PDA

View Full Version : Audiocontrol Three.1 vs Soundstream BX-4EQ

ObiNev
11-03-2010, 08:52 AM
Hello,

Is there a major difference between the Audiocontrol and the Soundstream besides the AC being almost 3 times the price of the SS?

I generally believe that you get what you pay for and I currently have the AC for my car. I love the functionality and the ability to set the sound for different recordings & types of music just by twirling a few knobs w/o having to take my eyes off the road. This is far more user friendly and safer than having to set the EQ on the HU.

I'm looking for something similar for the family SUV and don't feel like shelling our for the AC and would like opinions on the SS. The functionality seems the same plus it has bass restoration.

Thanx in advance

cleansoundzz
11-04-2010, 02:31 PM
I would say that you should stick with the Audiocontrol 3.2. The crossover option is missing on the Soundstream which makes a big difference. Audiocontrol makes proven products and all they make for car audio are processors. If you are worried about price then look on EBAY.

ObiNev
11-05-2010, 02:48 AM
I would say that you should stick with the Audiocontrol 3.2. The crossover option is missing on the Soundstream which makes a big difference. Audiocontrol makes proven products and all they make for car audio are processors. If you are worried about price then look on EBAY.

Hello and thank you ...... I did look on ebay, that's where I came up with ~$240 for AC vs ~$78 for the SS.

The crossover is not an issue for me as I will be using the x-over on the amplifier.
I found the chip x-over on the AC unit a bit tiresome b/c it came with a standard 80 or 90 Hz x-over point and needs different chips to set it to different points, so tuning can be a bit tedious. That's whys I just got one extra chip for 60 Hz and then used the amp x-over for finer tuning.

But like I said in my original post, it is and awesome little unit and you do get what you pay for. Thanx for the feedback.

GETUGLY
11-13-2010, 08:34 AM
soundstream is not even in the same league,bro. With the new audiocontrol Three.2 you will also get balanced inputs & outputs, line drivers for up to 13v output, front input optimized for the ipod, and lastly a quality product. For which there is no substitute, trust me I own both.

cleansoundzz
11-17-2010, 09:08 PM
soundstream is not even in the same league,bro. With the new audiocontrol Three.2 you will also get balanced inputs & outputs, line drivers for up to 13v output, front input optimized for the ipod, and lastly a quality product. For which there is no substitute, trust me I own both.

x2