PDA

View Full Version : Double Din or Motorized advantages?

popngen
11-18-2010, 06:55 PM
Can anyone tell me the major differences (and drawbacks) between using a motorized single DIN and a double DIN besides the obvious space issues?

Did a few searches but nothing conclusive. I'm guessing a motorized one can break and bend?

CRXBMPN
11-18-2010, 06:57 PM
a single din flip up would block my heating controls, so that leaves some of us with double din slots to utilize either a double din deck, or like mine which is a 7" hang down single din...
I think I prefer a double din over flip up though, thats just me.

popngen
11-18-2010, 07:03 PM
I think if it were not for the fact that I have space for a motorized flip-up in my car, I would not have had second thoughts about a possible flip-up instead of a double-din...

wondering what else could possibly be a drawback

genxx
11-18-2010, 07:04 PM
The motorized no matter what brand always have more problems. This is due to ribbon cables, the motorization mech. themselsves ect. I no way to many people that have issues with them over the years so I have always stayed away from them.

popngen
11-18-2010, 07:09 PM
The motorized no matter what brand always have more problems. This is due to ribbon cables, the motorization mech. themselsves ect. I no way to many people that have issues with them over the years so I have always stayed away from them.

ahhh good point