PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever built a box for 2 12's in a reg cab silverado????

pj2003
01-28-2004, 10:42 PM
i have an 03 silverado reg cab truck. i was wonderin if anyone has ever built a box that holds 2 12's in a sealed truck box. i also heard that twelves can burn up bein directly behind the seat by not havi enuff air. would putting a grill over the sub help by not letting it touch the back of the seat?????? help plz oh yea if anyone has the dimendions for the above mentioned box let me know or give me a link that shows the dimensions. gonna put 2 rockford fosgate HE 12's in it. thanx for help....if any1 responds

verylowbass1
01-30-2004, 11:37 AM
hye man look put both of your subs on the left and your port on the right make a 6by6by4 or 5 port that should tune it to 35 to 40.....email me if you have any questions.......thanks michael

buster
01-30-2004, 11:50 AM
Go sealed. I don't think you have enough room for a bigger ported enclosure. I had two JL 12w4s in a sealed box in my chevy single cab and it hit hard. Those cabs sound great. How much airspace do your subs require? Mine were a tight fit, so I just stuffed the box and gave them plenty power. I guess it all comes down to how far you want to move your seat up.

buster
01-30-2004, 12:00 PM
I think what they mean by burning up subs in a truck style box is because the magnet of the speaker is close to the back wall of the box. Speakers are vented through the magnet and need sufficient space around the vent. Just make sure you have enough mounting depth when designing the box. Grills are probably a good idea.

verylowbass1
01-30-2004, 04:14 PM
look im tellign you put it in a 2.3 2.4 box and make a 6by6 port it will hit hard sealed doesnt sound right at all......email me at [email protected]

michael

pj2003
01-31-2004, 12:25 AM
ok heres the deal. i have 2 sony xplod 10's*cough*cough..arghgggg bad decision . they are in split sealed Qlogic boxes. i believe the RF 12's are only like 1/16 of an ich thicker. what i plan on doin is have the same depth measurments as the Qlogic box except have the box go all the way across the back wall and holes for twelves stead of 10's. thats what i want to do... not really into ported. and i've never built a box before so i think sealed would be a LOT easier. i dont really know alot about car audio so if some knows anything bout this could u answer this. if i used the same depths of the Qlogic (except not the flush mounted speaker and plastic cap in the back) could the RF 12's fit in tthat design of a box. thanx