PDA

View Full Version : Alarm with distinct ground while disarmed output

gunz4me2
11-21-2010, 02:04 AM
I was wondering if anyone can recommend an alarm with a distinct ground while disarmed feature. I am planning on interfacing it with my factory alarm and the Autopage RF-525 that I purchased just wouldn't cut it because I had the choice of second step unlock OR ground while disarmed through the same wire.:furious:

I guess I could always devise a circuit to latch the factory disarm to my first door unlock pulse for the driver's side, but I would rather have something that works properly out of the box.

So that brings me to my question, what alarm brands/models will give me a ground while disarmed AND a 2nd step unlock feature?

Worlddre
11-22-2010, 09:50 AM
most any alarm has a factory alarm disarm and arm output do you need it latched? If so any of the Directed alarms with multiple aux outs have 1. A Factory Disarm Circuit and 2. An Aux 2 channel that can be programmed to latch and linked with disarm.

bubbagumper6
11-22-2010, 09:58 AM
I was wondering if anyone can recommend an alarm with a distinct ground while disarmed feature. I am planning on interfacing it with my factory alarm and the Autopage RF-525 that I purchased just wouldn't cut it because I had the choice of second step unlock OR ground while disarmed through the same wire.:furious:

I guess I could always devise a circuit to latch the factory disarm to my first door unlock pulse for the driver's side, but I would rather have something that works properly out of the box.

So that brings me to my question, what alarm brands/models will give me a ground while disarmed AND a 2nd step unlock feature?

Easily done with a simple relay....

Worlddre
11-22-2010, 10:05 AM
Easily done with a simple relay....
yes but an energized relay will draw current whenever the doors are not locked so if he one day leaves his car unlocked or his remote is lost or stops working that draw will kill a battery overnight.

bubbagumper6
11-22-2010, 10:09 AM
yes but an energized relay will draw current whenever the doors are not locked so if he one day leaves his car unlocked or his remote is lost or stops working that draw will kill a battery overnight.

I didn't put any thought into his actual application, I was just offering advice as far as that circuit design goes. I've done relay latches before and they aren't difficult.

gunz4me2
11-25-2010, 03:48 AM
most any alarm has a factory alarm disarm and arm output do you need it latched? If so any of the Directed alarms with multiple aux outs have 1. A Factory Disarm Circuit and 2. An Aux 2 channel that can be programmed to latch and linked with disarm.

I was worried someone was going to say that. I had a falling out with one of the managers at DEI and as a result refused to purchase anything DEI for the last 7 or 8 years. I guess I will have it purchased under my wife's maiden name! :D

With that said, I am impressed with the Clifford Matrix line of alarms.

CL1CKCLACK
11-25-2010, 04:10 AM
all the dei alarms are pretty much exactly the same. whether its viper, or python, or clifford, or one of their many other names

gl0ck
11-26-2010, 03:17 AM
Depending on your system you may be able to use the " Domelight supervision wire ". It is typically a 30 sec latched output on unlock/disarm, i have had to use it on a few lock detection wires. It worked great everytime

gunz4me2
11-27-2010, 03:23 PM
Dammit, I wasn't thinking because I could have used a DEI 611T to send a timed disarm pulse off of the driver's door unlock, starter interrupt relay, or the dome light upon disarm. Oh well, live and learn!

Worlddre
11-28-2010, 11:07 AM
why not purchase an alarm with auxillary channels that can be linked to arm/disam most any major alarm company has models with this feature. Directed, Compustar, Autopage all have available models and the aux outputs can be timed, pulse or latched

gunz4me2
12-03-2010, 02:53 AM
I think I am going to give the top of the line Autopage RS-1100 a try even though I am not going to remote start my manual vehicle. Looking back, I now realize that I could have made my RF-525 work, but it had the same crappy range that my RF-420 had with regard to the paging/remote functions. While the 1100 may not give me that true 1 mile range, it has to be better than the lower line models.