PDA

View Full Version : dagan30-Having some issues with him

DaveVT
11-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Agreed to purchase his 2 12" 2008 model L7 12's. Took him about a week to ship them. Price was 700 shipped for a zx1500.1 and the subs and enclosure. I sent half up front and then another 50 bucks because he asked for more due to the cost of shipping. I received the subs and with the UPS guy still standing there I unpacked them and pushed on each of the cones to makes sure they moved freely and such.

One was fine and the other scraped quite badly. So, I brought everything inside and removed the subs from the box. At this time I notice the front MDF panel is done for. So I have a box to repair. I grabbed my multimeter and tested the sub that seemed ok. These are dual 4ohms.....coil one and two read 3.5ohms. The other sub read 3.5ohms on one coil and ZERO on the other.

He swears up and down they both worked but considering I didnt even have my amp till today I sure as hell didnt blow em and I doubt the UPS guy opened them and blew one. Anyway, I asked for a 50% refund which I though was reasonable. I paid for 2 working subs and a box and got a dead sub, box in need of repair and one good sub.

We tried coming to many resolutions and it didnt work. I told him I needed to hear from him by sunday night or I was filing a chargeback with my bank. Paypal convinced me to go through them but if they fail then my bank will take it from there. I told him after the chargeback I will send him back half the money. He refused and told me to ship them back. This is after I already bought another one to replace the dead one for 190 bucks......so that with the cost of the mdf to fix the box im already taking a loss even with the 50% refund.

I refused to ship them since id end up getting nothing and spending more to ship them to him. I think I have been more than fair.

Below are pics of the box and a vid of the subs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGGXwNIh1Ro

http://i51.tinypic.com/2wn5lae.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/1pcy29.jpg

http://i55.tinypic.com/2mi293r.jpg

1rockford1
11-22-2010, 08:43 PM
so.

1rockford1
11-22-2010, 08:44 PM
u should of got 2 sa 12's . stupid L7's that what ya get .

DaveVT
11-22-2010, 08:52 PM
u should of got 2 sa 12's . stupid L7's that what ya get .

:(

What I find unbelievable is he said they were both working....how can you miss a speaker with a blown coil thats almost totally locked up?

1rockford1
11-22-2010, 08:53 PM
:(

What I find unbelievable is he said they were both working....how can you miss a speaker with a blown coil thats almost totally locked up?

i was just messin with ya i know bro, it just dont seam right. if your looking for us to say your right then your in the right place. YOUR RIGHT.

DaveVT
11-22-2010, 08:56 PM
The biggest thing thats pissing me off is he wants me to send this **** back AFTER I tell him I already bought a **** replacement L7.......I paid 190 shipped for the **** thing plus I gotta buy a sheet of MDF to fix the box......so im already gonna lose more than im getting back from the dude.

1rockford1
11-22-2010, 08:57 PM
GTFO Domain (http://gtfo.com)

Wingsfreak9
11-23-2010, 12:30 AM
not cool...i bought an l7 from some ******* off craigslist one time and didnt know much about audio then and it was blown and i didnt realize it until months later.

Deeper_shades
11-23-2010, 12:49 AM
that ***** man.

buying used **** from peepz is always a gamble.

best advice, stick to the dealers, or peepz with lots of solid refs.

DaveVT
11-23-2010, 12:52 AM
He also told me he didnt have the money to cover the partial refund because he spent it all on car insurance.....however hes posting to buy an amp and offering up to 300 bucks.

Wingsfreak9
11-23-2010, 12:53 AM
He also told me he didnt have the money to cover the partial refund because he spent it all on car insurance.....however hes posting to buy an amp and offering up to 300 bucks.

sketchy...

dagan30
11-23-2010, 09:01 PM
You are really making such a big deal over something so simple all im asking is just send me my stuff back and ill give you the FULL refund you can go find a box and another kicker somehwere else.... if you say you have like $10,000 in the bank why are you not buying new equipment with "WARRANTY"? AND WHY KICKER? but really just send me em back with all the original equipment and ill give a FULL refund not a partial.... your stressin over something so simple if its that bad send em back ill deal with the stuff myself because before i shipped everything out I can promise you it was fully functional and the box was built a few months ago in perfect condition.... youll have to open a dispute with UPS because of damaged shipping... your acting like i am trying to scam you which I had no intentions on doing im sorry if i didnt know the sub was "blown" because it worked in my truck perfectly and didnt make that clicking noise.... If I would of took video I would be posting it now.... I may have some video of them playing ill see if I can find it.... Just try to settle down and actually discuss the situation with me your getting way ahead off yourself... you filed a chargeback on my account before I could even do anything about it which is a **** move.. you even spoke to me on the phone before I shipped em... i really dont know your being a pain in the a** on this whole ordeal... all im asking is to send em back ill gove you full refund and you can find a box and a new kicker on your own.... let me know

DaveVT
11-23-2010, 09:06 PM
Also forgot to add he had these hooked to a zx1500.1 with the subs wired to 1 ohm. Might be the reason one was dead I think.

DaveVT
11-23-2010, 09:09 PM
I filed the chargeback after I said "I want a solution by sunday night" and you never got back to me. Also you tell me you cant do a refund and all this **** and yet you post to buy an amp and offer up to 300 bucks......As for me being a pain in the ***....I wonder why. I paid 400 bucks for 3 items and got ONE OF THEM in the described condition. Below is the pm I just sent.

LOL take the hit?. Are you nuts?. I will tell you why im not shipping the **** back.

A: I would end up taking the full hit on shipping (not happening)

B: Theres no way in hell a shipping accident killed only one coil and locked up the cone.

c: The box is broken and wouldnt survive the trip back im sure (so its a waste to ship)

So lets see here......Box NEW is 70 bucks(damaged isnt worth more than 15 bucks)......used L7 120x2=240(roughly since new is 189.95 shipped).....so we are at 255 plus shipping. You said 125 for shipping right?....so we are at 380. I PAID YOU 400!. Now I got a damaged box so 15 bucks there, 1 working sub so 120 there and we will say half shipping so 62.50. That comes out to 197.50 so technically your getting 202.50 from me.

As for you saying your gonna get them fixed I call bullshit. I called kicker and they informed me they dont do repairs. You send em the dead one and for 196.00 they send you another one. WOW Thats 4 bucks short of what im taking back. Oh **** I forgot, you gotta pay to ship the dead one to em....

As for why im buying used....because I want to save some money. Just because I can spend the cash doesnt mean im gonna go nuts on audio ****. Also, the way these were wired is probably the reason why one is dead.

dagan30
11-23-2010, 09:11 PM
Ok heres the deal you have all of my audio equipment and you filed a chargeback which took all the money out of my account and put me in negatives with my bank account so im sitting here with nothing and you have everything....

dagan30
11-23-2010, 09:13 PM
Do you know what a "FULL" refund is man?? im going to give you the $450 once you ship everything back which will cover all shipping charges...

dagan30
11-23-2010, 09:13 PM
^^ lol thats what im saying

DaveVT
11-23-2010, 09:14 PM
Ok heres the deal you have all of my audio equipment and you filed a chargeback which took all the money out of my account and put me in negatives with my bank account so im sitting here with nothing and you have everything....

Bullshit....it didnt put your bank account in the negative. Paypal account maybe but even with a neg paypal balance they cant touch your bank account.

Also, they have the money held, I have NONE of it.

DaveVT
11-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Do you know what a "FULL" refund is man?? im going to give you the $450 once you ship everything back which will cover all shipping charges...

Pardon me if I dont believe you man. I paid you in more than one payment so id have to dispute more than one.....im also not going to trust you to seld me money. I already trusted you to send me 2 working subs and a good box. I got neither.

dagan30
11-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Well paypal is waiting for us to finish the dispute i offered on paypal that I pay your shipping and full refund once I get the items back.... Just finish this with paypal because there the ones holding your money..,

dagan30
11-23-2010, 09:18 PM
your really killing me on this PAYPAL HAS YOUR MONEY!!! once I get the subs they release it so basically your making no progress... im offering a simple resolution that you wont follow through on...

Bassin Buick
11-23-2010, 09:19 PM
Bullshit....it didnt put your bank account in the negative. Paypal account maybe but even with a neg paypal balance they cant touch your bank account.

Also, they have the money held, I have NONE of it.

thats a lie. i'm 35 bucks in the hole now because ebay wanted monthly fees and i was short in paypal , so paypal withdrew from my attached bank account and now i have a overdraft fee to pay

dagan30
11-23-2010, 09:21 PM
^^^ EXACTLY would someone settle this guy down hes going nuts over this supposivly "scam" im offering a full refund is there something wrong with this guys? a full refund? with shipping included???

DaveVT
11-23-2010, 09:24 PM
Well paypal is waiting for us to finish the dispute i offered on paypal that I pay your shipping and full refund once I get the items back.... Just finish this with paypal because there the ones holding your money..,

LOL what is so hard about authorizing the refund and me sending back 50% of the money?. I dont wanna mess with the shipping.

Bassin Buick
seriously , just send dagan the goods back and make sure to pay for signature confirmation , that way you can be safe and he can't say he didnt get it back , not that i'm saying he would but with your mindset right now i think it would benefit you to shell out 2 dollars more to have proof he got his goods back. then you will get all your money back too. sounds like a win/win situation to me.

dagan30
DisputeThe buyer and seller have 20 days to communicate directly to resolve an issue with this transaction. All disputed funds are held until the issue is resolved. If both parties can't agree to a solution, either party can escalate this to a PayPal claim.
EscalationThe buyer or seller asks PayPal to review the case and decide the outcome. We make every effort to resolve the claim within 30 days and restore funds to the rightful owner.
Requiring your actionPayPal requests more information from the seller to resolve the issue. If the seller doesn't respond within 10 days, we close the case and restore funds to the rightful owner.
Awaiting other party's responsePayPal requests more information from the buyer to resolve the issue. If the buyer doesn't respond within the allotted timeframe, we close the case and restore funds to the rightful owner.
Being reviewed by PayPalWe review the information the buyer and seller have provided. We try to reach a final decision quickly, but complex cases may take longer and require additional information from the buyer or seller.
Item returnThe seller or PayPal may decide to grant a full refund to the buyer if the merchandise is returned. Once delivery is confirmed and the refund is processed, the case is closed.
ClosedThis claim or case has been closed. A closed dispute cannot be reopened or escalated to a PayPal claim.
Status
We contacted the buyer and let them know that you would agree to process a full refund if they return the merchandise to you in its original condition.

The buyer will ship the item to this address:

9310 redhawk bend drive, lakeland, FL 33810, United States

What happens next

The buyer is required to provide tracking information confirming that they shipped the merchandise to you by Dec 2, 2010. If we don't receive this information, the claim will be closed and a refund will not be issued.

Supporting documents
Files (0)
You haven't submitted any files. Add
Faxes (0)
You haven't submitted any faxes. Add
View dispute comments

View case history

Nov 22, 2010 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
Nov 22, 2010 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
Nov 22, 2010 - Seller: Refund buyer upon receipt of item
Nov 22, 2010 - PayPal: Email sent to seller
Nov 22, 2010 - PayPal: Email sent to buyer
Nov 22, 2010 - Buyer: Temporary hold placed on funds until case is resolved
Nov 22, 2010 - Buyer: Complaint Case filed
Back to Resolution Center

Transaction *****************
$350.00 USD
Nov 9, 2010

and they already toom another $70 out of my account so he could ship the Subs back.... ?????

DaveVT
11-23-2010, 09:25 PM
thats a lie. i'm 35 bucks in the hole now because ebay wanted monthly fees and i was short in paypal , so paypal withdrew from my attached bank account and now i have a overdraft fee to pay

Because you had it setup as an auto pay.....stop spewing BS before you know what your talking about tyvm. Not trying to be a **** but your wrong.

dagan30
11-23-2010, 09:27 PM
Ebay did the same thing with me a month ago and i even took off my automatic payment with them I contacted paypal and they said it was unauthorized and they refunded my money...., Ebay's a real scam

Bassin Buick
11-23-2010, 09:28 PM
Because you had it setup as an auto pay.....stop spewing BS before you know what your talking about tyvm. Not trying to be a **** but your wrong.

ebay is on autopay yes , there is no auto pay in paypal , they make you attach a credit card or bank account so they get there money no matter what the situation may be.

the point is if paypal wants there money they will get it. no way around it , thats why you have to have a card or b/a to have a paypal acct.

power-fanatic07
11-23-2010, 09:30 PM
that ***** man.

buying used **** from peepz is always a gamble.

best advice, stick to the dealers, or peepz with lots of solid refs.

Can't go wrong when you buy from reputable people. Just because you see a pic with their username and date really doesn't mean ****.

DaveVT
11-23-2010, 09:31 PM
ebay is on autopay yes , there is no auto pay in paypal , they make you attach a credit card or bank account so they get there money no matter what the situation may be.

the point is if paypal wants there money they will get it. no way around it , thats why you have to have a card or b/a to have a paypal acct.

Your mistaken, if theres a funding source set on paypal the only reson its taken is because ebay has the autopay setup for your paypal. If its not in your paypal then they take it to cover the payment because its an auto pay you requested. You can stop them from doing that if you choose, just not easily done.

power-fanatic07
11-23-2010, 09:33 PM
^^^ EXACTLY would someone settle this guy down hes going nuts over this supposivly "scam" im offering a full refund is there something wrong with this guys? a full refund? with shipping included???

I wouldnt hesitate to ship it back then. Sounds like you are trying to make good of the situation.

Bassin Buick
11-23-2010, 09:34 PM
Your mistaken, if theres a funding source set on paypal the only reson its taken is because ebay has the autopay setup for your paypal. If its not in your paypal then they take it to cover the payment because its an auto pay you requested. You can stop them from doing that if you choose, just not easily done.

i'm working on that now , this is the second time it has happened. i gotta get my monies back up again so it won't happen anymore.

DaveVT
11-23-2010, 09:35 PM
I wouldnt hesitate to ship it back then. Sounds like you are trying to make good of the situation.

He tells me he will pay shipping but he also told me I was getting all working stuff. I am not taking the hit on shipping....period. Ive offered to give him half the cash back after the refund completes but he isnt being reasonable.

power-fanatic07
11-23-2010, 09:36 PM
and they already toom another $70 out of my account so he could ship the Subs back.... ?????

Sounds like shipping should already be covered?

DaveVT
11-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Sounds like shipping should already be covered?

Theres no way they took an extra 70 bucks out. They only put the amount of the payment on hold.

dagan30
11-23-2010, 10:47 PM
Id like to post all the paypal information on here they took and addition $70 out of my account if you would please login to paypal and read all of it because it describes it all... they are holding all the money and once you send it with the tracking number back to me they will refund you all of your money.... basically paypal is handling this deal right now idk why were on here talking about it...

DaveVT
11-23-2010, 10:58 PM
Id like to post all the paypal information on here they took and addition $70 out of my account if you would please login to paypal and read all of it because it describes it all... they are holding all the money and once you send it with the tracking number back to me they will refund you all of your money.... basically paypal is handling this deal right now idk why were on here talking about it...

I didnt use a paypal account, thats why I had you send a money request. It was a one time payment. An account wasnt needed. Check the info on the other 70 bucks man.....theres no reason as to why they would take another 70 unless theres other **** going on in your account that has nothing to do with our dispute.

dagan30
11-24-2010, 09:53 AM
ok so paypal is holding your money from the chargeback I offered a full refund and they said once you ship out the item with Tracking number they will release the money back to you... why is this so hard? ill even supply you $10 for the box you had to fix??

iLL Ridge
11-24-2010, 12:06 PM
I got 2 bad subs from 2 different folks on here.... that might be saying something. Subs may not be the best thing to buy on here used- too much sh_t going on with em.

Boldtothemax
11-24-2010, 01:51 PM
Just because some people have bad luck with someone selling a bad sub, dont mean everyone does that.

I dont know what is true here or not.

What I do know, is this is a cluster.....good luck to both parties.

DaveVT
11-27-2010, 01:27 AM
bump.........

audioatg
11-27-2010, 10:29 PM
This is why I got pick up only in my for sale add.

stangman67
11-27-2010, 10:33 PM
I don't see the problem . Seems the seller is being very reasonable.

DaveVT
11-27-2010, 10:37 PM
I don't see the problem . Seems the seller is being very reasonable.

You dont see the problem?. Are you blind?. Sure hes offering a refund.....in the end I get to send it all back and trust ill receive a refund when I should have gotten 2 working subs in the first place. If I send em out I would also have to trust him to cover the return shipping since I shouldnt have to cover shipping for damaged stuff.....that would be like paying 100+ dollars to check out some damaged equipment...

Do you still not see the problem?.

I am currently working with the seller....this will be cleared up by the end of this week or ill just continue with my original course of action.