PDA

View Full Version : Different L7 Enclosures?

tylermac21
01-27-2004, 08:18 PM
I know alot of you on this board have L7's and alot of you have them in ported boxes. I was wondering what type of dimensions and port sizes you guys had, since I'm trying to decide on a box for the two of my S12L7's. They will be in an explorer and I really dont want my box much over 26" deep. I'm unsure how long to make my ports and whether to L shape them or not if my box is 24"-26". Any help is much appreciated, and so are ideas. My AIM s/n is tylermac21.

tylermac21
02-02-2004, 09:00 AM
anyone? this is my last question, i promise :-)

LoneRanger
02-02-2004, 09:17 AM
we're here to help ya. that's what forums are for.

have you ever built a box before?

If not, i'd suggest starting with a small sealed box and then building a ported box. At least you'll get to practice with the saw a little before you dig into your "keeper". You'll have to buy a whole sheet of MDF anyway, so you might as well use it all.

You can use the port calculator at BCAE and the windows calculator program to figure square port dimensions (pie R square!).

If you'd be interested in taking the easy way out and purchasing detailed plans with a cutsheet, you can fill out the quote request form on the website listed in my sig. Just fill out the info to the best of your ability and put "plans only" in the memo line.

If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.

tylermac21
02-03-2004, 08:57 AM
i already have a 4'x8' sheet of 3/4" MDF. Every time i try the bcae1 or winISD or anything like that, it gives me a very low number for port length. I'm also unsure about tuning. I was told that since im mainly out for spl but still want a little sq that i should tune to around 50 hz? Is this about right? And also, is that all that tuning is? <a number to help determine the best size/shape of the box?>