PDA

View Full Version : Getting back in the Game

Razz2o4
11-22-2010, 06:41 PM
I am getting ready to get back into the Car Audio world. I am looking to get some tunes into my Trailblazer SS. I am currently all stock.
I am looking for guidance on a HU. I have always run Eclipse so I am thinking of going that direction. I will be running Focal I65 KR2 Components in the front and l65 KRC in the rear. Run off a JL HD600/4 but open to opinions. Not sure yet on the dash speakers, might leave it empty but currently has a 3.5 coax from factory. Still not sure on sub yet either. So guaging from that, what direction would you take for a HU? NAV and touch screen are my two main wants.
Current head units I am looking at are the Kenwood DNX9960 Pioneer AVIC-Z120BT and the Eclipse AVN726E. Was also looking at the Alpine INA-W900 , but it only has a 2Vpreout. WTF? I am leaning more torwards the Kenwood and Eclipse due to the 5V pre out. Any one have any thing to chime in on theseS? This setup willl be purely for SQ.

daboyfrumdabx
11-22-2010, 07:12 PM
I'll let others take care of you as I can hold my own, but still don't know as much as many of the guys here and therefore can't offer the same quality of advise as them. To help them get started though...What's your budget?

Keep in mind Eclipse is out of biz, great stuff obviously but something to consider. I wouldn't think twice about buying an Eclpise HU, but some people would rather not. Are you set on Focal? If willing to swap up are you willing to buy stuff online, or only what a dealer near you carries? And goal, SQ or SPL?

Razz2o4
11-22-2010, 08:54 PM
I am lookin to stay around, or below 3K. My last build I was as follows.

Eclipse 8051 HU
PPI PCX280 Highs and Mids
US Amps USA1000X Sub
Solobaric S10D Round
MB Quart QSD 216

I loved the MB Quarts most of the time, but they tended to get a bit fatiguing at times when listend to for long perious and high volumes. Sub wise, I need something that will fit in a small encloure. Similar to the old school Solo Round. OH, I am looking for pure SQ not SPL here. Just good clean audio for the family.

Razz2o4
11-29-2010, 09:25 AM
no one?