PDA

View Full Version : TV Tuner Antenna

AEFL92
01-27-2004, 10:34 PM
I bought a cheap antenna for a DVD Player/TV Tuner (both items by Innovatek?). The directions (or lack of) indicated that there were supposed to be two stereo-style plugs to hook into a TV Tuner unit, but there’s just one (which I used the adapter to plug into the coaxial jack on my DVD/Tuner)…along with a set of small wires…one red, one yellow. Are these supposed to be for the second input, as indicated, or could they be for power? I think the antenna is amplified, and meant to be powered. On the base, where it splits into the two antennas, there is an LED which makes me think it should be receiving 12 volts. Any ideas? Do the red and yellow have any indication? If it is to be powered, would the red be positive, and yellow be negative? Any help is appreciated, Thanks.

LBX2G
01-28-2004, 12:34 PM
what is the model number of the antenna.

AEFL92
01-28-2004, 05:42 PM
Innovatek, Model #: ANT-1, Diversity Antenna (or so it says on the package). I thinking about running 12V to it, and see what happens...hopefully it'll start picking up channels better than now...which is nothing.

LBX2G
01-28-2004, 08:25 PM
yeah it needs power.

AEFL92
01-29-2004, 02:42 PM
I hooked up power to it today...LED lights up, and local stations are being picked up much better. I'll try and get some pics of my whole setup on here soon. Thanks LBX2G.

Ryde _Or_Die
02-20-2004, 08:51 PM
How do the stations come in? For some reason I've been thinking that TV stations don't get picked up all that well with those and if they don't it would be hard to see at all in a car. Or am I way off?

LBX2G
02-21-2004, 12:47 PM
Well it workd like the one in ur home T.V. But the pic quality is not good while u are driving.