuff behind the installed behind the box he had to move. Why do a complete install to check if a sub is blown? Also why have the volume at half and the gain at half just to check if a sub is blown? Why not gain min volume like 5 as long as it moves it's not blown. Why even install in a box? Again volume 5 gain min and you can see if it's blown. Why not just pop each coil on the battery? There is so many things that you could have done short of an install that stayed installed for weeks.

audiophile831
The coil IS black but like clik clak said.. Youve had this for over 3 weeks now. Knowing that ur gonna send it back why would u even put in in ur car stubbs? Thats why alot of the guys on here are not givin you the support u expected. I can see where stubbs frustration is coming from because he has not scammed anyone. The claim isnt over and clik clak called em out before the claim gets closed but clik clak does have the benefit of the doubt here. Not because of post count or refs, but because of facts. If u would of taken piks as soon as u got it and opened the claim right away, this would of gone a whole different direction.

CL1CKCLACK
11-27-2010, 03:42 PM
H3ll if he had sent me pics of the coil right when he got it i would have refunded him. But he refused to send me any pics and then started a claim against me, so i fought it

stubbs563
11-27-2010, 03:43 PM
Cost you $40 lol i paid for shipppinnngggggg. Also I put it in my car to see if it worked. I dont drive my car daily due to living on a college campus and my car being home. so there is not 3 weeks of play on it. Alright, so what my bad i didnt take a video/pics right out of the box, but the coil was just like that pulling it out of the box.

CL1CKCLACK
11-27-2010, 03:46 PM
Cost you $40 lol i paid for shipppinnngggggg.

yea, you did pay for shipping, but you kept lowing how much you wanted to pay for it. so i ended up getting about 30 dollars less then asking.

Annnarbor84
11-27-2010, 03:46 PM
If it has not already been mentioned "like new" is still a used sub:fyi: If the coils test fine, and sub plays with no mechanical issues, I honestly do not see what the bitching is about. When most people advertise a sub being like new, they are reffering to cosmetics, and such.... Not the coil......

If you ordered this new from DC and the sub came with a blackened coil, then yes I could understand being pissed......

CL1CKCLACK
11-27-2010, 03:47 PM
Cost you $40 lol i paid for shipppinnngggggg.

and between the $100 recone im going to have to buy now because you probably fvcked up the sub more and more each day. its a little more then 40 dollars. i even offered to split the recone with you. even though i know the sub was good when i sent it. but you wouldnt close the case so i could send you money

CL1CKCLACK
11-27-2010, 03:48 PM
lol, he wanted me to "take his word" that he would close the thread after i paid him... :rotflol:

CL1CKCLACK
11-27-2010, 03:49 PM
If it has not already been mentioned "like new" is still a used sub:fyi: If the coils test fine, and sub plays with no mechanical issues, I honestly do not see what the bitching is about. When most people advertise a sub being like new, they are reffering to cosmetics, and such.... Not the coil......

If you ordered this new from DC and the sub came with a blackened coil, then yes I could understand being pissed......

thats what i explained to paypal. even though he is the reason it now has a black coil.

stubbs563
11-27-2010, 03:52 PM
You told me you were going to send the money "as soon as you could get it" I said I will close the case when you get it. lol

Annnarbor84
11-27-2010, 03:58 PM
You told me you were going to send the money "as soon as you could get it" I said I will close the case when you get it. lol

:fyi::fyi:

If it has not already been mentioned "like new" is still a used sub If the coils test fine, and sub plays with no mechanical issues, I honestly do not see what the bitching is about. When most people advertise a sub being like new, they are referring to cosmetics, and such.... Not the coil......

CL1CKCLACK
11-27-2010, 04:00 PM

yeah, because i have zero money right now. talked to someone and could have had the money same day. but you said ill close the case when i have the money. no when you have the money

stubbs563
11-27-2010, 04:01 PM
I dont want a completely black coil when i receive something that was described like new. Simple as that, thats my complaint.

Also i did say when you have the money. I asked when and you said a couple weeks, to a month.

stubbs563
11-27-2010, 04:03 PM
Double also get a job. Sparkling wiggle.

Wildbillpb
11-27-2010, 04:07 PM
Cost you $40 lol i paid for shipppinnngggggg. Also I put it in my car to see if it worked. I dont drive my car daily due to living on a college campus and my car being home. so there is not 3 weeks of play on it. Alright, so what my bad i didnt take a video/pics right out of the box, but the coil was just like that pulling it out of the box.

Still not a good excuse... If you will go to page 8 at the bottom is my comment about this very issue, could you give me an excuse for not trying any of that? Or for even trying at all since you were not sending it back for being blown. The amount of time for the install could have gotten you pictures of the coil and a thread in your favor...

Wildbillpb
11-27-2010, 04:10 PM
I dont want a completely black coil when i receive something that was described like new. Simple as that, thats my complaint.

Also i did say when you have the money. I asked when and you said a couple weeks, to a month.

If that was your complaint then what was the point of a complete install. Don't say to see if it worked cause that doesn't matter. You would have gotten a refund for the coil working or not. But since you installed it, and did everything the wrong way that's not the case.

Double also get a job. Sparkling wiggle.

What?

06goat
11-27-2010, 04:10 PM
If you didnt hold off for so long and even put it in ur car than im sure none of this would be a problem and cl1ckclack wouldnt have a problem refunding. BUT, you put it in ur car and play it? cmon what do you think you were gonna achieve? i dont give a flyingfuck if u wanted to make sure the sub played, if you were planning on sending it back who gives a ***** if it plays?

Im still neutral. takin it all in first lol

Annnarbor84
11-27-2010, 04:11 PM

If you wanted a new sub, you should have bought a new sub and been done with it. But you chose to get a "used'' sub. Regardless of whether it was said it was "like new", the bottom line is it is still "used"...... Like new is not new, like new is used:fyi:

pro-rabbit
11-27-2010, 07:57 PM
Bottom line is this. You purchased a used sub. You did the right thing by contacting him when you were not "ok" with the product. You lost all credibility after you put it in your car and used the sub(with your lack of knowledge on proper amplifier settings). The sub more then likely was just fine when it arrived(regardless of coil color), however, you now say it got "stinky" with your "500" watts(which is wrong).

There are no warranties applied when buying used products. It is at the discretion of the seller. I personally would not work with you at this point. You purchased the sub and used it. Sorry, but you are at a loss. Now maybe, just maybe, if you ask nicely he will assist you in getting it reconed(all though I would not).

You are(or at least you claim to be) a college student. Being such, you should understand the working of online transactions and how you are more then just wrong in your claim. Take this as lesson learned and buy from a shop or take the PROPER actions next time.

stubbs563
11-27-2010, 11:27 PM
na

stubbs563
11-28-2010, 12:26 AM
Stubbs563 :: DSCN0776.mp4 video by Firebird1991 - Photobucket (http://s712.photobucket.com/albums/ww124/Firebird1991/Stubbs563/?action=view&current=DSCN0776.mp4)

pro-rabbit
11-28-2010, 01:11 AM
na

If you think this i true, please just stop buying online and save us all the BS you bring in.

pro-rabbit
11-28-2010, 01:14 AM
Stubbs563 :: DSCN0776.mp4 video by Firebird1991 - Photobucket (http://s712.photobucket.com/albums/ww124/Firebird1991/Stubbs563/?action=view&current=DSCN0776.mp4)

So what I see is a used sub that is in working condition. This sub was also USED by YOU after your "claim".

stubbs563
11-28-2010, 01:22 AM
Whhhhaaattttt?

pro-rabbit
11-28-2010, 01:31 AM
what were the coils supposed to read at?(what VC setup?) also, you used the sub. This makes all pictures and videos unmissable for this case. Another words your theory that your right is flawed.

stubbs563
11-28-2010, 01:39 AM
Lol after a one time use?, i dont think that would do anything considering my settings on my amp/hu. You wouldnt even know how much power they were getting i guessed ~500. I cant be sure im correct but at the settings my deck was at and my amp. I just cant see it.

*SlappinAzz*
11-28-2010, 01:43 AM
If stubbs was a scammer, he wouldn't be here trying to resolve this thread and gain his positive feedback.

pro-rabbit
11-28-2010, 01:46 AM
The problem here is not that he is a scammer. It is the fact that he used the sub after he decided he was not keeping it. This is wrong, and he does not deny that. Thus, making the issues he describes as harder to deal with. There is no way anyone will ever know what really happened. Like I said, look into getting reconed and work out a deal between you two. That will be the best option all around. Not much else can be done at this point.

*SlappinAzz*
11-28-2010, 01:47 AM
I think they should drop it, before it gets worse.

pro-rabbit
11-28-2010, 01:52 AM
I think they should drop it, before it gets worse.

agreed

stubbs563
11-28-2010, 02:46 AM
We had talked about it, and he just recently said "i had someone waiting with the $" He told me it would be a month. So i didnt drop the claim. He never said anything else about it.

LazyRider
11-28-2010, 07:08 AM
He is a scammer though. He bought a fully working used sub, and now is trying to get his money back because he doesn't like the color of the coils. The sub worked when he got it, now after 3 weeks of having the sub and using it he's trying to return it. How is this not a scam?

stubbs563
11-28-2010, 01:06 PM
He is a scammer though. He bought a fully working used sub, and now is trying to get his money back because he doesn't like the color of the coils. The sub worked when he got it, now after 3 weeks of having the sub and using it he's trying to return it. How is this not a scam?

No. You are wrong. I asked clickclack for my money back and i would send the woofer back three weeks ago (i asked for a refund the day the sub was received). He refused, so i asked him to help with a recone three ago He said he would have the money in a month, and to drop the claim. I said i would drop the claim as soon as the funds were available.

dumple
11-28-2010, 01:19 PM
Your both scammers, there it's settled

power-fanatic07
11-28-2010, 01:20 PM
Your both scanners, there it's settled

??

http://www.nasmoto.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/04/scanner.jpg

Wildbillpb
11-28-2010, 01:36 PM
I wouldn't help with a redone shut isn't needed go buy some bronze spray paint and hit the coil with that. This whole thing is retarded if click clack doesn't help with the redone I for one wouldn't hold anything against him. Click clack just direct paypal to this thread so they can see all the bs excusses used and the unanswered questions. I for one think Stubbs is lying about the one time use.

1. He did a complete install and only listened to it once?
2. There are multiple other ways to test it without the complete install.
3. He tested it with half everything. Why not minimum everything? Sounds like he was testing it's limits and he actually went above half volume (maybe gain to either way it was more than 500w) and met it's limits.
4. I don't believe him. Slappin scammers can be persistent to, especially since he isn't just taking the money and running. He used a product and is trying to convince the seller to pay for a recone or give back his money. Pretty much forcing the seller to guarantee a product which was sold as is. This type of scam takes persistence where as the selling bad product and running with the money takes none at all.

I would say both of you drop it because Stubbs went about this all wrong and using it was unethical. I would hope your college has already gone over ethics in your career choice and told you to have some. That would be like me going to walmart and buying a vacuum using it to clean my house and once I'm done return it since I did what I needed to. Granted that happens and a big company like that with employees that font want to be there hardly ever says no, but it is unethical and essentially what Stubbs is doing. He'll even with a warranty on a sub if it turned black they would just say if it still plays and it still reads the correct ohms it's not broken, don't fix that which is not broke.

CL1CKCLACK
11-28-2010, 01:48 PM
lol, and lets not forget he wanted me to refund him BEFORE he sent the sub, and AFTER he had already used it.

CL1CKCLACK
11-28-2010, 01:54 PM

Coil was not that dark when i sent it, i can gaurantee that much.

If you think this i true, please just stop buying online and save us all the BS you bring in.
x2

If stubbs was a scammer, he wouldn't be here trying to resolve this thread and gain his positive feedback.

False, he is trying to get away with scamming without ruining his name, which has proven to fail, just as he does

Annnarbor84
11-28-2010, 02:01 PM
I would not pay a dime, and Pay Pal is not going to rule in his favor. For Christs sake the sub is in good working order. I am not understanding what is so hard to understand here. It is a used sub, that means it has seen power. As I stated before if you want a new sub, then buy one and stop bitching like a little skirt......

power-fanatic07
11-28-2010, 02:05 PM
I would not pay a dime, and Pay Pal is not going to rule in his favor. For Christs sake the sub is in good working order. I am not understanding what is so hard to understand here. It is a used sub, that means it has seen power. As I stated before if you want a new sub, then buy one and stop bitching like a little skirt......

This

CL1CKCLACK
11-28-2010, 02:13 PM

I wouldn't help with a redone shut isn't needed go buy some bronze spray paint and hit the coil with that. This whole thing is retarded if click clack doesn't help with the redone I for one wouldn't hold anything against him. Click clack just direct paypal to this thread so they can see all the bs excusses used and the unanswered questions. I for one think Stubbs is lying about the one time use.

1. He did a complete install and only listened to it once?
2. There are multiple other ways to test it without the complete install.
3. He tested it with half everything. Why not minimum everything? Sounds like he was testing it's limits and he actually went above half volume (maybe gain to either way it was more than 500w) and met it's limits.
4. I don't believe him. Slappin scammers can be persistent to, especially since he isn't just taking the money and running. He used a product and is trying to convince the seller to pay for a recone or give back his money. Pretty much forcing the seller to guarantee a product which was sold as is. This type of scam takes persistence where as the selling bad product and running with the money takes none at all.

I would say both of you drop it because Stubbs went about this all wrong and using it was unethical. I would hope your college has already gone over ethics in your career choice and told you to have some. That would be like me going to walmart and buying a vacuum using it to clean my house and once I'm done return it since I did what I needed to. Granted that happens and a big company like that with employees that font want to be there hardly ever says no, but it is unethical and essentially what Stubbs is doing. He'll even with a warranty on a sub if it turned black they would just say if it still plays and it still reads the correct ohms it's not broken, don't fix that which is not broke.

This

lulz, thanks guys i just wanted to make sure i wasnt being unreasonable and was not in the wrong here

ahole-ic
11-28-2010, 03:31 PM
Let's not forget, that some coils can come dark. It happens when the glue is applied, it is too hot. Is the coil bad? No of course not. It's just that a lot of people are idiots and assume that "the coil has been hot.. or clipped" So? If it's not blown, what is the problem? People assume that it's "closer to blowing", but that's bs. Clearly they do not know what they are talking about. Whether the coil is dark or not, this sub is as advertised. The glue has the same or higher melting point now than it did.
The buyer has no gripe here. He got the sub. He admits it works. It was not damaged during shipping..... end of discussion. There was not scam at this point.
The buyer is not happy with the performance of the sub because he turned his amp up too high and put the sub in an enclosure that is too large.
No matter who wins this claim, let's all remember that stubbs is at worst a scammer, and at best someone you DO NOT want to do business with because you cannot please him and he will reverse charges on you.

stubbs563
11-28-2010, 04:26 PM
No one has been scammed nor am i trying to scam him. I asked for a refund prior to installing the sub. The reason I filed a claim was because it was not as described when i recieved it. What I bet happend is clickclack middle manned me, and never really checked much of the sub out, and got it and sent it to me. Thats why he was so hesitant to have it shipped to his place from, what he told me, his "grandparents" place, when he then switched his story to his aunts place, in a previous post on here. I now understand that i shouldn't have installed it. I admit that was wrong. But unless you were there you cannot judge the settings and my application. As far as whitedraggon was concerned a 4.5-4.25 box was perfect for a level 4 in this > http://www.caraudio.com/forums/subwoofers/494818-what-size-box-do-dc-level-4s-like.html
There are some now unknown variables that could be tested to prove your theory, and disprove mine, also to prove mine and disprove yours. but if/until those are run, you cannot call me a scammer. As i mentioned previously, I bought my sundown from cahmrohn and he told me everything that was cosmetically wrong with the amp, i took precautions with him as well, having him sending me re-dated pics vids and such, when i recieved his package i was nothing but happy, told him that. If i were to purchase this again I would have asked him to provide me with pictures of the coil. I did not, and he never sent any or took any in the first place to send to me. So its what ever, im not worried about it anymore. lulzer clack iz a scammerz!!!!

stubbs563
11-28-2010, 04:27 PM
Oh, by the way, next time spell my name right via thread, and your sig. lulz failboat down.

pro-rabbit
11-28-2010, 04:53 PM
You blindly set your gains. Yes? If so this disproves your theory. All we are saying is that you were unhappy do to how the coil looked. Then you misused the sub by failing to properly set gains. Thus clipping the amp and creating the smell you spoke of.

Also, regardless of all facts. YOU USED THE SUB! Unsure why you even bothered with this at that point. You took responsibility at that point.

pro-rabbit
11-28-2010, 04:55 PM
Did you miss these posts?

Box is a bit too big. Depends on how much power you plan on running.

Should do fine. Just watch the sub when you power it up to make sure you dont overthrow it.

97maxima
11-28-2010, 04:56 PM
Seller and buyer are both idiots. Willing to bet the coil was darkened to begin with and the buyer made it worse. Coils dont get black from a over sized box.The suspension could break or the coil could rock.Which would explain the marks on the coil since your box is massive. You need to both come to some agreement, half on a recone would be fair. I dont think the seller should be out all his money tho

stubbs563
11-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Alright i understand that. fine what ever. I don't care anymore. I know the sub came how it came, you think that becuase i have low posts and low feedback that i am lying. Thats fine. You think becuase he has all this feed back, and all theses posts and you have probably interacted with him in some form on these forums that he is not thats up to you. But i am not a scammer. I simply tried to get what i paid for, and unfortunatly wont be granted that. So I have to accept it. It teaches me to deal with kids who can barly wipe their own *** and have never seen the real world, where people work hard for things, and character and integrity are respected. I am done with this thread think what you want, you have no proof. I have two people who were there upon inspection prior to installation, firebird 1991 and my mother. We know the truth. Enjoy your days and i hope all your efforts into this were worth it.

pro-rabbit
11-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Seller and buyer are both idiots. Willing to bet the coil was darkened to begin with and the buyer made it worse. Coils dont get black from a over sized box.The suspension could break or the coil could rock.Which would explain the marks on the coil since your box is massive. You need to both come to some agreement, half on a recone would be fair. I dont think the seller should be out all his money tho

I agree, but the problem is still that the reality of the situation. The buyer should have never used the sub. The buyer also may have caused the issue with the coil by clipping his amp. WE don't know for sure.

pro-rabbit
11-28-2010, 05:01 PM
Alright i understand that. fine what ever. I don't care anymore. I know the sub came how it came, you think that becuase i have low posts and low feedback that i am lying. Thats fine. You think becuase he has all this feed back, and all theses posts and you have probably interacted with him in some form on these forums that he is not thats up to you. But i am not a scammer. I simply tried to get what i paid for, and unfortunatly wont be granted that. So I have to accept it. It teaches me to deal with kids who can barly wipe their own *** and have never seen the real world, where people work hard for things, and character and integrity are respected. I am done with this thread think what you want, you have no proof. I have two people who were there upon inspection prior to installation, firebird 1991 and my mother. We know the truth. Enjoy your days and i hope all your efforts into this were worth it.

You should take your own advice. Most of us are saying that by using the sub your screwed up. Not saying much more then that.

stubbs563
11-28-2010, 05:04 PM
I agree, but the problem is still that the reality of the situation. The buyer should have never used the sub. The buyer also may have caused the issue with the coil by clipping his amp. WE don't know for sure.

If you don't know then how can you say that I clipped or made it worse at all. All's i said was that the coil was black, i put it at around half gain, and the settings on my deck were substantially lower than my previous settings with my kicker zx1000.1 and ssd. I know its a bigger amp. The smell may not have even been coil, i could have been something else, i assumed it was the coil becuase uppon previous inspection it was black.

pro-rabbit
11-28-2010, 05:07 PM
If you don't know then how can you say that I clipped or made it worse at all. All's i said was that the coil was black, i put it at around half gain, and the settings on my deck were substantially lower than my previous settings with my kicker zx1000.1 and ssd. I know its a bigger amp. The smell may not have even been coil, i could have been something else, i assumed it was the coil becuase uppon previous inspection it was black.

I would ask you to do research on setting gains on an amp. It is not all that hard to clip the signal. The issue is still that you used the sub. Your video you took shows the sub is still fully functional as well.

If it helps, I will buy it for half what you paid shipped to me.

stubbs563
11-28-2010, 05:12 PM
Your a jackass.

CL1CKCLACK
11-28-2010, 05:12 PM
hmmmm. the 1st time you contacted me, you told me that the coil was blacker then a slave ship, and that it got stinky on 500w. would you really refund someones money after they told you that???

when you know for a fact that these subs can take more then rated power

CL1CKCLACK
11-28-2010, 05:13 PM
I would ask you to do research on setting gains on an amp. It is not all that hard to clip the signal. The issue is still that you used the sub. Your video you took shows the sub is still fully functional as well.

If it helps, I will buy it for half what you paid shipped to me.

lulz, if it get shipped back to me, ill sell you it for that

pro-rabbit
11-28-2010, 05:18 PM
Your a jackass.

I apologize for being smarter then you. Is this what our youth has become?

CL1CKCLACK
11-28-2010, 05:24 PM
I apologize for being smarter then you. Is this what our youth has become?

lol no, theres a few semi intelligent youth left in todays world... ;)

Annnarbor84
11-28-2010, 07:11 PM

I could care less how many posts or transactions he has had. Does not mean anything to me. You got exactly what you wanted, a used sub, now deal with it.....

-01limited-
11-28-2010, 07:19 PM
Your a jackass.

you're......just sayin'

stubbs563
11-28-2010, 07:35 PM
Thanks man!!!

-01limited-
11-28-2010, 07:41 PM
Well I mean you're trying to look intelligent, so I figured I'd give you a helping hand.:slap:

Euth_In_Asia
11-28-2010, 07:42 PM
In the end, if you buy something that is listed as "like new" and you feel that it isn't "like new" when you receive it, then claim your refund; do not use the product then attempt to get a refund because its not "like new." If I bought a sub that said it was "like new" and when I received, it had blemishes on the cone, I would ask for a refund due to it not meeting my criteria as "like new." The phase "like new" is very obscure and is subjective. One .000008 centimeter nick on the edge of the cone could render the product not "like new" in some eyes. Condition is in the eyes of the beholder. Stubbs is wrong in that he used to product and made it a lesser "like new" product than the way the seller had it posted as "like new." Stubbs is wrong and will not win the case... IMO... And its pretty stupid that Stubbs even posted the sub into a forum in order to initiate a trade with another member of the forum. With this, IMO, he is claiming the sub as his property and attempting to barter his product that he has accepted as "like new" for another product. Why would you even consider trading a product that you're thinking of returning or in the process of returning. Dumb as hello kitty to me. : | You might have got away with it if he was Walmart; they take back anything.

stubbs563
11-28-2010, 08:33 PM
Im pretty sure I already admitted I was wrong?

whitedragon551
11-28-2010, 09:07 PM
For the record I had my Level 4 15" in 4.5 net cubes tuned at 32Hz before port and displacement. I also had it on an under rated 1200@1 seeing about 1400@1 with PROPERLY set gains and tuning.

When I had my DC that's what the DC Audio site recommended for suggested SPL ported, and it has since changed. Here is proof of what DC had suggested. This was as of Apr 20, 2008.

Also for the record this thread is a huge cluster fvck.

Euth_In_Asia
11-28-2010, 09:28 PM
Im pretty sure I already admitted I was wrong?

Its always nice to kick a dog while its down; he/she usually can't bite then.

Boldtothemax
11-30-2010, 07:21 PM

I dont think he is a scammer, but he is for sure dumb as a box of rocks!

Made your bed bro, now lie in it and learn your lesson.....now, shut the fawk up and go wang on your sub as it still fawking works! You make baby Jesus cry!

Boldtothemax
11-30-2010, 07:23 PM
Needs to read whole thread....so you admit you're wrong.....nice! Still a fawking retard!

ahole-ic
11-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Yes stubbs is an idiot and should be labelled as a scammer. I don't understand why you are all accepting that a dark coil means it's been heated up during play. IT DOES NOT ALWAYS MEAN THIS. Someone ask a sub builder. LOTS of coils come from the factory very dark. Does it mean the coil is defective? Nope.
This whole thread is ridiculous...

CL1CKCLACK
12-01-2010, 02:56 AM
Yes stubbs is an idiot and should be labelled as a scammer. I don't understand why you are all accepting that a dark coil means it's been heated up during play. IT DOES NOT ALWAYS MEAN THIS. Someone ask a sub builder. LOTS of coils come from the factory very dark. Does it mean the coil is defective? Nope.
This whole thread is ridiculous...

So... Either way stubbs is in the wrong? lol

CL1CKCLACK
12-09-2010, 11:46 PM

CL1CKCLACK
12-16-2010, 06:32 PM
claim ended up being ruled in my favor :D

CRXBMPN
12-16-2010, 06:59 PM
nice :) used sub is used, end of story!

Euth_In_Asia
12-20-2010, 07:18 PM
*Claps*

Suicide Bobb
12-24-2010, 05:55 AM
Wow...finally finished reading through this whole thread!

I have come to conclude that Stubbs is not necessarily a scammer, but people should take heed of this thread when considering dealing with him. Zach/cl1ckclack is a good guy and from what I can tell did no wrong. He sent pics of the condition it was in, pics that were of those the buyer asked for (no more, no less). It was then sent to the seller in its given "used" condition. So if the buyer didn't request pics of X and X turned out bad, that is 100% the buyer's fault. This is how business is done, plain and simple.

I'm glad things worked out for ya Zach. Things aren't necessarily going to be any better from here on, but it's up to you to make sure that things like this don't happen again.

hoxie08
12-24-2010, 06:00 AM
guess who else is a scammer Retroaudioinc is a scammer do not do business with him

CL1CKCLACK
12-30-2010, 01:56 PM
guess who else is a scammer Retroaudioinc is a scammer do not do business with him

Brad is not a scammer, he does have personal issues, and isnt always the fastest shipper. But he always corrects the problems. Try emailing him if your having issues [email protected]