PDA

View Full Version : About to purchase a new double din any advise please??

deez283
11-20-2010, 03:52 PM
So I purchased a Sony XAV-60 and while its a nice looking unit it is SLOW as can be and alot of times will just sit and stall out while trying to read discs...

Crutchfeild authorized a return so it's going back monday..

I was looking at either a Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD or Pioneer AVH-P3200BT

anyone have expierence with either deck? how they perform etc..

also any major differences between the two?

I'm looking to purchase by monday so any feedback would be great!
Thanks.

Buck
11-20-2010, 03:55 PM
I've never really seen a great double din h/u. Most of them are hard to work with.

deez283
11-20-2010, 06:30 PM
Yeah I seem to hear that alot but I'd still like to have one...

I noticed the pioneer has 4v pre outs which is good.. would just like to know if the thing is slow as a snail like the sony was..

nstillmatic
11-20-2010, 09:42 PM
I have the P4200DVD and it can be somewhat sluggish when scrolling through music from your ipod, but it may be like that for all headunits because it improves with a newer and/or faster ipod - like ones w/ flash memory etc. For the few times I've tried using the SD card support it hasn't worked out too well, it takes forever to get ready if you have a lot of files on it but again that may be due to the type of SD card I used. I don't recall ever trying USB playback other than from the iPod (which is a different interface). CDs and DVDs work without issue for me.

I believe the only difference between those 2 models is that the BT includes bluetooth support out the box, the other one requires an addon module. If you don't use bluetooth then I wouldn't pay for it; and it's not the best bluetooth support either. (it's only for phone dialing, no contacts list, etc. and doesn't work with bluetooth audio streaming.

deez283
11-21-2010, 12:18 AM
I ended up just going with the Pioneer AVH-P3200DVD seems to have decent features and it's gotta be faster than the sony it's on sale for 299.99 shipped which is alot less than I paod for the junk sony too..

when using the sony with a regular store bought cd it takes a bit to switch songs even..

wone
11-21-2010, 04:12 PM
that pioneer is way faster than that sony, and is easy to work with